Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Haunted House

I just caught up with this show, and I think the tone was still slightly off.  I feel like they're going for an Airplane/Naked Gun-style absurdity at some points but it just doesn't land consistently.  I don't feel like it's the cast, either, because they're almost there sometimes.  It's like they don't go quite...exaggerated enough.  It's weird, but I'm digging the plot thus far.  It's definitely improving, though, and I'm curious to see where it goes.  

Speaking of the mysteries...I'm guessing that the baby is Chanel.  So far the killer is helping her out, taking out potential and actual rivals.  I'm also going to guess that the lead character will wind up her half-sister somehow.

I'm over the 80s music.  Seems like something they think is clever, or a shortcut to humor, and it doesn't work for me at all.

Totally missed that the opening was a Taylor Swift parody, and now I feel old.  

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 2

I love the Matthew McConaughey impression. It was pretty spot on and the 'which library' scene was pretty neat.

I think I liked this episode the most so far, probably because Chanel #1 wasn't so annoying!

I thought it was kind of obvious to think that Grace was the bathtub baby and wondered why no one thought it earlier. Although the 'no birth certificate' reasoning is stupid.. how would she have gotten anywhere in life without one.

The Chanel as the baby theory is an interesting one. Do we think she knows it is her or is unaware? And if it is her, who are her parents?

• Love 1

I'm positive that one of the Chanels is in on it because of the manner of #2's death. #2 cooked her goose by saying she wouldn't go along with the secret. She said she wouldn't be able to keep quiet and I think that's when one of the Chanels sent a text to the other killer. I lean towards it being #5 because she seems the most upset about the pledges and she seemed very jitterywhen she realized that Grace was snooping.

Agree that one of the Chanels is likely in on everything, especially since #2's body was stolen from their hiding place in the freezer. Of course the killer could have snuck in, but the whole thing reeks of some inside involvement. That, or knowing RM it's all a red herring. My bet is also on #5 though. There's definitely something up with her, and unless I missed it we really haven't gotten her back story yet.
  • Love 1

The Chanel as the baby theory is an interesting one. Do we think she knows it is her or is unaware? And if it is her, who are her parents?

I hadn't thought it through really.  Lol.  I would guess she's unaware, I'm also guessing the dad is involved somehow, though he doesn't seem to recognize the sorority lady (I'm horrible with names, apparently).  It's just a thought- and that's why I think I'll love this show by the end, the guessing is fun and the clues don't seem too...bullshit-ty, yet.

I hadn't thought it through really.  Lol.  I would guess she's unaware, I'm also guessing the dad is involved somehow, though he doesn't seem to recognize the sorority lady (I'm horrible with names, apparently).  It's just a thought- and that's why I think I'll love this show by the end, the guessing is fun and the clues don't seem too...bullshit-ty, yet.

Although I do think Chanel is the baby, I don't think Grace's dad is involved at all, I think he's in the show as a distraction and a way for us to suspect somebody innocent, the girl in the bathtub said she didn't even know she was pregnant, if she didn't know then how would the baby daddy? This is just my theory though, I think Chanel's mother is the successful one that went on to be a Fox reporter but who knows? Can't wait for next weeks episode!

• Love 1

I was confused, as well. Taylor Swift does that?

The part about personal gain made me laugh, too, because it reminded me of anyone who does giveaways on TV or online, when they're trying to sell something, or gain new followers/book sales/viewers, etc.

This. It worked for me without the Taylor Swift angle (I had never seen or heard of Swiftmas) because I follow a few fashion bloggers, one of whom is regularly shitty to anyone who doesn't kiss her ass. I had her in mind when I saw the opening and thought damn, this is brilliant!

I need Zayday and the British guy to get it on asap.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 1