Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Bruises That Lie

PinkRibbons

NOTE: Reign airs on Thursdays in Canada, meaning that the episodes are very often viewed a day before they have aired in the US. Therefore please be aware that this thread will almost definitely have spoilers for those who wish to wait until Friday night to view the new episode.

Mary's feelings for Gideon are hard to suppress, but she does her best as she seeks political allies. Meanwhile, Elizabeth and Greer face gut-wrenching scenarios; Claude is in danger on her wedding night; and a power struggle over the regency continues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf1xOUJn7Xk%22%5Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf1xOUJn7Xk

Catherine did outlive most of her family from what I've read, but dayyamm she earned it!  I would love to have her knack for staying alive in a treacherous environment, she's my hero.  She doesn't lose her head, but we know Mary unfortunately does.

I kind of hope for Narcisse to find out that Catherine set up her own daughter to be abused and tell Claude. 

No!  Claude didn't want to be married to that geriatric, and she kicked his ass!  He got his money back and a vineyard, so all's fair in love and war and I want to see Narcisse beheaded.

• Love 1

Yeah, with Catherine I'm at the point of "fuck it, it's Catherine. That's just how she rolls". Rule on fierce, lady!

I felt sorry for Elizabeth. I think it's the first time I've actually felt something for the character. All signs point to Cecil being the poisoner but I'm going with Dudley.

But speaking of feelings for characters, I have none for Gideon and Mary's possible relationship. The age difference is throwing it off for me, I think. It doesn't usually, I loved Greer and her husband. I just don't see the attraction. I actually liked that Mary didn't actually seem all that into it when she pushed him out the door and immediately focused on the gold, it's a shame they pushed it again at the end. I'm starting to think Adelaide might not be able to sell a romance with anyone other than Toby. Either that or the casting department is being really bad at their job w/r to Mary's romantic chemistry, I think.

I honestly don't see why no one would consider Leith a candidate for Claude as he is. At this point she's looking unwilling to marry anyone else (and very unlikely for anyone to want to marry her, between her famous debauchery and now ability to beat the crap out of her husband), marrying her off to a former commoner would win points with the people and at least lend some hope for Claude to settle down. It's a win-win because her prospects for a "good" marriage anyway are most likely gone. She should persuade Charles while he's still feeling guilty, and Catherine while she's still high on being crowned.

• Love 3

I loved this episode so much and I really, really hate that we won't see this show again until the spring (according to Terrace Coombs). I loved King Charles in this episode, he finally seems to have grown a pair, and I hope he beheads Narcisse as well. The only thing that bugs me is the casting of Elizabeth. I'm not sure if it's the casting or her costumes, which I think are hideous, but she always comes across as an unsympathetic bitch you me. Catherine as always was fantastic.

Edited by missbonnie

Well, it's the morning after the episode and I am still confused with regard to Claude's marriage and who did what.

I know Narcisse arranged the marriage in exchange for gold, and Catherine convinced the husband to hit Claude so she could get the marriage annulled.  But why did the husband agree to that - what did he get out of all this besides a new reputation for being a wife beater and angering the king of France?  I feel I must have missed something.

Other than that, YAY! for Catherine becoming regent and YAY! for Claude retaliating against her husband hitting her.  "You can't hit me, I'm a princess!"

Can't wait to see what happens to Narcisse now; no doubt he will come up with some new scheme to keep things interesting.

After this many episodes, and I still do not like Leith, even though I assume I'm supposed to.  Something about the actor's choices/talent (or lack thereof) bugs.  I think voice inflection is a big part of it.  He inexplicably ends phrases w/ a lower voice...hard to describe.  Anywho, I assume this is the last season, so I just hope we get a decent ending to the series this spring.

• Love 1

I enjoyed the hot pirate re-appearing, although it made me laugh when he was all, "do whatever want!" Thanks for the public service announcement buddy.

The show has done a terrible job with the Dudley/Elizabeth relationship but then I have never really been interested in it in any screen or novel incarnation. Usually I lap stuff like that up, but for some reason not with them.