Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Fight or Flight

Wick and Billy form an unlikely alliance.  Hap is targeted by federal agents who want Wick to help them.  Billy and Emma hope to bring down Hap with the help of his ex-wife.  Carla hatches a plan to expose Hap's secret affair.

(edited)

Looks like the drug-dealing food truck storyline has ended already, since Ada and Kess have packed up and moved back to Nigeria.  Hap is such a wanted man.  Everyone wants a piece of him:  Billy, Emma, Clifton, Carla, Wick, The Feds, Annie....................................speaking of Annie, I loved her!  Kinda classy but very sassy.  Loved how she sashayed into Hap's house and insulted the decorating, whom she thought was Carla's idea.  Also liked how she just walked up to Hap and casually kissed him on the cheek, despite having declared that she's coming after him just minutes before.  What little I saw of her in this episode was fun.  I'm just sorry she didn't show up sooner.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 2

Looks like the drug-dealing food truck storyline has ended already

Thankfully, it went nowhere and it just needed to end.

I'm just sorry she didn't show up sooner.

7 episodes was way too late, especially right before a long break.

• Love 3

What was the point of Ada and Kess? I feel like they introduced them, did practically nothing with the characters, and then got rid of them so quickly with no real resolution.

I felt momentum had been finally building in the last couple episodes, but I didn't feel it in this episode.  There were a lot of moments that I thought were supposed to be shocking or big moments, but a combination of the story going in 15 different directions and questionable acting just made them fall flat.

What was the point of Ada and Kess? I feel like they introduced them, did practically nothing with the characters, and then got rid of them so quickly with no real resolution.

It went nowhere.

I felt momentum had been finally building in the last couple episodes, but I didn't feel it in this episode.  There were a lot of moments that I thought were supposed to be shocking or big moments, but a combination of the story going in 15 different directions and questionable acting just made them fall flat.

It's problematic and it's why the drama doesn't work because the show is already moving on to the next one before it has any impact.

I had to LOL in the opening scene where Billy was reassuring Wick that Gary's "death" was never going to be traced back to them.... Oh Billy, you silly goo-goo! 

Jules kicking Wick out + writing him off after the she figured out the shit he has done towards Hap acting as if she is a better person.... That is really rich coming from the girl who won't stop sleeping with her boyfriend's dad.... I am thinking this show is more a "dramedy"....

Edited by OrientalAmish
  • Love 2

I had to LOL in the opening scene where Billy was reassuring Wick that Gary's "death" was never going to be traced back to them.... Oh Billy, you silly goo-goo!

Still consistently a moron, as if no one was going to eventually going to find a 'body' left around.

Jules kicking Wick out + writing him off after the she figured out the shit he has done towards Hap acting as if she is a better person.... That is really rich coming from the girl who won't stop sleeping with her boyfriend's dad.... I am thinking this show is more a "dramedy"....

Shouldn't have been so self righteous, then it wouldn't have come back at her when she got caught.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

Cody looked awfully good so soon after her ordeal and even her attacker looked downright peaceful in the hospital.

Must be a special hospital.

Pretty dull episode. Too much exposition.

Exactly and it's problematic considering it's episode 7 and they should've been past this by now.

Must be a special hospital.

Exactly and it's problematic considering it's episode 7 and they should've been past this by now.

Especially considering they have been cut to 10 episodes.

I just can't understand why so many people see so much potential with Billy. This is the guy who left $36,000 worth of loaded washing machines strewn across a random field.

Same here, they have to keep telling us that because what we actually have is a naive moron who constantly makes bad and stupid choices.

• Love 2

Same here, they have to keep telling us that because what we actually have is a naive moron who constantly makes bad and stupid choices.

Right? First TheOldCoot™, then his granddaughter -- WHY? Why does his granddaughter have any thoughts or feelings about him at all? And now Mrs. Ex-Hap!? What the hell? If it were that easy to get someone to invest millions of dollars in my ideas I'd be far better off than I am now.

• Love 2

Right? First TheOldCoot™, then his granddaughter -- WHY? Why does his granddaughter have any thoughts or feelings about him at all? And now Mrs. Ex-Hap!? What the hell? If it were that easy to get someone to invest millions of dollars in my ideas I'd be far better off than I am now.

Agreed, he's clearly not a good businessman at all.

Agreed, he's clearly not a good businessman at all.

He does appear to be highly skilled in getting people to invest in him.  I wonder if Hal was like that when he was starting out.  Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have the chops to back up his big words.

He does appear to be highly skilled in getting people to invest in him.  I wonder if Hal was like that when he was starting out.  Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have the chops to back up his big words.

That's more of a con artist territory.

• Love 1

That's more of a con artist territory.

That's what made me think he might have a lot in common with Hal.

But I could totally see him running a successful Ponzi scheme. With his hyper-sincerity.

That's what made me think he might have a lot in common with Hal.

But I could totally see him running a successful Ponzi scheme. With his hyper-sincerity.

That would've been better and it might've made the show more interesting.

• Love 1

Good Googly Moogly!

Though Hap may be this generation's(?) JR, or a facsimile, because let's face it, there is only ONE JR Ewin' and that was all Larry Hagman, even back when Dallas was a sleeper show and before he got shot.  But Billy? He ain't anywhere near close to bing Bobby Ewing, and that's what Cidre this show is trying to peddle and I'm not buying it.

Billy is beyond a moron. He's a nimrodic maroon.  And listening to Wick? of all people? by not calling the cops? UGH.

And forget about Jules' self-righteousness. It's Wick's I can't stand. As if he didn't try to kill Hap. He's such a fucking loser.

I love Annie! We needed her from the beginning.

And good GOD, is Amber what'sherface a horrid, horrid actress. Every line is monotone, one note and flat.