Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings and Scheduling

• Start Topic

Post about the Ratings &/or Scheduling of Hawaii Five-0 (2010) here!

I'm starting this topic because, at least from a standpoint of posting the schedules of when the TNT repeat eps air (for those who might be new to the show & wanna catch up, or veteran viewers who wanna catch a favorite repeat) or when CBS is pre-empting new eps of the show for holiday or other specials, I think it's maybe been needed for awhile.

TNT is airing *5* eps from S4, spread out over tomorrow morning (Sunday, November 29th) & Monday morning (November 30th). Each "block" of repeats starts at 3AM Eastern/2AM Central Time.

Late Tonight/Early Tomorrow (Sunday) Morning, TNT is airing:

3AM Eastern/2AM Central: The S4 Thanksgiving ep, with the 1st visit by Steve & Mary's Aunt Deb (Carol Burnett) & the COTW involving the murder of a Secret Service Agent just before the President visits Hawaii.

4AM Eastern/3AM Central: The Pearl Harbor episode.

5AM Eastern/4AM Central: Danny & Grace find a puzzle box, & then try to reunite it with its owner, while cleaning a local beach as part of a community service project by Grace's class/school; Chin's life is threatened when a case may involve a serial killer.

Late Tomorrow Night/Early Monday Morning, TNT is airing:

3AM Eastern/2AM Central: The "3 Men & a Baby" episode, where Steve, Danny & Chin unexpectedly have to take care of Steve's sister Mary's newly-adopted daughter, during a case, while Mary's hospitalized with food poisoning.

4AM Eastern/3AM Central: The episode where McGarrett &, his then-nemesis, Grover are forced by Governor Denning to serve an arrest warrant for non-payment of parking tickets on a genius teenage computer hacker, Ian Wright--the character's first appearance in the show; he recurs in the S4 Finale.

The 2 eps scheduled to air late Sunday night/early Monday morning may be inaccurate. They also were scheduled for, & aired, late *last* Sunday night/early *last* Monday morning.

UPDATE (for anyone who cares): It appears the schedule I got the information from was WRONG about the 3 eps that they said were scheduled for this morning (Sunday). When I changed my TV to TNT at 3AM Eastern, Law & Order came on (the same at 4AM Eastern). The schedule I used (TitanTV.com) showed H50 from 3 to 6AM Eastern, followed by, like, 6 hours of Law & Order between 6AM & 12 Noon Eastern.

Perhaps the 3 eps that were supposedly airing early this morning will air starting at 3AM Eastern tomorrow (Monday) morning, instead of the 2 eps the schedule shows as airing then, since both of them aired last Monday morning, with another ep, between 3 & 6AM Eastern (shrugs).

Edited by BW Manilowe

Looks like TNT has restored (or close to it) the old timeslot for the repeats of the previous seasons' episodes.

From 2-5AM Eastern late tonight/early Saturday morning, TNT is running the following eps:

2-3AM Eastern--Ep 412: The episode where Grover asks Steve to help him find an old friend involved in a crime (the guy who moved to Hawaii & started a new life, & family, there--not the guy from last season, played by Mykelti Williamson, who Grover thinks killed his wife by pushing/throwing/making her fall off of a cliff)

3-4AM Eastern--Ep 413: The first ep with Chin vs. the HPD Internal Affairs investigators who accuse him of using his position within HPD, specifically, to get his family members out of legal jams; also the ep where Chin's father is murdered by, it turns out, his then-girlfriend/eventual wife Malia's brother, Gabriel, who's 1 of the people the IA investigators accuse Chin of getting out of legal jams by using his position in HPD.

4-5AM Eastern--Ep 414: The ep which starts with Danny having to go see the Principal of Grace's school because she's been suspended for a few days after punching 1 of her classmates (I think in the mouth) & she won't give a good explanation of why she did it; then Steve & Danny end up kidnapped by a wrongly-convicted man who escaped the courtroom at his latest sentencing hearing because he's trying to clear his name & avoid what will probably be a life sentence as a repeat offender.

If anyone's still up that late tonight/that early in the morning, TNT's airing Eps 419-422, from 1-5AM Eastern/12 Midnight-4AM Central.

1AM Eastern: Ep 419--After Five-0 & Grover's SWAT team are called to a building on what proves to be a false crime deal report, Steve & Danny are trapped when the building collapses.

2AM Eastern: Ep 420--The murder of a pool cleaner leads Five-0 to a group of local college students who have been radicalized & are planning a jihad.

3AM Eastern: Ep 421--Catherine goes to Afghanistan to look for the son of a local family, who aided her while she was injured on a tour of duty in the area, after the son is apparently taken by the Taliban; Steve is almost beheaded by the Taliban while trying to help Catherine; when Steve is rescued by the military (presumably by fellow SEALs), instead of returning to the States with him Catherine remains in Afghanistan to continue looking for her friends' son & "to find herself"... breaking Steve's heart.

