Type keyword(s) to search

Season Ten: Up, Up and Just Go Away.

BkWurm1

Season ten.  We have reached the end.  And we are weary.

Starting on the positive side, Hawkman returned and was growly and wonderful.  Lionel Luthor of the Magnificent Bastard variety returned in the back half of the season and even though they had to pluck him out of another universe, his arrival was most welcome.   Lois got a personality transplant which works great if you bleach out of your brain the previous six years of characterization.  Along the same line, Tess was awesome this season.  All that was required was to forget that in season eight and nine she was a homicidal lunatic with delusions of Clark’s godhood and bent on saving the planet at the expense of its population.  But set that aside.  We’re all friends now.

Of course, the reason WHY Tess was suddenly transferred to the winning side of the team was the gaping hole left by Chloe when she vanished so she could later save everyone’s butts.  You’re welcome. 

(After the way the show mistreated Allison Mack’s character in season nine, I did not begrudge her refusal to come back for a full season. I’ve been told that she was able to use the Legendary Women commercial created and aired by her fans to leverage a fair number for her return.  That pleases me.  )

Chloe's absence was felt.  Oliver did though keep the flame burning while she was away, but part of that flame included him being a burning idiot that myopically decided that Chloe leaving was because of his secret. 

Sigh.  That so is not what happened. 

The only reason Chloe was able to trade herself for the Jolly Green Archer was because HER secrets as Watchtower were way more interesting to the kidnappers than Oliver’s.  We find later that her reasons for staying away had zero to do with the demands of the lifestyle but possibly a lot to do with having seen the Matrix too many times. 

When Chloe returns, she reconnects with her roots while at the same time embracing the bad ass hero she’d become in her own right.  For that, I can’t hate season ten.  For a bunch of other stuff I can. 

Most of the “other stuff” has to do with Clark and Lois’s “epic” romance.  It makes me incredibly weary to know that the same pairing that I obsessed over since I was a kid watching the Christopher Reeves’ Superman was reduced to Clark picking Lois because he was guaranteed she wouldn’t think he had alien cooties.  Interestingly, the same Brainiac 5 that promised Lois would not rat him out, also convinced him his past was holding him back -  but by the final episode we find out that the past is what he needed to embrace in order to rise up and save the world - so I’m just saying, future robot dude is already only about 50/50 in the advice giving. 

Not sure Clark's mom would even be talking to him if that whole end of the world thing hadn't rallied everyone.  I mean that land had only been in the Kent family for how many generations?  Ground him Martha.  He is NOT too old. 

Actually, he is WAAAY too old since he, Tom Welling was headed toward forty around the same time Clark was still looking at 25. 

Other highlights of the year included a fantastic set up for why Lex would always try to defeat Superman but never reveal his secrets…except for the part where beep! gets beep! and as she beep! she beep! Lex’s beep!  #Missedplots 

Season ten also saw the return of Bo Duke.  He haunted both the farm and the fortress and I think photo bombed the Lane-Kent wedding which ended when Oliver made all about himself.  The diva. 

As soon as the ‘lil problem with Darkseide was solved, Lois and Clark immediately rushed out and got  married and…oh, I just can’t keep a straight face.  That seven years is the gift I never knew I wanted.

Oh and Kara came back and basically was already way better than Clark at the whole being super and saving the world thing but the menfolk of the future made her switch centuries so Clark could do it instead. 

Come to think of it, season ten had an awful lot of other heroes taking a step back and letting Clark do it instead.  Just like a big boy!

I’m going to leave it there and simply apologize for this intro not being terribly witty.  My Post Traumatic Smallville Disorder is flaring up again.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I CURSED John Williams in the finale. CURSED him, I say, because the moment I heard the music from Reeves' Superman, I melted into a pile of goo, and the chills were running up and down my body. Never mind the FACT that Clark didn't earn it.

And then I RAGED, raged, and ranted and bitched over how Jor-El wasn't this evil sentient being these past 10 years, killing and murdering other people/innocents, and manipulating Clark. No, Clark just had to dig deep inside himself and what was it he had to do again? And Jor-El was all of a sudden, this gentle, nice, Marlon Brando's Jor-El Wannabe.

Just like Doomsday, Darkseid was a MAJOR FUCKING FAIL. I predicted it for the former and the latter, and the latter was even lamer. I still say it might have been saved if they could have gotten Michael Ironside to voice him!  So what if he had already played General Sam Lane?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

I CURSED John Williams in the finale. CURSED him, I say, because the moment I heard the music from Reeves' Superman, I melted into a pile of goo, and the chills were running up and down my body. Never mind the FACT that Clark didn't earn it.

And then he STILL wasn't ever seen in the costume. Those horns made me upset he wasn't in the costume because those horns told me Superman was about to save the day but then the show ended and I remembered Clark didn't deserve the horns or the costume or the praise or the title of hero.

