Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I definitely don't believe we will see a oliver/susan hook up. We will see him shirtless and get the tattoo just as she is looking at the pics of him with the tattoo and discovering who he is. 

When is this scene where we think he's gonna get the tattoo? 14? 

Because I find Oliver replacing a Dinah with a Canary Cry with a Dinah with a Canary Cry more believable than those two going 2 1/2 months after kissing without having sex, haha.

1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I read she wasn't in 513. But if you have different info I might be wrong.

I don't! I just thought she was filming right before the holidays - I thought they ended on 13, but I could be wrong about that.

• Love 2

Even if no hook up tonight on screen, it doesn't rule out 5.14 or 5.15 as sweeps episodes. I would think at least a before or after scene similar to Felicity/Billy in Nov sweeps. 

We were thinking the tattoo shows up tonight (12). SA said he has a shirtless scene that's not a workout scene.  Anatoly is in the hospital in fbs so maybe in conjunction with that?

39 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm seriously trying to wrap my head around what their endgame is for her character, if not to be super shady.

I suspect Rayporter is just the latest in a long line of We Don't Know What We're Doing characters. See: DJ Douchebag, the dude from Suburgatory as the campaign manager, etc. As poorly written as Isabel's story line was, there was a basic through line. Having the Rayporter not expose Oliver because of...tru wuv or whatever seems pointless unless she's sticking around (please no, just no.) 

It seems like they have some "brilliant" ideas at the beginning of the season, cast actors, then it all falls apart for a variety of reasons. I don't know if it's poor planning, higher up shenanigans, or just plain incompetence, but I'm not holding my breath that any of this will make sense or be worth it by 523.

• Love 15
46 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So...let's just say they are redeeming Susan. She finds out Oliver is GA and doesn't tell anyone because of her "genuine feelings." What next? Is Oliver just gonna date her for the rest of the season? Does she just go back to reporting on meaningless crap?

Well if Susan eventually grows feelings for him, Oliver still will find out about her investigation and likely break up with her thus making Susan a meaningless plot point we all had to suffer through for no reason whatsoever. This is why I need her to still be evil. And for Felicity to threaten her ass.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

Well if Susan eventually grows feelings for him, Oliver still will find out about her investigation and likely break up with he thus making Susan a meaningless plot point we all had to suffer through for no reason whatsoever. This is why I need her to still be evil. And for Felicity to threaten her ass.

And then the reporter is gonna rat Oliver and Felicity to the ACU. 

4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Well if Susan eventually grows feelings for him, Oliver still will find out about her investigation and likely break up with he thus making Susan a meaningless plot point we all had to suffer through for no reason whatsoever. This is why I need her to still be evil. And for Felicity to threaten her ass.

I'm just concerned he'll find out she was investigating him and be totally fine with it, especially if she doesn't say anything. Then I really will have lost all respect/tolerance for Oliver this season. He's just being so dumb.

So yeah, I need her to be shady. I don't mind if they make it look like she's good for a few episodes and then we find out she's not. That's fine. But this "I was investigating you but I won't say a word because I love you" kind of storyline is honestly terrible.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I suspect Rayporter is just the latest in a long line of We Don't Know What We're Doing characters. See: DJ Douchebag, the dude from Suburgatory as the campaign manager, etc. As poorly written as Isabel's story line was, there was a basic through line. Having the Rayporter not expose Oliver because of...tru wuv or whatever seems pointless unless she's sticking around (please no, just no.) 

It seems like they have some "brilliant" ideas at the beginning of the season, cast actors, then it all falls apart for a variety of reasons. I don't know if it's poor planning, higher up shenanigans, or just plain incompetence, but I'm not holding my breath that any of this will make sense or be worth it by 523.

Yeah, a lot of time they cast actors and don't know what to do with them or don't do enough with them (e.g. Jeri Ryan) .  But DJ Douchebag did have an arc until the actor/character failed on screen and so did the campaign manager because Oliver had not idea how to run for mayor and that was a major thing last season (Thea's love interests tend to be pretty bad though).

But unless Rayporter does something to justify her job, she's a complete waste of space.  The only thing she will have accomplished is to make Oliver look like even more of an idiot.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

I posted an interview with David Ramsey in Spoilers Only, where he mentions something about Dinah being susceptible to Prometheus. 

Ugh. I hope nothing comes of that, because it either makes Oliver and team look like idiots for bringing someone else onto the team when it was obvious that they shouldn't, or they'll go the way of her being v. strong and unable to be manipulated by him, which is also garbage. 

• Love 7

Clearly she - if you want to call a weak link - is the weak link only by virtue of her being the newest link and kind of unsettled... So if there's anyone who could be the most influential under Prometheus' power, it would be her... But we'll have to wait and see how that plays out. We're not going to see that immediately, if it does happen. Her first step will be a sincere adjustment to the team.

Hmmmm 

• Love 1

Haha. Yeah, they'll probably have an episode later in the season where Prometheus tries to get Tina on side and she'll be so badass and brave against him because she's just the best fighter ever and ever in the whole land! There's just no way they'll make this another Evelyn situation. 

