Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Lies

There's a part of me that fears that when Eli perked up after looking at Alicia, he was seeing her in a new light and that she should be the one to run for President...lord, help us all.

He did have that same look on his face when he came up with the idea for her to run for State's Attorney. Alan Cumming's non-verbal acting is superb. But, I don't think he'd be running her for Prez just yet. I wondered if he was realizing that Peter still loves Alicia (he rigged the election for her), and that perhaps she still loves him, which appears to be where that might be going, sexy sociopathic investigator aside. But that look definitely meant SOMETHING.

• Love 1

Eli used to be the comic relief. Then when he got so serious, his daughter was brought on to provide the needed humor. When they got bored with her, I guess the Kings chatted up Margo Martindale. The ongoing tiny office, knives out, elbows up routine wastes two good actors in lose-lose scenes.

This scenario with the intern videoing the interviews is just the most recent in a long long list of sophomoric treatments of racism in the office. The earliest one I remember is Carey mistreating black, female associates in the, was it, his DA office? Anyway, I can't recall what he did or didn't do but it was something procedural showing that only white staff reporting to him had any chance for advancement. Yawn!! I find the issue interesting but not how TGW has handled it so far.

I think that was Peter not Cary. But that was seemingly solved later because Peter's preferential treatment of Cary was not because of racism, but because of Cary's knowledge of Alicia and Peter's need to get back at Will. 

Am I the only one who absolutetly HATES the NSA story again? Not only it's stupid, is boring as hell. And I cannot believe just because she mentioned Snowden she can have her phone intervened. Don't they actually hear the context? So if I'm talking to a friend over the phone and say the party wa "da bomb" the NSA is inmediatetly going to target me as a potential terrorist? I don't buy it. I'd think they already have many legitemately suspicious people to track to waste time on random jokes. Plus, she's the governer's wife for God's sake!! 

I think that is the point of this plot. The Kings were absolutely trying to show (1) the power the NSA has because of the Patriot Act, now - I loved John Oliver's coverage of it, and having seen that, the above does not surprise me. (2) They were probably also trying to show that the revisions in the Act were not good enough.

There's a part of me that fears that when Eli perked up after looking at Alicia, he was seeing her in a new light and that she should be the one to run for President...lord, help us all.

I thought that was where the story was going too. I still do, actually.