• Love 2

And then he STILL wasn't ever seen in the costume. Those horns made me upset he wasn't in the costume because those horns told me Superman was about to save the day but then the show ended and I remembered Clark didn't deserve the horns or the costume or the praise or the title of hero.

Yeah. All we got was some CGI of Supes, and then a headshot of Welling's "Superman" as Lois looked out the airplane window.

But yeah. With all the years he spent moping over Lana, and whining about not wanting to help, being manipulated into helping, (don't get me started on the Operation Hug Zod clusterfuck), and Ollie, Bart, Victor, Dinah, and what was Aqua's name here? Was it Arthur? looking up to him and praising him as TEH LEADER. 

Blech.

That said, I still want Welling to show up as Supes on The Flash.

• Love 2

Arthur Curry but they called him AC.

The only reason any of them would let him be leader is the "because comics" reason. And even that doesn't hold since Batman was more often the leading voice everyone was listening to. Let's hope for the sake of SV's JL that Chloe makes introductions to the Billionaire with the gadgets very soon.

As for any of the Smallville alum showing up on any of my current shows...I'd adore it to pieces.

Scratch that. Anyone BUT Erica Duance. Maybe if she was a villain and definitely if a barn door actually fell on her character. Guess I'm still carrying a grudge. :p

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Arthur Curry but they called him AC.

As for any of the Smallville alum showing up on any of my current shows...I'd adore it to pieces.

Scratch that. Anyone BUT Erica Duance. Maybe if she was a villain and definitely if a barn door actually fell on her character. Guess I'm still carrying a grudge. :p

Agree! Hell, Allison can show up as Power Girl, for whom she provided her voice talents in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies. Michael can come back as Lex. (Why not?).

I mean, did you ever see this?

Nothing to do with this show, but it's FUNNY!!!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Hee! No I've never seen that before. It might have been the best thing ever. I was already dead when NF pulled the hammer from his pants, but the superhero jammies and to top it all off, Lex/Flash? So awesome.

• Love 1

The whole reason I watched the finale was the faint hope I carried with me, through all the seasons of Lanaville crap, that we were finally finally FINALLY going to see Tom Welling wear the super suit.

But OH NO.

Smallville couldn't even let us have THAT.

I too cursed John Williams for making the last five minutes of the series finale better than the entire 10 years we wasted with this show.

• Love 1

I know a lot of people didn't like Lois, but I think the show got the iconic couple right in the final season when Lois knew everything about Clark and they were finally in a relationship.

I will agree that they started writing her a lot better in season ten.  ED also seemed to abandon the shrill tendency that she'd brought the character in previous seasons as well.  They seemed much warmer toward each other. BUT!!!!!

To achieve the new characterization they had to abandon the previous years of history and so yeah, I found it all very fakey.  They retconned the whole character half the time. 

My other objection was that I strongly disagreed with the place season ten seemed to decide Lois should fill in his life.  Instead of making Lois and Clark partners, they made her his cheerleader, blindly assuming that he would always be fine and would know best and if he wanted to include her fine, and if he didn't, fine.  She just didn't seem to care one way or the other.  She also had this hands off kind of faith that because she just assumed he'd be fine made her come off as naïve and foolish rather than loyal or trusting. 

And it all built to the final episodes where it turns out she views him as perfect and a god and that any normalish kind of life was a waste of his time. 

The Lois Lane I wanted knew the guy was still just a man at heart and supported him by sticking her neck out for him, not just sitting back and waiting and she would demand to be kept in the loop with what is important and know her value to him.  They way they wrote Lois in season ten was a huge let down.  It's like they were writing to that segment of the fan base that objected to anyone helping Superman.  Lois's biggest plus to Clark seemed to be she wouldn't get in his way or expect much from him. 

I just felt that intentionally or not, they wrote both Lois and Clark as being in love with an idea of the person rather than the real person.  He'd already done that with Lana and it was like they were diving right back in with Lois.  Clark had all these lovely things to say about Lois in his vows that just plain didn't apply to Lois and vice versa.   The characterization was a mess, IMO. 

I had no idea why either of these two people were together.  My only explanation was that Clark was clinging to his guarantee from the future and Lois assumed he was perfect.  Both were destined to be disappoint when reality finally intruded. 

• Love 1

And let's not forget--in this universe, Lois was second choice. The only reason he looked toward her was because Lana was toxic and poisonous to him--literally. He didn't end things with her. He couldn't be with her, because she was a Kryptonite laden bomb. Being with Lana would have killed him.

So no, I didn't buy their love or their relationship.

Dana Delaney's portrayal in Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited was more believable.

• Love 1

Aaaand I was up until 8:00 this morning, watching the ENTIRE final season. Yes, I was up for over 25 hours. Fell asleep around 9:30 and woke up mid-afternoon.

And I have to commend Allison Mack for being willing to return to this show, after they totally shit upon Chloe.  The episodes that didn't feature her, really suffered.

