Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Raising the Stakes

Me too, wish there was more discussion here.

The end credits said that since Joe started working with them, that Trevor had moved on to consult for another restaurant. No surprise there with how much Joe disliked him. But it makes me wonder... Joe said that part of the deal was as soon as they received the investment, Trevor would start taking a salary. Did Joe want this to happen so that he became an employee and didn't try to get a percentage of the business, so they could subsequently fire him? Seems like the sort of thing a very shrewd Joe would do.

The last line of that credit said, "Trevor and Vinny remain best friends to this day" which feels more like the end of a feel good docudrama.

I was hoping for more discussion as well ae2 ! It was so obvious how Trevor just irritated the living daylights out of Joe. While he was a little "Out there" he didn't seem as bad as some of the people who have crossed this stage. As Tim pointed out, Trevor did seem to keep Vinnie on point and reworked the very successful menu. Maybe there was more that we did not see? Either way, it was definitely the right deal for Vinnie -- when in NY you go with the known entity - and that would be Joe (much to Trevor's shock and dismay at the end.)

The food looked wonderful. I thought Trevor was over the top-when I go out to eat I'm not looking for a new best friend, so his tendency to chat up the customers would get a bit old to me. If I ever found myself in the neighborhood, I would try the restaurant.

• Love 1

I know that Trevor annoyed me, so I'm amazed Joe kept it so together.  He kept yammering about working unpaid...yeah,we get it.  You were a martyr for meat.  I also hate seeing hosts/hostesses being so over-the-top chatty & sitting with customers.  It's not your house, it's your business.  You can be welcoming without sitting in people's laps. 

I loved the small plates concept for the meat.  It's like a Brazilian Steakhouse, with all the different selections and tasting portions.  No complete commitment to a single cut.  

• Love 1

Um, HI MIKE from early Top Chef! I'm impressed and glad to see he's all grown up now with a wife and 3 kids but he still has that drunken slur and slacker vibe lol.

Joe can be suuch a jerk but it's why he's good TV and it's rarely without cause. Trevor really made me cringe too but I felt bad for him. I hope he truly did get a paying consulting job and is still on good terms w/ Vinnie.

Oh Antonia was so great in this episode. Super helpful and just owning her advisory role.

Edited by anonymiss

Oh Antonia was so great in this episode. Super helpful and just owning her advisory role.

Agree. She felt more on her own game this time and less, "Joe and Tim said you need to do this so you better do this." 

I was happy that Vinny and Trevor won the initial thing over poor stoner, grown--up Mikey, just for the anticipation of Joe stepping on Trevor.  He remains one of my most-hated, over-inflated ego, contestant of Hell's Kitchen (but it's quite a list).  I laughed and clapped my hands all the way through.  I'm glad for Vinny, though.  I don''t remember why he got booted from HK - but I think it was for screwing up the line when he was on meat?  Which he kind of did on this, too.