Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Fires Of Heaven

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

As to the question whether Dynasty was any good: I loved that show as a teenager. But I (and some members of my family) watched it as a comedy. It was much, much funnier than many a supposed comedy series was. It was completely, outrageously, over the top unrealistic in every possible way. You couldn't parody it, it was its own parody. Just like Empire, it was based on the premise that large companies (in the case of Dynasty, oil companies) are run by people who are all, in some convoluted way, related to each other, or married to each other, or sleeping with each other, or have slept with each other in the past, and who all have bitter feuds amongst them (which in the next episode can equally well turn into alliances), and that's what business decisions are based on. Just as in Empire, nobody is ever seen doing any of the boring stuff that real people running real businesses do most of their working day. They even had the homophobic patriarch who can't accept his gay son.

If you've never seen it, you really only need to look at the opening titles. Here a clip of those on Youtube: https://youtu.be/AVu01ShJ5qA . If you just watch those 1:42 minutes, you'll get a pretty good idea of what the rest of the show was like, I think.

Edited by SailingBy

Finally caught up with this episode.  Cookie going all Debbie Allen with Mirage a Trois (which is only slightly better than Rainbow Sensation) and saying she learned all of that in prison was worth the episode.

Oh Pitbull.  For every 5 songs you show up on, one turns out to be good.  Thank God this was one of them. 

• Love 1

Finally caught up with this episode.  Cookie going all Debbie Allen with Mirage a Trois (which is only slightly better than Rainbow Sensation) and saying she learned all of that in prison was worth the episode.

Oh Pitbull.  For every 5 songs you show up on, one turns out to be good.  Thank God this was one of them. 

I really loved the Debbie Allen homage. I was a big Fame fan. "You have big dreams...you want fame...well, fame costs...and right here  (bangbangbang) is where you start paying...in sweat..."

I liked the Pitbull cameo. They're upping the Latino quotient this season. I like the diversity.

• Love 2