I can't wrap my brain around nor do I recognize the Lois that is featured in this final season. Because, as much as I loathe her, and her arrogance, obnoxiousness, etc., that was her character for the past five seasons, NONE of what made her Lois on this show, was visible. Like a totally different character.

If I thought "Doomsday" was a big giant fail, Souders and Peterson's vision of Darkseid was downright pathetic. For most of the season it's "darkness this, and darkness that, and the worst kind of darkness is coming" to the point where I was wondering are they not allowed to say Darkseid?! And then Clark or someone else finally say it, and then he's "gone" until the finale. Insulting.

It was good to see Glover again as the other Lionel, though I have to wonder and I don't recall thinking it at the time of its original run, that Glover looked...ill.

Just as Welling and Mack are magic together, I love scenes with Welling and Schneider. I don't know what it is, but they are able to make me believe they actually are father and son, because I was tearing up in "Lazurus", "Kent", and of course, "Finale."

I was cheering what Chloe said to Lois, after Lois decided it was selfish to marry Clark, because OMG! The times that he actually needs to rest of have some downtime so he can save people, why, it's time he can be out there saving people! As if he's some machine. Glad that Chloe said he's not God, and needs to rest and have a life of his own, so that he can be the hero as well. And Chloe is like the best friend EVER! Realizing something was up and knocked the ring from Lois's hand.

I also loved how Martha ripped into Clark for selling the house. BDA reared its ugly head again.  Which made me wonder, when he "came to his senses" in the last minute, did he change his mind and keep the farm house after all?

Totally forgot that Lucas Gabreel, who played Alexander, turned out to be Connor! I remember the excitement over on TWoP, when that reveal happened!

I hated this final season. I wanted to snatch Cat's hair bald; her voice was like nails on a chalkboard, and made me wonder what made Tess hire her in the first place.

It was soooooo good to see Rosenbaum again in the finale. I know a lot of folks said that bald cap he wore was "obvious" but not to me.  And those scenes with Clark and Lex were the BEST of the finale. Gone was the one note Lex that left in Season seven.

Callum Blue looks really hawt with that beard he had going in the Phantom Zone. And oh myyyy...Clark with messy, sweaty hair falling over his forehead and all bloody. Just call me a big giant puddle of goo.

I'd also forgotten that Tess died.  And that thing she did to Lex? He has NO Memories of who he is? I know we all called Bullshit and foul! about that.  And my fan wank is that that was the REAL Lex, who didn't die in the explosion. But was on life support. He just needed a heart transplant.  And I'm going with the only memory loss that stuck was his knowing who Clark was. All the other memories came back.

For such a formidable enemy that Darkseid is, (remember, I've watched Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, Clark was able to defeat him by just pushing through Lionel's body?! Riiiiight.

And of course, hearing John Williams's music at the end.  DAMN you, show! Because this show's Clark didn't earn it.

And no interviews with Welling, Mack or Rosenbaum???!!! in either of the interviews? Blah, blah, blah, I don't give a shit what Souders and Peterson were thinking when they did "Homecoming." Yet, we see Marsters, Donella (who played bugboy), Durance, all the producers, etc., talking about this episode, which was yet another twist of "it's a wonderful life" for Clark; and not a single interview about Rosenbaum's return in the finale with Rosenbaum and Welling.

The idiots who were responsible for putting together these features for this show really SUCK. This is the ONLY show, where you hardly have any interviews with its two main stars.

Hell, I got to hear more of what Rosenbaum and Welling thought about playing Lex and Clark in the Christopher Reeve's Superman special feature! Too bad they never got Gene Hackman to do a cameo.  Rosenbaum had hoped they would/could.

And now I've got Superman on the brain and am watching my animated series.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

I'm reading your review going, uh huh, uh huh, yep, yeah, that's what I remember too.  (Except Lionel looking ill - maybe a bit older and thinner?  He's not ill now so that's good at least.)

I was so happy when Lionel showed up.  I had MISSED his pure bastardlyness.  He was soooo good at being evil.  Of course he slipped between worlds. 

I can't wrap my brain around nor do I recognize the Lois that is featured in this final season. Because, as much as I loathe her, and her arrogance, obnoxiousness, etc., that was her character for the past five seasons, NONE of what made her Lois on this show, was visible. Like a totally different character.

So much this.  I still didn't like the characterization of Lois in season ten with how she viewed Clark and his abilities and that he was a god and how she was fine just letting him do his thing in deciding if he wanted to let her know what was going on or not but her manner of speaking and reacting was drastically different to the point that had she always been like that, I might have not come to hate her so much. 

Clearly someone over the summer sat her down and told her to lose the shrill tones and tone down the arrogant attitude for that character.  Yeah, totally different.  She was retconned right along with her history as a journalist.  

For such a formidable enemy that Darkseid is, (remember, I've watched Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, Clark was able to defeat him by just pushing through Lionel's body?! Riiiiight

He also had to move a planet, but no bigs once people started believing in him. 