4AM Eastern: Ep 422--In the S4 Finale, Wo Fat escapes from the SuperMax prison on the Mainland where he's being detained; Grover is forced to assist teenage computer hacker Ian Wright in nefarious doings after Wright comes out of hiding (the Governor tasked Steve & Grover with serving an arrest warrant on him, for unpaid parking tickets, in a previous ep--a job which was unsuccessful & resulted in Wright causing all kinds of internet mayhem before going into hiding) & he kidnaps Grover's teenage daughter, Samantha, to ensure his assistance with Wright's plan. As a result of his complicity, Grover is removed as head of HPD's SWAT team; since he's now out of a job, Steve asks him to join Five-0.

Also... There's *no* H50 tonight (CBS is choosing to air 2 eps of Blue Bloods instead). But *tomorrow night*, at 8PM Eastern/7PM Central Time, CBS is repeating the S5 ep where Joe White--now a private security consultant--helps Five-0 with a prisoner transfer which results in the man's kidnaping & the weaponization of bees with a highly lethal flu strain; the bees are then supposed to be released to cause harm to the public & Joe & Five-0 must contain/destroy them before that can happen.

Edited by BW Manilowe

If anyone's around tonight & interested, there's a 2-hour block of H50 on CBS tonight, from 9-11PM Eastern/8-10PM Central Time (the 2nd hour is pre-empting Blue Bloods tonight).

At 9PM Eastern/8PM Central, CBS is showing Ep 520--ʻIke Hānau (Instinct). That's the ep where Grover is convinced, but cannot prove, that an old friend from Chicago killed his wife--by a fall off a cliff--during a vacation on Oʻahu.

At 10PM Eastern/9PM Central, CBS is showing Ep 517--Kukaʻawale (Stakeout). That's the ep which DDK directed, where Steve & Danny work on their partnership relationship issues while on a stakeout where they also have to deal with nosy neighbors.

The 10PM repeat leads nicely into the next new episode, Ep 611, Kuleana (One's Personal Sense of Responsibility), which airs next Friday, January 8th, & involves Steve & Danny continuing to work on their partnership relationship issues at a "Couples Counseling" retreat on Maui.

Late tonight/Early Saturday morning, TNT also plans to air a 2-hour block of S5 episodes. They're airing Eps 503 & 502 (in that order, which is backwards, & apparently completely skipping Ep 501, about the killer drones running amok on Oʻahu). The eps will air from 3-5AM Eastern/2-4AM Central Time.

At 3AM Eastern/2AM Central, TNT will air Ep 503--Kanalu Hope Loa (The Last Break). That's the ep about the 3 surfer girls who rob tourists, & end up murdering 1, because they'd rather spend all their time surfing instead of going to school, or engaging in legal & meaningful employment, to make something positive of themselves.

At 4AM Eastern/3AM Central, TNT will air Ep 502--Ka Makuakāne (Family Man). That's the ep where the young daughter of a Navy SEAL currently deployed in Afghanistan is mistakenly kidnapped by a man seeking revenge on the makers of a defective child's car seat which contributed to his young daughter's death in a car accident.

Fall 2017 :

NBC is bringing Taken

ABC the current Marvel series Inhumans then Agents of SHIELD

FOX in with The Exorcist

It looks like the networks all see the Friday at 9 as ripe for an action make over.

CBS has released their Fall 2017 Schedule within the last hour. We're still in the Friday at 9PM Eastern/8PM Central time slot, with Lenkov's MacGyver reboot still as our lead-in at 8PM Eastern/7PM Central & Blue Bloods still closing the night at 10PM Eastern/9PM Central.

If some/all aren't aware & you haven't lost power due to Hurricane Irma, unless CBS pre-empts it for coverage of Hurricane Irma, CBS is planning to air a repeat from S7 (I think) tonight (Sunday, September 10th) at 10PM Eastern/9PM Central time. Unfortunately it's up against the last half of Miss America, which starts at 9PM Eastern on ABC, & the opening week of Sunday Night Football on NBC, & I think an animated show on Fox.

It's the ep where a terrorist Steve helped detain at Guantanamo & sort of made friends with afterwards tells him there's supposed to be a terrorist attack on O'ahu/Honolulu & Five-0 has to stop it not knowing much more about it than that.

(edited)

FYI... CBS has switched around the H50 ep that's scheduled to air this week. Instead of Ep 802 they're airing Ep 803, which was supposed to air next Friday (& Ep 802 will now air next Friday).

The ep that was filmed as Ep 803 & will now air as Ep 802 is the ep where we meet the next new team member, former Navy SEAL Junior Reigns (played by Beulah Koale). So his onscreen introduction has been moved up a week (& airing the original Ep 802 a week late will now be a bit confusing because Beulah won't be in either the ep or the main credits in week 3 though he was in week 2).

