Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Game Over

Also, the case of Hiro's time travel: his father had the ability to see the outcome of every decision and his mother could bring things back to life... but Hiro can jump through and freeze time. So abilities are inherited but not necessarily the same. Same with Elle Bishop (God, I love and miss her) who was a human Tazer while her father could turn items to solid gold. On the flip side is Peter Petrelli, who inherited a power kind of like his father's, only he mimicked other powers rather than absorbing them and removing them from the original host, but didn't inherit his mom's powers.

Have we had confirmation that Luke's kid had a power? He clearly had some sort of sun or light allergy, judging from the get-up he was wearing in the flashbacks. I'm expecting more angst from Luke when he realizes that his kid's sun/light issue was likely caused by his solar abilities. On the upside, if used right, I guess Luke could just cover a new house in solar panels, light it up in the backyard, and never have to pay another power bill.

The shoot-out was stupid -- "They're coming through that door, but don't shoot them until they get a strategically better position ab we have to run away."  Brilliant.

If Hiro and HRG come close to "fixing things", the past 6 episodes will be meaningless.  If they don't, the episodes where they try will be meaningless.  YAY!

Hiro did tell Noah not to step on any butterflies, but that could be referring to going beyond their mission parameters. 

It's a reference to a Ray Bradbury story "A Gun For Dinosaur".  Trophy hunters are sent back in time to shoot dinosaurs that would be dying soon anyway, but are told not to change anything else.  One of the hunters steps on a butterfly...

• Love 1

It's a reference to a Ray Bradbury story "A Gun For Dinosaur".  Trophy hunters are sent back in time to shoot dinosaurs that would be dying soon anyway, but are told not to change anything else.  One of the hunters steps on a butterfly...

The Bradbury story with the butterfly is "A Sound of Thunder". "A Gun For Dinosaur" (by L. Sprague de Camp) is a different time-traveling dinosaur safari story. :)

• Love 1

If Hiro and HRG come close to "fixing things", the past 6 episodes will be meaningless.  If they don't, the episodes where they try will be meaningless.  YAY!

Agreed, either way is bad, either a retcon or an even bigger waste of time.

The Bradbury story with the butterfly is "A Sound of Thunder". "A Gun For Dinosaur" (by L. Sprague de Camp) is a different time-traveling dinosaur safari story. :)

I always get the two confused!  I guess if you've read one time-travelling dinosaur hunt story, you've read them all!  LOL

• Love 1

Just a question and they may have covered this on the actual show and I missed it but: What happened to Lyle? I know HRG is all about his Claire-Bear. I knew that from the first go-around and it's just as bad this time. But did he mind-wipe himself to forget that he also has a son? No one ever cares about Lyle, do they? Did he die at the Odessa explosion too? Did he disappear with HRG's ex-wife? Poor Lyle. No one seems to care about the poor kid. (Okay, I guess that was a few questions.)

Lyle disappeared (and presumably went) with Sandra and Mr. Muggles; he wasn't seen after Season 3.  The actor, like Molly's original actress, is currently in college.  Given that the most memorable scene he was ever in was the one in which Claire exclaimed, "He stapled me!", it's entirely impossible that HRG forgot about him.

Lyle disappeared (and presumably went) with Sandra and Mr. Muggles; he wasn't seen after Season 3.  The actor, like Molly's original actress, is currently in college.  Given that the most memorable scene he was ever in was the one in which Claire exclaimed, "He stapled me!", it's entirely impossible that HRG forgot about him.

I think Lyle has a power, actually. He could see the future. I mean, in the first season he was going to take the video of Claire jumping off the big structure in Odessa and popping her bones back into place and he was going to put it up on Youtube and make a bunch of money. Claire's friend explained that Youtube was free and you didn't make money on it. You can now. If that's not seeing the future, I don't know what is. He totally saw the winning numbers for the Powerball and he and Mr. Muggles are living it up. 

• Love 4

He's in the AU of lost plot holes along with Caitlyn, forgotten and unresolved.

Am I the only one still shaky on what exactly Malinas gift IS? We have seen her grow plants, bring a hoard of butterflies to life, telekinetically raise Luke out of the water (Or was that some kind of wind control?) and whatever the balls she was doing with the Aurora Borealis. Is she some kind of 'grab bag?'

I think her gift is supposed to be "nature", which keeps it flexible and ambiguous at the same time.  She created wind at the warehouse the previous episode as well.

I'm glad the plot is moving forward somewhat, so this one was a little better. 

Talk about hokey with the teenage girl in the role of Uncle Ben "with great power comes great responsibility".   I've mostly enjoyed the teenage boy's story though this one was an exception.

I can't say I cared too much for Quinton, but I hated to see him being killed off anyway.  One of the things about the old "Heroes" that I hated was not bothering to emotionally connect to any character since they'd be cannon fodder sooner or later.  There's no payoff with no "wins" for the "good guys".  I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching the webisodes then.

The Katana girl stuff was not worth it for so many episodes, but having Hiro be at the end of it was sort of interesting.  Glad to see him again.  He looks a lot older though so this loses some of the youthful energy of the character.  Why would that Japanese boy know how to get out of the building?  I guess I should just be glad he wasn't murdered as well.

It's hard to take this corporation seriously when the daughter can walk into the mom's office and download any file she wants.

Noah didn't aim for the head when the triplets of doom came towards him last episode?  Yeah, right.