Poor Tess.  She was also a totally different character this season but I'd stopped caring by then and just enjoyed Tess 2.0.  The show wiping Lex's mind was such a huge copout.  Poof.  Nothing Clark and Lex ever did together means anything.  And they'd already set up a reason why Lex wouldn't ever tell anyone Clark's secret with the Ying Yang thing.  But nope, that would be too original for Sounders and Peterson.  Huge missed chance.

Chloe was more than a little bit awesome during the time she was around.  Oliver was kind of stupid but oh well, he was pretty to look at.  Not Welling Pretty but oh well. 

Aaaand I was up until 8:00 this morning, watching the ENTIRE final season. Yes, I was up for over 25 hours. Fell asleep around 9:30 and woke up mid-afternoon.

How can you even still be sane?  You must be going through tv withdrawal.  Did you ever watch Stargate SG-1?  That had 10 seasons as well as two full length movies.  Start mixing up the plot lines of Smallville and Stargate.  That would be hilarious. 

• Love 1

I'm reading your review going, uh huh, uh huh, yep, yeah, that's what I remember too.  (Except Lionel looking ill - maybe a bit older and thinner?  He's not ill now so that's good at least.)

I was so happy when Lionel showed up.  I had MISSED his pure bastardlyness.  He was soooo good at being evil.  Of course he slipped between worlds.

Yes! It could simply be he was a lot thinner; he looked thinner in the interviews in the When the Father Becomes the Son vignette, where they talk with Rosenbaum, Welling, Schneider and Glover about the father/son relationship. Rosenbaum was especially hilarious when he said how Lionel wasn't really eeeevuhl, just misunderstood. You could hear the sarcasm and the look on his face, just made me grin. Glover was also very funny.

So much this.  I still didn't like the characterization of Lois in season ten with how she viewed Clark and his abilities and that he was a god and how she was fine just letting him do his thing in deciding if he wanted to let her know what was going on or not but her manner of speaking and reacting was drastically different to the point that had she always been like that, I might have not come to hate her so much. 

Clearly someone over the summer sat her down and told her to lose the shrill tones and tone down the arrogant attitude for that character.  Yeah, totally different.  She was retconned right along with her history as a journalist.

Word. She's just so okie dokie, whatever you say/think, sweetheart! I mean, she doesn't even rip into him after he returns from the Phantom Zone, and is told that he was gone for three weeks; had made the decision to destroy the gate. As much as I love him, if I were Lois, I would have torn into him for that. She was almost like a pod person or stepford. 

Poor Tess.  She was also a totally different character this season but I'd stopped caring by then and just enjoyed Tess 2.0.  The show wiping Lex's mind was such a huge copout.  Poof.  Nothing Clark and Lex ever did together means anything.  And they'd already set up a reason why Lex wouldn't ever tell anyone Clark's secret with the Ying Yang thing.  But nope, that would be too original for Souders and Peterson.  Huge missed chance.

Chloe was more than a little bit awesome during the time she was around.  Oliver was kind of stupid but oh well, he was pretty to look at.  Not Welling Pretty but oh well.

I figured they totally redeemed her because it was still all up in the air whether Mack would return and they needed a "Watchtower." I wonder if the CW also started airing the next season's episodes in July like the regular networks, and if they did, then if they didn't have Mack locked down, then they needed to do what they could to fill the hole she left. But I didn't buy it; well, not totally, anyway.

Yes, Ollie had some of Clark's stupidity rub off on him, and yes, he was and still is pretty to look at. It didn't hurt that he's a decent actor. But I don't think anyone on this show can rival Tom Welling's purtyness/gorgeousness, and those eyes and cheekbones!

I will say that Clark Luthor scared the bejesus out of me. Welling was very good at playing a cold-blooded murderer. And cue in the eye rolling with Clark (as usual) telling his parallel self it wasn't too late for him, EVEN THOUGH he had intentionally and willfully murdered a lot of people, and transports him to that Jor-El.

How can you even still be sane?  You must be going through tv withdrawal.  Did you ever watch Stargate SG-1?  That had 10 seasons as well as two full length movies.  Start mixing up the plot lines of Smallville and Stargate.  That would be hilarious.

I don't know. It was like a compulsion or something. That I just had to watch every episode until I was done. Granted, I did my share of fast forwarding, but I did it.  And I'd also forgotten those bastards had killed off Carter.  Yes, there are other shows I watch, but they've been queuing up on my dvr, hee! I've started watching them now.

No I've never watched Stargate.  

I don't think I'll be able to watch Flash now, without comparing it to this show. Arrow doesn't count, because I don't watch that show, but I will say that Alaina Huffman's Dinah is Miles, no, eons better of an actress as Dinah AND as Black Canary. I see Arrow's version of Black Canary and I cringe, because she looks hideous.

