Type keyword(s) to search

Watch A Trailer For Season 2 Of I Am Cait

While I truly enjoy many of the women in Cait's TV show posse, I find her draining. Her self-centeredness, lack of empathy and unwillingness to even examine her privilege let alone try to step outside of it make her horrible to watch. I'll probably still watch this season, although I may find myself fast-forwarding more than watching. I just don't need to see Cait have vacuous moments with various Kardashians or go through her extensive clothing choices.

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 2

Yeah, Caitlyn is the worst thing about this show. Couldn't the rest of them travel the country and have adventures without her? Maybe name the winnebago Cait, or have a big photo of her in every episode, but don't give the woman herself a forum to speak. And really, this would be for her good too.

Ooooh an idea: She and Melissa Etheridge could get together, have some kids, and then they could both abandon the kids! Lots of publicity every step of the way!

Maybe Khloe would take the abandonded kids to raise, so she'd win too.

• Love 3

Do they go to Hawai'i this season? That looked like the Pali Lookout at the end on a very rainy day, and then someone said, "There's always a rainbow at the end." I guess it could have been practically anywhere, though.

• Love 1

Ah. The show they should have retitled "I Am Still An Asshole".

I suppose the fact that she's SUCH a big asshole that it can't even be hidden on this show means that we have to accept the show simply as an effective vehicle for these OTHER women to try and straighten her out (pun not intended). Still I fear any kind of "redemption arc" if such a thing would wipe out the reality of what Caitlyn Jenner is--a big fat hypocrite and phony.

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure even E! is way past the redemption arc with her at this point. She's already getting the snotty edit they usually reserve for Kim. Candice might still buy her shit, but the rest of the women were over her before the first show even aired, as are 9 out of 10 of her kids. Of course the biggest famewhore of the kids now magically loves her, but this show gets cancelled and I see Kim dumping her too. 

• Love 1

Famewhore scored a book deal.   Publication scheduled for 2017.   Hopefully by then America will be so sick and tired of this narcissistic hag that the book will debut in the remainder bins.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/20/books/caitlyn-jenner-to-publish-a-memoir-about-her-transformation.html

... Mr. Bissinger was a natural choice for a collaborator. For the Vanity Fair article, he spent hundreds of hours over three months with Ms. Jenner before her transition, and countless hours with her after she reintroduced herself as Caitlyn.

As a self-described “cross-dresser with a big-time fetish for women’s leather,” Mr. Bissinger said he felt he could relate to some aspects of Ms. Jenner’s experience.

“I’ve also been open about cross-dressing and certain aspects of gender fluidity, and that created a bond,” Mr. Bissinger said in an interview.

Mr. Bissinger said that Ms. Jenner approached him about collaborating on her memoir a few months after the Vanity Fair article appeared.

“I made it clear to her before I agreed that everything has to be on the table, nothing can be left out, and I’m going to be interviewing dozens of other people,” he said. “It’s her book, but it’s going to be reported out to keep her honest. She’s been incredibly open, and I think it has the potential to be a really important book.”

The book will cover Ms. Jenner’s childhood as Bruce Jenner and rise to fame as a gold- medal-winning Olympic decathlete; her first two marriages and her troubled relationship with her children; her marriage to Kris Kardashian, the matriarch of the Kardashian brood; her transition and her experience as the world’s most famous transgender woman.

Which way to the vomitorium?

In my opinion, it's a modern tragedy (in the literary sense): Genuine sports hero wins respect and admiration of the entire world, then in her dotage, unable to accept not being famous anymore, becomes a mockery of everything she once symbolized. 

Guess she couldn't risk hiring an objective collaborator.    Wouldn't want any pesky reality appearing on the printed page.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2

Yeah, I was busy or would have posted about the book deal. It's scary, because it WILL sell--although I think people will get over it quickly too. A few weeks of gangbusters (and ugh.. talk show appearances promoting it) and then indeed those big discount stickers will start appearing on the books, and six months later it will be in the remainders bin. I suppose the big test is if people will actually buy the eBook version (the old test used to be if people would buy the paperback). 

Certainly it's being ghostwritten, and I'm sure a lot of cleanup is being done to Caitlyn's usual badly stated arguments/logic in an attempt to try and make it coherent. Good luck, ghostwriter!  You have a real task in front of you cleaning up that mess of a thought process.

It will also (along with the talk show appearances) be another coordinated attempt at a redemption. If we start hearing her talk about "all that I've learned" please be careful to not roll your eyes so hard they hurt. No doubt this is also going to be coordinated with the taping/recording of I Am Cait Season 3 (or would it be 4 by that point?).  Be sure this (the publicity tour for the release, signings, release parties) will all go on video.

EDIT - Ah, I see. I'm behind on news. We're not getting a ghostwriter, we're getting a "collaborator". So we will know who's trying to make Caitlyn sound intelligent rather than being the big dummy we know she is.  And someone who already had a vested interest in her continued success to boot.

Edited by Kromm

Buzz Bissinger's work is first-rate; he suffers no fools. I love his stuff, and Cait's lucky to have him as a collaborator. Buzz will dig deep, so Caitlyn should prepare herself.

You can get a sense of Bissinger from the video I've linked to below. Right now the VF contributing editor is prominently featured on many episodes of Vanity Fair Confidential, a true crime series on ID Discovery. He's good on the show. I think the straightforward, tough but sensitive way he writes his material is reflected in how he speaks about it on camera. He's covered high-profile, very powerful stories, and his research is legitimately impressive.

http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/vanity-fair-confidential/vanity-fair-confidential-videos/editors-note-dont-ask-dont-kill/

Edited by sleekandchic

Her media attention has already died down. By 2017 it's going to be "who? Oh yeah, I remember her" and the most interesting part will be how she abandoned her kids over and over. Now if we got a real truthful interviews from the first 2 wives or their kids, then I might see it selling. But knowing the self absorbed Caitlyn we know, it's going to be all about how she wanted to be the best parent ever, but just couldn't because of her secret or some such crap, ignoring the fact it wasn't too hard to raise 4 other kids and then have 2 more. 

EDIT - Ah, I see. I'm behind on news. We're not getting a ghostwriter, we're getting a "collaborator". So we will know who's trying to make Caitlyn sound intelligent rather than being the big dummy we know she is.  And someone who already had a vested interest in her continued success to boot.

Aside from the idea of Bissinger's vested interest -- or trans-vested, perhaps -- I don't think it's the best idea to have a cross-dresser/leather fetishist writing about Jenner.    Jenner's situation is a cross-dresser's fantasy come true.   It's always the job of collaborators/ghost writers to make the subject look good but I can't think of another instance where the scribe openly admits to having a sexual paraphilia related to the subject he's writing about.

Some articles I've seen are already salivating that the book is going to be a "Kardashian tell-all."  Perhaps any sales the book gets will be due to that angle vs. the famewhore's "journey."   It would be right in step with how she has been riding their coattails from the start of all this.

The publisher is thought to have given Jenner six to eight figures for this book deal.   Really?  To someone who can't even fill auditoriums on a speaking tour?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

Caitlyn has no depth or self awareness. I guess the book will be a recitation of events and people she met, but nothing about how she changed or grew over time. I haven't read Michael J. Fox's autobiography, and he's pretty well regarded as a nice guy, but I've heard the book is just a list of other famous people he's met. No dirt on them, but just dry accounts of having lunch with people you would have heard of. Which is fine, but not why I read an autobiography.