Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Rat Saw God

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Veronica is shocked when a dying Abel Koontz shows up asking for her help in finding his missing daughter before he dies. Meanwhile, Logan is reunited with his father when he his arrested for Felix's murder, and Keith waits for the results of the election."

I really like this episode. Even though it's got some super depressing undertones with Keith loosing the election and Wallace being gone. I like that Veronica is acting out of kindness to Able Koontz, that even though he kinda caused all the mess she had to deal with last season indirectly she still takes pity on him. I like that she lies to him in the end. I also shockingly liked her teaming up with Clarence. Watching Logan in the cell with Aaron is just creepy. The fact that Aaron is enough of a sociopath to think he's going to be able to make his son, who knows he's an ass with a quick temper, believe that Duncan killed his sister is so sick. Poor Logan forever.  

Poor Logan forever, indeed.  He strikes me as one of those perpetually tragic characters, in the same vein as Marissa Cooper from The O.C. (albeit with a much stronger acting ability).

I think I remember reading that part of the reason they wrote in the "Wallace leaving" story line was because they had budget constraints and needed to have a series regular sit out some episodes.  It's possible I dreamed that, though.  I don't like the episodes where Wallace is gone and Veronica is sad.

• Love 2

I don't like it when Wallace is gone, and I think you're right about the budget stuff. I believe I remember reading that as well. I do think there are some strong episodes while Wallace is gone but they always feel lonely as well. 

• Love 1

Teaming up with Clarence to help Abel is totally fun, especially in its complete switcheroo from last season. Cool to see how he investigates in a completely different style, and the two complement each other. Poor Abel, though; he did all that for nothing.

There were episodes in season 1 where Wallace didn't show up at all, or barely did. But having Veronica have to do the two-man con alone, and writing him emails late at night with no reply, really underscores how much he was there before even when he wasn't physically in the episode. :(

• Love 1

It was very interesting seeing Veronica team up with Clarence, I never would have believed it.  Very sad about Abel's daughter though, she should have stuck with Veronica.  Kindof surprised Wallace would just up and leave like that (story line reasons, not budgetary).

On 10/2/2019 at 8:41 PM, LeGrandElephant said:

Gia explicitly asks Veronica what she thinks of Dick, and Veronica doesn’t warn Gia that Dick has previously attempted to drug girls for date rape. 

Right? Are we just going to forget his attempted rape that was thwarted by Atkins?