I watch both Flash and Arrow. (And am looking forward to Legands of Tomorrow) You have no idea how bad "Dinah" Laurel Lance can be or how forced her transformation to BC was. It was really interesting though in season two because they introduced a "proto" Canary that was IMO a better fit on many levels. Others concurred and for a while I thought we might have a real version of Chlois happening, where the one with the name isn't the real deal after all.

I can't remember, did you ever give Arrow a try? I'm not sure if I'm mixing you up with someone else or not.

I watch both Flash and Arrow. (And am looking forward to Legands of Tomorrow) You have no idea how bad "Dinah" Laurel Lance can be or how forced her transformation to BC was. It was really interesting though in season two because they introduced a "proto" Canary that was IMO a better fit on many levels. Others concurred and for a while I thought we might have a real version of Chlois happening, where the one with the name isn't the real deal after all.

I can't remember, did you ever give Arrow a try? I'm not sure if I'm mixing you up with someone else or not.

I gave up watching it after three episodes, it was that bad for me. But I have read the forums so I know that Canary was played by Sarah. But that their mom is the original one or something. I will admit that I resent that most of BATMAN'S villains have been usurped to be this "Arrow's" villains. And the insulting twist that R'as isn't one man but a name anyone can claim to be. Whatever.

I'm really liking this season so far. It's a bit disappointing that it's Chloe-less, but so far I'm really enjoying it. I love the Clark/Lois relationship, finally he actually told someone his secret.

No. He told Pete his secret first. Of course, he had to, but Lois is not the first. And just like Chloe, Lois already knew when he told them. And of course, Chloe let him know she knew before he filled her in with all the details.

And he only told Lois his secrect AFTER he got gaurentees. That he only decided she was worth the risk afterwards really takes the shine off the romance. It played to me like him shrugging his shoulders and going with it since it was already decided. Everything that came after played that way to me.

• Love 1

Fair enough, I had forgotten about Pete. I don't see how Chloe is relevant to this discussion, because he never outright trusted her enough to tell her. Lois was the second person that he told willingly.

Yeah, I agree with BkWurm on only doing it after getting guarantees. I didn't like that very much, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of them as a couple.

Fair enough, I had forgotten about Pete. I don't see how Chloe is relevant to this discussion, because he never outright trusted her enough to tell her. Lois was the second person that he told willingly.

Yeah, I agree with BkWurm on only doing it after getting guarantees. I didn't like that very much, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of them as a couple.

He told Pete after Pete saw him and Jonathan "steal" Clark's ship.  And he had to show him his powers which freaked Pete out, so that had him telling Pete his secret.  As for Chloe, he did trust her; it's been a mantra of this show that the reason he didn't tell Chloe, Lana, or anyone else was to protect them, and not because he didn't trust them. Lex was the exception, because Clark could see why he couldn't tell Lex.  And the only reason he told Lois was because of what he saw in the future. If he really trusted her, he would have told her without that. If you recall, he didn't want to tell her because, again, that protection nonsense, and because "she was special" as he told her in the 8th season, when Jor-El, took him on his "It's a Wonderful Life" and he saw that Chloe and Lana were happy without him, but that Kara was Lex's henchwoman, etc.  Before he went back to change everything back, he still refused to tell Lois. Yep, that's trust allright.  

As for Chloe? She knew and kept his secret, knowing he would tell her when he felt the time was right; She is the only one who was able to keep his secret, protect him at all times, not caring about the cost to herself.  And when she told him she knew, he told her wasn't a freak, but who he really was. And having that secret not be a secret anymore? Man, the friendship and the feelings between those two? BEST thing ever.  It was never a lack of trust on Clark's part. At least not to me.

As for Lois? She treated him like a God and not a person. Until Chloe set her straight.

• Love 1

I don't see how Chloe is relevant to this discussion, because he never outright trusted her enough to tell her. Lois was the second person that he told willingly.

I guess the way I saw it was that it's not trust if he only willingly told Lois after doing so came with assurances. 

After Pete ran away because keeping Clark's secret was too much of a burden Clark was even more afraid to confide in anyone.  I do think when he and Chloe were younger, he was afraid that his secret could be viewed as a news story, but by the time Chloe found out, it played more like Clark was keeping it from his friends to keep them safe.  I mean, Chloe came this close to saying she knew but would pretend not to. 

Then when she did find out about his powers and protected him from Lex and ended up going with him to the arctic, he didn't have to tell her the whole truth.  He could have let her continue to assume he was meteor infected. He could have claimed ignorance about the fortress.  But he did trust her with the whole truth, something for example, he'd never done with Alicia, nor do I believe he told Bart or Aquaman initially.   He volunteered everything about being an alien and his history and heritage and weaknesses.  And doing that, only came with the guarantees he gleaned from who Chloe was as a person and a friend. 

