Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for American Gods

Must have been 8-10 years since i read this book (maybe 5 since I read Anasi Boys) but the info about the show has me pretty interested. Amazon prime somehow got the Canadian rights to this, which is surprising to me based on how small their content library is. I am just surprised that the first big tv thing that McShane has done since Kings. Based on how awesome he is you would think he would be starring in stuff non stop since Deadwood.

I'm going to watch it, but I'm not sure if I'll love it. I was more excited, until i stopped to consider how I feel about the book. I thouht it was interesting, and worth reading, but not the most fun I've ever had. Definitely not my favourite of Gaiman's work.

I've seen the actor playing Shadow before, and don't think he's very good. I also don't care for Ian McShane, and find it amusing that the permed, Sunday evening Lovejoy somehow became a medium-sized name in the US.

But, even though it's not my favourite work, hopefully it will tide me over until Good Omens finally makes it to the screen. And until the sequel to Neverwhere is released.

Edited by Danny Franks