Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: A Bachelorette Party Walks Into a Bar

That episode description is kind of off -- because Justin kinda sorta indirectly set up Danny and Charlotte the single mom.

Having said that, having Whitney Cummings playing the single mom was pretty awesome, especially when she went off script and D'Elia commented about watching what she says so not to get them canceled .... for the 2nd time.

Shelley (to Charlotte): "You look like a sexy vampire. I'm going to call you Count Rackula"

Can't wait for the West Coast show.

The musical guest this week (Andrew McMahon) was good, but a little too low energy for this show.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

I really enjoyed that. It actually made me a little nostalgic for the end of the first season of "Whitney," when it actually started getting good, before they retooled it in the second season and it became worse than ever. It was a little weird that the subplot was her friend being engaged to someone who turned out to be gay--which is exactly what happened on "Whitney." A deliberate callback?

Another fun episode.

• Love 1

Once again the West Coast version was MUCH looser and funnier. 

Neither D'Elia nor Cummings pissed me off--that's a miracle in of itself (because you know... everytime they, for example, are together on @midnight, it's a really shit episode).  I think it helps to see them with writers (and better writers than the ones who worked on "Whitney").

Edited by Kromm

Once again the West Coast version was MUCH looser and funnier. 

Neither D'Elia nor Cummings pissed me off--that's a miracle in of itself (because you know... everytime they, for example, are together on @midnight, it's a really shit episode).  I think it helps to see them with writers (and better writers than the ones who worked on "Whitney").

It was definitely looser and funnier on the West Coast version.

Charlotte: "And what are you into ... I feel your sex life is a lot like Nic Cage's movie career. You'll do anything. And you kind of have Nic Cage's hairline."

Danny: "You know just because you post pictures of dogs on Instagram doesn't make you a good person."

Charlotte: "I would not piss me off 'cause I will get this show canceled too."

Watching Chris D'Elia trying to get back on script after that was pretty funny.

Charlotte: "Did you screw this up by telling that story about your mom and Pablo and Juan and all the other bus boys that she banged."

Justin: "Esteban was a waiter.  What, do you think you are better than him because you had a talk show that lasted a week."

Charlotte: "First of all it was 12 weeks, second of all does anyone want to make this day any worse, do you want to put on your Netflix special ?"

Brett:" Yep"

Charlotte: "Yeah, I mean it."

Charlotte: "Bye Susie. Nice job hipster Jesus".

The actress playing Susie was pretty hot.

I liked it when Bianca Kajlich did the Footloose dance in Danny/Justin's apartment.

• Love 1

I really don't know what it is, but somehow putting Whitney and Chris D'E together makes my visceral aversion to each of them increase dramatically. It's like he's almost bearable on this show, despite that he gives me the heaves everywhere else. And she's actually OK elsewhere, too. But together? Here or on the "Whitney" show, and it makes me skin crawl.

I actually like everyone else in the ensemble much more, and wish they were the leads instead.

Justin was lobbying hard for them to get together, so the "he disapproves" thing is just wrong. He disapproved of Danny bailing, and he disapproved of previous hook ups with other women. He wanted these two to get together and stay together. Didn't they say that explicitly? It's like the people who write the promos were just guessing about the story, based on past episodes.

• Love 1

Another hilarious episode. I'm so glad that they allow for some improv because this cast is quite good at it and keeps making each version of the episodes worth watching every week.

So is Whitney going to be on more episodes than this? I wouldn't mind it (but only as a recurring character).

The episode was funny despite Whitney Cummings, not because of her. I watched a few episodes of her sitcom when it was on. Chris D'Elia, if I recall, was the best thing about it. 

I like that they're having fun with the show. And if it turns into a bunch of stand-up comedians doing improv, I wouldn't mind. I think the cast really works well together.

Undateable's Twitter confirmed Whitney will be back for more episodes. I am cautiously looking forward to it. I think she's a better fit with this cast than Christa was.

That reminds me: I thought the East Coast version of her and Danny first meeting was a lot funnier.