Not telling Lois until she came with promises from the future is worse IMO than it sounds, since Clark HAD memories of an alternate timeline where he told Lois so she could make his story public and from that, he already knew she didn't reject him or push him away but that knowledge wasn't enough to make him trust her.  Maybe he thought she would react differently if she was suppose to keep his secret?  I don't know, but by the time he did tell her, yeah, for me it was very weak.   

I LOVE the romance between Lois and Clark in pretty much EVERY other iteration.  But on Smallville, it makes me ragey.  She's what he settles for because he no longer believes he can chose his own destiny and he's what she goes for because...he's hot and perfect?  Honestly, I have a hard time understanding why Lois would stay with him once she found out the truth.  The real Clark, that's not who she wants or needs. Smallville nearly ruined them as a couple for me in all the other versions of the story.  I hate Smallville more for that than just about anything.

• Love 2

It's great knowing that so many other people had also completely given up on the show by season 10, to the point where they were just watching to see actors return. I promised myself at the time that I wouldn't watch the whole thing so I just watched the episodes that seemed to have something somewhat redeemable in them, like Chloe's return episodes and the arc with Lionel.

Probably my single favorite moment in the final season is when Lionel hits on Martha yet again and we see that fantastic chemistry between the actors fight against their intellectual understanding of one another's motives. Martha wants Lionel, but hates him at the same time. That was awesome acting. You could see the fire between them.

A brief exchange but better than anything else the show offered up in that entire season.

I rather liked Granny Goodness on this show because of the actress who played her, who previously performed on Dead Like Me as a much nicer person. The concept of her running an orphanage here on earth to train women to be her Furies was a believable twist... Except for the fact that it was tonally out of sync with the realistic world the show was trying to set up back in the early seasons. I know bringing in more of the DC Universe saved Smallville from season five onwards (Hello Ollie!) but it was still incredibly jarring to watch the show transform into a comic book when it had tried to begin as something different.

Tess being revealed as Lutessa was an upsetting retcon that I sort of made my peace with at the time. I love Cassidy on this show and was happy getting to see her play a nicer version of her character, but she really didn't get much good material in the final year. I think Tess was at her best in season 8 and it was slowly downhill from there, basically from the moment she started to prop up Clark has some kind of angel or Jesus figure.

I remain royally pissed off that the show paired up Oliver and Chloe, who had been on completely opposite sides by the end of season 8. Plus, he had such amazing chemistry with Erica's Lois. I suppose I should be grateful they didn't kill Chloe off in the end, but her having the baby of a man who's supposed to end up with Black Canary didn't make any sense to me and actually felt a bit foreboding. I don't want to imagine Chloe stuck in another love triangle ten years after the show is over!

I kept waiting for them to do something interesting with Oliver and Black Canary, especially since they went through the trouble of bringing her back in the final season, but I think all we got in the end was one line of dialogue about how Oliver had been flirting with Canary via text messages or something.

I am still trying to forget this show's laughable interpretation of Darkseid as a flock of CGI crows. Compared to that, Doomsday was handled perfectly. Why they didn't bring Michael Ironside back to play and voice the character is beyond me. He would have been a great twist, considering he also plays Lois' father...which reminds me, didn't Lucy return only to disappear again? I can't remember anymore.

It was hilarious and so glaring that none of the show's endless supporting characters who had propped up Clark and Lois over the years attended the wedding. Lucy, the General, Perry, Pete, Connor, girl Speedy, or even the rest of those Justice League cardboard cutouts that Lois was fretting about in the middle of the Daily Planet attended either. That scene was truly unbelievable - Lois Lane, keeper of Superman's secret identity, standing in the middle of her office with a mock-up of the church loudly discussing where certain superheroes would sit!! That's when I knew all of the other characters in this world understood that she and her fiance were total morons, and just tried to ignore their stupidity.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

I remain royally pissed off that the show paired up Oliver and Chloe, who had been on completely opposite sides by the end of season 8.

And I really liked Chloe/Oliver. I guess that, by the time they got together, I'd stopped expecting logic and reason from this show. All I know is that I enjoyed watching them together, and it was one of the few things the show had going on that I actually liked and cared about.

Plus, he had such amazing chemistry with Erica's Lois.

I've read comments like this around here a few times and it's surprised me. I never thought there was anything all that special about Ollie and Lois's chemistry. I mean, I thought they made a good enough couple, and the scene where they broke up made me a little sad. But I just don't remember thinking much of them beyond that.

Of course, chemistry is subjective, so I guess other people saw sparks between them that I just didn't for some reason.

I suppose I should be grateful they didn't kill Chloe off in the end, but her having the baby of a man who's supposed to end up with Black Canary didn't make any sense to me and actually felt a bit foreboding. I don't want to imagine Chloe stuck in another love triangle ten years after the show is over!

I guess to folks who were really into Oliver/BC in the comics, there were a lot of expectations about something happening between them on the show. But I didn't have those kinds of expectations. To me they were just two characters who happened to be on SV, and the fact that nothing happened between them on the show was no big deal.