It at least sort of makes sense to have Beulah's character introduced a week after we met Tani, the other new team member, & not have the week gap in their introductions as originally planned; but it's gonna be a little weird that he's in the show's "universe" for a week, then it's like he doesn't exist the next week, then he's back the week after & presumably in all the remaining eps this season.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add the source for the info in my post.
(edited)

If you haven’t heard yet, CBS has scheduled the 9th season finale for airing. It will air on Friday, May 17th, at Blue Bloods’ regular time of 10-11PM Eastern/Pacific, 9-10PM Central.  MacGyver‘s & Blue Bloods’ 3rd & 9th season finales, respectively, will air the week before, on Friday, May 10th, at those shows’ usual times.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add an apostrophe s to a word.
17 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Wished MacGyver aired over on Friday

It probably will....I think it's being held to mid-season, so it could still be on Friday when it comes back.

2 hours ago, illdoc said:

It probably will....I think it's being held to mid-season, so it could still be on Friday when it comes back.

MacGyver is being held until midseason. And yes, it could be back on Fridays when it returns. It just all depends on which night the first hourlong change comes in the CBS schedule & if they wanna put MacGyver there, or if they wanna move other things around on the schedule as well & put the show in 1 of those other changed timeslots—which also may or may not put it back on Fridays.

Don’t forget... What was originally to be the first hour of the series finale airs TONIGHT, March 27th, at the show’s usual time (9PM Eastern/8PM Central), thanks to the NCAA canceling the March Madness Men’s Division I Basketball Tournament!

The original second hour of the series finale will air, as originally scheduled, NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT, April 3rd, but in the show’s usual timeslot (9PM Eastern/8PM Central)—NOT in Blue Bloods’ 10PM Eastern/9PM Central timeslot as originally scheduled, when the finale was supposed to run 2 hours on the same night.

Soooo....  Now that my favorite show is ending, where can relive the glory days?  It isn't on Netflix or Amazon Prime.  I know I can get it on CBS All-Access, but I"m not exactly willing to shell out for yet another streaming service.  Has anyone heard of any plans for the past seasons availability anywhere?  What about syndication?

18 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Soooo....  Now that my favorite show is ending, where can relive the glory days?  It isn't on Netflix or Amazon Prime.  I know I can get it on CBS All-Access, but I"m not exactly willing to shell out for yet another streaming service.  Has anyone heard of any plans for the past seasons availability anywhere?  What about syndication?

It IS on Amazon Prime Video—all 10 seasons. It says so if you look the show up on the Amazon site.

2 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

It IS on Amazon Prime Video—all 10 seasons. It says so if you look the show up on the Amazon site.

Wait....  Is that new?  I know I looked a month or so ago, and it wasn't available except through subscription to CBS All-Access. 

Nope.  I checked again, and it is only available through Amazon Prime through a CBS All-Access subscription.  Shucks.  Maybe I will have to add another streaming service to my library, but this is getting ridiculous. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Wait....  Is that new?  I know I looked a month or so ago, and it wasn't available except through subscription to CBS All-Access. 

Nope.  I checked again, and it is only available through Amazon Prime through a CBS All-Access subscription.  Shucks.  Maybe I will have to add another streaming service to my library, but this is getting ridiculous. 

The way this looks to me is, you can get it through CBS All Access, OR buy the season, or buy the individual ep. Or am I misreading it?

https://smile.amazon.com/Pilot/dp/B005M5PER2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=hawaii+five-0&qid=1585775874&sr=8-3

Edited by BW Manilowe
Forgot the link.

That's the unfortunate conclusion I came to.  I'll have to pay to access the episodes beyond those available On Demand from Xfinity.  I hoped there would be some syndication plans out there, but if CBS is getting money from their All-Access subscriptions, I doubt they'll release it to syndication or for access through existing subs to Netflix or Amazon Prime.

It's early yet, maybe that will change.

Maybe I'll just have to get a CBS All-Access subscription.  Do they still run ads when accessed that way?

5 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

That's the unfortunate conclusion I came to.  I'll have to pay to access the episodes beyond those available On Demand from Xfinity.  I hoped there would be some syndication plans out there, but if CBS is getting money from their All-Access subscriptions, I doubt they'll release it to syndication or for access through existing subs to Netflix or Amazon Prime.

It's early yet, maybe that will change.

Maybe I'll just have to get a CBS All-Access subscription.  Do they still run ads when accessed that way?

I think you can get All-Access either with ads or ad-free (or maybe it’s with minimal ads or ad-free). I subscribed through my iTunes & I’m pretty sure I get no ads that way. You can also download the CBS app & subscribe through that, but I don’t think you can omit the commercials that way.