Type keyword(s) to search

Life is Strange

Kalliste
  • Start Topic

I started playing Life is Strange yesterday and I'm pretty much hooked already. The game happens over 5 episodes (1 - 4 are available currently with 5 expected to be released in a week or so) about a girl called Max who finds she has the power to reverse time and has to save her town from tragedy.

The neat thing about the game is that you have to make decisions and the things you decide change what happens in the game, having the ability to rewind and try again is interesting because you never know which answer is the right answer and I find myself second guessing myself a bit.

On a laptop I find the controls a bit clunky but I'm sure if I actually plugged in a mouse it would be a whole lot easier.

The visuals are great, the entire game is so beautiful and I also really enjoy the music too. 

Anyone else playing it? What do you think?

Yep! I mentioned playing the first episode on the modern consoles thread back in January. The dialogue is sometimes a little clunky (and the dialogue animations are uniformly horrible – in later episodes I think they've realized this and don't put the characters' mouths in frame while talking as much anymore), and it can sometimes veer a little into the melodramatic, but I'm so sold on the characters and the aesthetic that the flaws just make me love it even more. Very excited for ep 5 next week.

Yes, you're quite right about the animation to voice stuff.. it's pretty terrible, I just try not to think about it.

I finished episode 3 yesterday so I'm planning on finishing 4 over the weekend, primed for 5 next week!

Yes! I can't wait for the final episode this week.  The choices you have to make can be so brutal, and sometimes you really don't know how it will affect things further on.  The entire game I was pretty nice to

Kate, and tried my best to befriend her, and I missed several clues before her suicide attempt. She still jumped, and I felt so horrible about my failures!

I immediately created a separate save slot and playthrough to correct that!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the finale and I hope it delivers a satisfying conclusion to the main mystery and plot points.

Edited by Matteo

I

didn't save Kate and felt pretty bad about it too

.. granted in the end I killed nearly everyone :P

Have you started/finished episode 5 yet? There is a lot of criticism on how it ended. I didn't mind it though.

The ending was some bullshit. 

Out of curiosity what didn't you like about the ending? I just finished the game today and still need to think about it. I felt it was fairly obvious early on that this game would not have a 'Golden Ending'. My issue with the ending is that on one hand the town is destroyed and most if not all of the people you spent five days helping are dead, or you change the timeline and most if not all of your actions over the five days don't happen. Typing that out I guess I can see how that could be seen as bullshit. I disagree, but I can see it.

Out of curiosity what didn't you like about the ending? I just finished the game today and still need to think about it. I felt it was fairly obvious early on that this game would not have a 'Golden Ending'. My issue with the ending is that on one hand the town is destroyed and most if not all of the people you spent five days helping are dead, or you change the timeline and most if not all of your actions over the five days don't happen. Typing that out I guess I can see how that could be seen as bullshit. I disagree, but I can see it.

I probably shouldn't have said the ending but more the entire last chapter.  I don't think I'm a fan of overly weird and that stealth part near the end really pissed me off because I found it so tedious.  I was really frustrated when I typed that.

The final decision didn't bother me because I had accepted Chloe wasn't meant to be alive by episode 2 but I do understand people's anger at it.  Honestly, the final choice was the only thing I liked about the last episode.

Life is Strange: Inside Out

I'm really impressed by how much they've increased the production values.  The animations as much more fluid than in the previous entries.