And regarding Chloe ending up stuck in another triangle, I consider SV it's own thing separate from comics canon. And there's no reason to think that, in this reality, anything romantic ever has to happen between Ollie and BC.

Since even current comic canon does not have the Green Arrow and the Black Canary as a couple I don't think not pairing them was a big deal. (There currently have not ever crossed over their current continuity and before that the couple divorced so still not a couple). Over on Arrow, BC and GA have the most toxic backstory and after four years they are only now about to be friends - and I don't mean to imply they had a sparky tension between them, no after some initial attempts in the first season they've been written them as he does his best never to have a casual conversation and she has a case of resting bitch face around him. Meanwhile Oliver Queen is madly in love with his partner in crime, tech and computer genuis (and bottled blonde) Felicity Smoak.

I had issues with how Olille behaved in season eight but on a shallow level, I saw the chemistry between the actors (so hot). Still, in my mind Chloe was just babysitting in the final. (The season 11 comic was IMO nothing more than illustrated Clois fan fiction and nothing said in show canon in the season ten finale said Chloe was his mom or that she was still married to Oliver - if a girl that had wiped her identity from the grid even could legally get married spur of the moment). :D

• Love 1

I don't watch Arrow or Flash - Smallville really did a number on me and I'm still in the process of recovering - but I'm not surprised to hear Black Canary isn't being used in the way we would expect. There seems to be a constant need to mess with her as a character and I'm not sure why that is.

I didn't see a lot of chemistry between Justin and Alaina necessarily, but since the series was doing everything it could no matter how stupid to align with comic book continuity, I figured Black Canary and Green Arrow as a couple was an inevitability.

I actually liked Oliver with Tess and Lois the most. It's a shame we got so little time with Tess and Ollie as a couple because they looked really pretty together and acted the heck out of it. I think the only reason people liked seeing Chloe with him was because both of the actors were so game for a storyline that didn't require them to be brooding that you could tell they were having fun with their scenes.

Was anybody else a little stunned that they didn't do an actual Teen Titans episode? I mean, they already had Connor and Mia and Vic Stone and Impulse, right? Throw in Raven and voila - backdoor pilot!

I had issues with how Olille behaved in season eight but on a shallow level, I saw the chemistry between the actors (so hot). Still, in my mind Chloe was just babysitting in the final. (The season 11 comic was IMO nothing more than illustrated Clois fan fiction and nothing said in show canon in the season ten finale said Chloe was his mom or that she was still married to Oliver - if a girl that had wiped her identity from the grid even could legally get married spur of the moment). :D

Okay, I admit, I was on fumes when I was marathoning this and got to the series finale, and so maybe I missed something. I could have sworn that in "Fortune" it turned out the half of the marriage license Chloe had was not for her and Clark, but her and Ollie, and that Ollie had the other half; and that despite telling the preacher or whoever that it was a joke, by the end, it turned out that Ollie and Chloe were married? Because she said something about working in her husband's home town? Or was it Ollie saying something about his wife? Either way, regardless of the throwaway line about Bats (Billionaire with gadgets) and Wonder Woman (Wonderous Woman who will throw you for a loop), Chloe was leaving Smallville and get back to her reporter roots and work in Star City.

And that in the series finale, she was wearing a wedding ring, so I automatically assumed that little boy was her son.  And since I never read the "Season 11" comic, so I have no knowledge of what was written.

And since Ollie in Arrow isn't with Dinah, makes me no never mind that Ollie and Dinah didn't get together on this show.

You are remembering correctly. Ollie and Chloe were married that way and the kid with the arrows at the end was clearly their son.

I think a lot of people were happy to hear Chloe was returning toher true passion - journalism - but after all that happened with her being Oracle...oops I mean Watchtower... how could she ever have a byline? Didn't she wipe herself from existence essentially?

I just remembered the Chloe/Dinah battle in her weird Matrix rip-off return episode. That seemed like a build-up to Dinah getting Ollie in the end.

You are remembering correctly. Ollie and Chloe were married that way and the kid with the arrows at the end was clearly their son.

Fortune had Chloe telling Clark that she'd talked to the wedding chapel people and it was all a joke only for Oliver to show up with the other half of the wedding certificate, but again, didn't she just say that she'd heard from the chapel people that it was all a gag?  Not to mention as mentioned, Chloe wiped her existence from the record and later implies she is going to use an alias for her new reporter gig. 

So while Chloe and Oliver were treating it like a real marriage, was it even legal?  Perhaps they could have made it legal later (after Chloe brings herself back - but per the kids from the future, Chloe Sullivan didn't exist) 

I know the implication was that the kid was Chloe's and Oliver's (though per the show runners it was a complete accident that there was a toy bow and arrow in the shot) but since no one called anyone mom or son and she was weirdly living in Singapore there was a lot of plausible deniability built in.  The ring she might just have been wearing to keep idiots from hitting on her all the time, lol. 

