Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: A Star Is Born

I definitely preferred the interactive place over the all truffles, all the time joint.  Maybe because the few times I've had real truffles, they didn't blow my skirt up.  They were fine, just nothing I would seek out on a regular basis. 

T & J seemed very impressed and Antonia was positively swooning.  Kind of nice to see her in a chef coat, back in the kitchen. I've always loved her.  

But then I don't live in the rarefied air of Hollywood, so I'm so not their target audience.   And I live in Florida, so there's that.  *LOL*

I don't get the truffle-gasms on cooking/restaurant shows.  I've had really high-end meals with truffles in Milan and lower-end pub grub truffle mac n cheese in Boston.  Meh to both.  The truffle didn't make me fall on the floor twitching in ecstasy. Maybe my palette is just not sophisticated enough? 

I didn't like the wife at all.  She was obnoxious. But she does have a great sense of style. I also didn't like the name of their restaurant.  I know it's Latin and I get the subterranean theme.  However, every time somebody said the name, I heard "sepsis".  Not something I want to associate with food, especially if the chef wants me to pay $300 to eat there.

Finally, not a fan of tasting menus either.  I like to pick what I want to eat, especially if the chef wants me to pay $300 to eat there.

• Love 1

I didn't like either restaurant option this episode. I don't want to have to watch/pay attention to a chef for an entire meal as was the plan for the interactive restaurant. I also don't want just truffles all the time. However, having stated that-I would definitely visit the bar/bar menu at least once. A good cocktail and a touch of truffle in a bar menu might be great. So, I really backed Joe on his vision for the bar. I also agreed that a coffee table to eat off of is awkward and inconvenient. I may do it at home at times, but not when dressed up and eating in a nice environment. I didn't like the wife-she seemed like she was close to a breakdown and ruing how 'hard' she was working. Not so much-maybe take a look at home hard her husband was working along with the other employees. I do think this restaurant might be successful in Chicago as long as they pay attention to the bar.

• Love 1

The talk or orgies was... weird.

Sorry guys, but it's not possible to make a restaurant based on truffles and $300+ tickets to not feel stuffy. Leather chairs and a chandelier aren't helping the cause...

Found this episode very forgettable. The interactive restaurant would have been more entertaining for the show, even if it isn't very practical. Though I could see it working in a touristy area.

• Love 1

I thought for sure they would go with Chef and I because it would make for better television. Though I can't imagine that kind of restaurant being scaleable. I certainly don't want a chef blabbing at my all throughout my meal, and I doubt there are enough chefs across the country entertaining enough to make it work.

I thought for sure they would go with Chef and I because it would make for better television. Though I can't imagine that kind of restaurant being scaleable. I certainly don't want a chef blabbing at my all throughout my meal, and I doubt there are enough chefs across the country entertaining enough to make it work.

I figure that one was a nonstarter because they couldn't accommodate the concept in the "restaurant" facility they have.

Along those lines, it seemed to me that in prior seasons they were in some kind of actual storefront location. This season seems to be on a soundstage or similar facility, no?

Along those lines, it seemed to me that in prior seasons they were in some kind of actual storefront location. This season seems to be on a soundstage or similar facility, no?

Not sure if it's a soundstage, but it is a different space. They've also been willing to change it up when the restaurant needs it, as seen in the most recent BBQ episode.