Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Showdown At Standard Burger

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I can't believe Marcus ever partnered with that bunch of clowns.    And why he didn't dump them all after the Showdown followup is beyond understanding.     There was nothing unique about the burger menu after they got rid of the potato bar, and even though they apparently added it back, they burned enough bridges that the original location has now closed.     That whole business was a hostile work environment suit waiting to happen.    

Marcus is getting to the point he’s not investing to make money, he’s already got that. He’s investing (and possibly taking his money back) in the business that has a bunch of loons running it so he gets good ratings when we all tune in for the shitshow. :)

• Love 1

I think this week's first episode is the behind the scenes of Standard Burger.    I'm not watching if it is, because I can't stand anyone that works there, and still can't believe Marcus thought they could be nationally scaleable as franchises.      Just the hostile work environment exposed in both previous episodes at this place show it's run by fools, and a truly toxic environment.   

• Love 1

I did watch the BTS and even in hindsight he seems a bit blind to the personality problems there. He did end by saying they need a behind-the-scenes for the second episode as well.

What Marcus admits to getting wrong about Standard Burger is taking a burger joint on Staten Island and pricing it like downtown Manhattan. Marcus was talking about $3.50 ingredients and a 75% profit margin so that means the main target would have to be a $14 burger. 

Which all implies to me that he likely would have stuck out all the fighting if they were making money.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:07 AM, Amarsir said:

I did watch the BTS and even in hindsight he seems a bit blind to the personality problems there. He did end by saying they need a behind-the-scenes for the second episode as well.

What Marcus admits to getting wrong about Standard Burger is taking a burger joint on Staten Island and pricing it like downtown Manhattan. Marcus was talking about $3.50 ingredients and a 75% profit margin so that means the main target would have to be a $14 burger. 

Which all implies to me that he likely would have stuck out all the fighting if they were making money.

I live near Washington DC and to be honest, if I had seen a $14 price on a burger, I'd either order something else or go somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Biosynth said:

I live near Washington DC and to be honest, if I had seen a $14 price on a burger, I'd either order something else or go somewhere else.

Years ago - probably 20 years by now - I remember meeting some friends for lunch at a burger place in Midtown Manhattan, and it was $15+ for a burger and fries.