I'm liking the sound of the Delicity scene though, where Diggle calls Felicity out. I thought maybe they'd forgotten those two were good friends. Haha, look at me, searching for crumbs.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6

TV Line: 

TVLINE | What is Diggle’s mindset now that he has been sprung, with regards to Walker? To deliver what is due the general?
I think so. And not just that, but he’s full throttle with the team now. We’ve seen “internal, sad Diggle” for long enough — but for good reason. It isn’t every day that your dead brother comes back to life, who you then kill! Also, there’s a direct line between his choice to trust Andy and the death of the Canary (played by Katie Cassidy). Theres a straight line there, so his grief and guilt was well-placed. But I think he’s on the other side of that now. Now it’s time to get back to business, and he does. It’s about getting Prometheus, and for this [week’s] episode particularly there’s a crisis in terms of what Felicity is doing. Diggle will call Felicity out on where she’s going, emotionally and morally.

TVLINE | With regards to the dark net and her new Helix buddies?
That’s correct. Who are they? Who are these people? Obviously that’s a running theme on our show, the team members helping others who can’t see through the fog. We have “blinders,” as Felicity called them when Oliver was helping Black Siren, trying to find redemption. That theme is repeated with Diggle and Felicity, as she taps into her dark side, the way John did last season, the way Oliver does every Wednesday, to try to find a way of gaining an edge for the team. Diggle is the one that calls her out on that, for good reason.

• Love 3

So you know what I realized bothers me about this whole "Rene tells a story and Susan decides Lance is good"? Shouldn't she have done her research before the interview (and before ever reporting anything about him) and found this out for herself? She shouldn't need this one random kid (in her eyes) to tell her about his past to realize Lance has done some good for the city.

29 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I posted an interview with David Ramsey in Spoilers Only, where he mentions something about Dinah being susceptible to Prometheus. 

Ugh. I hope nothing comes of that, because it either makes Oliver and team look like idiots for bringing someone else onto the team when it was obvious that they shouldn't, or they'll go the way of her being v. strong and unable to be manipulated by him, which is also garbage. 

If she does betray them, I'm going to be convinced this season is all about Oliver trusting the wrong people and he shouldn't talk to anyone who isn't one of the "core characters." 

20 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm liking the sound of the Delicity scene though, where Diggle calls Felicity out. I thought maybe they'd forgotten those two were good friends. Haha, look at me, searching for crumbs.

I refuse to get my hopes up because we thought we'd get Felicity and Diggle in a scene together in 511 and got nothing (and now WM is putting all credit on Chase for Diggle being out of prison). 

I'm worried we're going to get one short Delicity scene and then a whole bunch of Diggle and Tinah bonding. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Shouldn't she have done her research before the interview (and before ever reporting anything about him) and found this out for herself?

If she was a good reporter, yes. But she doesn't seem to be a good reporter. 

• Love 2

Why are they pushing Tina/Dig so much? Sigh. It's only going to make me bitter because Dig and Felicity couldn't even share a scene after she got him out of jail. And Felicity has been through a lot too but I guess she doesn't get a friend. At this point I would have been all for Oliver being Tina's BFF 24/7 and had Dig be there for Felicity.

• Love 2

Yikes. I'm at work and can't access it rn but that sounds beyond cringeworthy.

So do we think that's the way she's meant to play it or just the newest bird trying to increase her chances of becoming a regular by snagging the main LI role?

Just now, apinknightmare said:

I don't know if he was looking at her the whole time she was talking, but he did look at her at one point, haha.

He barely looks at anyone, so I can't really take that either way. It's a weird thing that Steve does that IMO made sense in S1, but makes zero sense now, and seems to be Steve rather than Oliver.

Tinah is not winning me over so far. I feel like it's weird she suggests (and how she suggests it) he just try to make nice with Anatoly when I doubt she knows anything really about that history. Even if they filled her in on Prometheus (as seems to be the case with the dialogue from the episode), I doubt she knows about Slade. 

And for some reason, I'm feeling the divide in the team in that scene, I think especially with Felicity and Rory together and then it looks like Diggle, Oliver and Tinah on the other side of the room and Curtis .. somewhere? 

Also, if this is what we're going to get from Tinah, then Felicity's line is going to make sense. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 8
Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yes. So weird, LOL. I'm hoping she doesn't plan to talk like that 24/7.

I wasn't planning on watching, but now I want to see how that whole thing goes down.

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Even if they filled her in on Prometheus (as seems to be the case with the dialogue from the episode)

I didn't rewatch or retain a whole lot from that ep, but didn't Oliver tell her about Prometheus when he revealed himself to her (like that he told him he ruined the lives of the people around him or whatever)? Or did I make that up.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I didn't rewatch or retain a whole lot from that ep, but didn't Oliver tell her about Prometheus when he revealed himself to her (like that he told him he ruined the lives of the people around him or whatever)? Or did I make that up.

Did he? I feel like I forgot most of the Oliver/Tinah convos from 511.