Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Kiss

I thought this was a cute episode--more a lot of funny moments rather than one sustained funny ep, but I'm okay with that. I'm very suspicious of James, because those smiles are just a little TOO twinkly, but I adore Zachary Levi so I can't help but root for James and Ana. And their last kiss WAS pretty hot. I also love Mimi and Gael as Ana's BFFs; they all three play so well off each other. And the ghost subplot made me laugh out loud several times.

I'm still loving this show, and I hope it does well enough in the ratings to stick around a while. 

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 3

I love this show, it is so cute and campy in a fun way. The fire started by Ana 's wig ending with the telenovela carry was fabulous, but the best part was the two of them eating popcorn and watching the security cameras.

• Love 3

Hmm - I want to like this show so badly, but it's not quite there. I adore Eva Longoria and I'm thrilled she's doing a sitcom because she does comedy so well and isn't afraid to look silly and do pratfalls. The rest of the cast is splendid, but there just something missing I can't quite put my finger on. It's definitely better than Superstore, but that's damning with faint praise, and mainly because of Longoria. I think both shows have a similar problem with weak writing. 

I liked the joke about the three Joses. 

This show is sooo funny, mostly because it's over the top and embraces it. Of course, they have a lot of craziness to work from; I don't know people like that, but I know some people who come pretty darn close!

...The fire started by Ana 's wig ending with the telenovela carry was fabulous...

That was my favorite part! 

I think my favorite part was when the blonde co-star (whose name I haven't quite gotten yet) sings beautifully, Xavi is surprised she can sing and she pointedly goes, "That's because I don't talk about it all the time." Because yeah, that's definitely the character trait I've gotten from Xavi: the giant ego about his talent.

• Love 4

I think Xavi is gorgeous, but I just can't get into his character. He feels like an outsider and I know that's part of the plot but he doesn't fit in to me and I'd much rather see the other characters get plots and stories. I do love the BFF Circle. Gael is a great character (and super hot too) so I hope he continues to shine. And I know I keep sounding superficial, but Zachary Levi was looking hot too especially when he was wet at the end.

• Love 2