Now leave me alone while I stick my fingers in my ears and go la, la, la, la.  Hey, it's all fiction.  After TEN fricken years, hell, I deserve to have whatever ending I want. 

• Love 1

Fortune had Chloe telling Clark that she'd talked to the wedding chapel people and it was all a joke only for Oliver to show up with the other half of the wedding certificate, but again, didn't she just say that she'd heard from the chapel people that it was all a gag? Not to mention as mentioned, Chloe wiped her existence from the record and later implies she is going to use an alias for her new reporter gig.

So while Chloe and Oliver were treating it like a real marriage, was it even legal? Perhaps they could have made it legal later (after Chloe brings herself back - but per the kids from the future, Chloe Sullivan didn't exist)

I know the implication was that the kid was Chloe's and Oliver's (though per the show runners it was a complete accident that there was a toy bow and arrow in the shot) but since no one called anyone mom or son and she was weirdly living in Singapore there was a lot of plausible deniability built in. The ring she might just have been wearing to keep idiots from hitting on her all the time, lol.

Now leave me alone while I stick my fingers in my ears and go la, la, la, la. Hey, it's all fiction. After TEN fricken years, hell, I deserve to have whatever ending I want.

So true, BkWurm!

I'll join you in the lalalalalalalala! Like I said, I hadn't slept in three days by the time I got to the final season, and I didn't know the producers hacks had said the bows were a coinkidink.

If Ollie can be with Felicity and GL John Stewart can be with Shayera on JL/JLU and even have a child, and she's not with Carter/Hawkman, then in my world, Clark and Chloe are together.

• Love 1

Yest. 12:21 am

I don't watch Arrow or Flash - Smallville really did a number on me and I'm still in the process of recovering - but I'm not surprised to hear Black Canary isn't being used in the way we would expect. There seems to be a constant need to mess with her as a character and I'm not sure why that is.

Oh I feel your Smallville pain.  I wouldn't have watched Arrow had I not promised a friend that had let go of his live TV options I'd check it out and tell him if it was worth catching up on.  My Post Traumatic Smallville Disorder was still in full bloom and yet here I am, sucked as deeply into Arrow as I was Smallville.  I'm like that recovering addict that quit the booze only to turn to the pills. 

I tried to root for Black Canary but now I just root for her to go away.  And she never will.  So I do it one better and root for the actress to get cast in some blockbuster movie so SHE wants out of the show.  The character regularly makes all the worst character lists. 

Once I fell off the wagon with Arrow, I was easy pickings for Flash and Gotham and Supergirl and come winter, Legends of Tomorrow.  I probably need an intervention. 

• Love 1

I wish I could like your most recent post, but since I managed to not get sucked into the horror and Batman wannbe that is Arrow, I can't, hee.

Though I am watching Flash and Supergirl.

But right now, I'm just finishing up my marathon rewatch of the DCAU, specifically Batman. So much superior.

I'll join you in the lalalalalalalala! Like I said, I hadn't slept in three days by the time I got to the final season, and I didn't know the producers hacks had said the bows were a coinkidink.

Yeah, when the episode first aired there was push back from the comic canon people saying obviously she'd moved away and divorced Oliver and the kid couldn't be his anyway since he had to get together with Canary.  The Chlollie fans pointed to the toy set as proof  to which it was, well fine, Oliver Queen has lots of random kids anyway, what's one more from an ex and then the producer interviews came out and mentioned it was pure happenstance and a smart director and the because comics crowd was very vocal about it being proof that they were right and it wasn't Oliver's kid and...anyway. 

I think the reality was they were trying to be vague so they could please everyone. 

Which worked because I promptly decided after a bit, Chloe and Oliver broke up but Chloe didn't want to move back to Metropolis since Clark was still weirdly engaged but still not married to Lois so she took a job to get as far away from  all the men in her life and moved in with Lana (hey, she ran off to the far east once before) just to make sure she'd never have to be surprised by an unexpected visit from Clark.  And the child was Lana's adopted son (cause she needed someone to love that wouldn't leave her). Toss in Clark figuring out there was a reason why after SEVEN years he and Lois still weren't married and now weren't even acknowledging at work that they were friends let along dating or engaged and yeah, I got my ending.   

• Love 2

I wish I could like your most recent post, but since I managed to not get sucked into the horror and Batman wannbe that is Arrow, I can't, hee.

Though I am watching Flash and Supergirl.

But right now, I'm just finishing up my marathon rewatch of the DCAU, specifically Batman. So much superior.

If you are watching Flash then you have NOT escaped.  See you at the big crossover in three weeks!  They've done a tricky thing and in order to watch your Flash people do Flash things in Central City you are going to have to tune in to the Arrow episode.  It's not two separate shows this year, just one long continuous episode that starts in Star City during the Flash episode and moves to Central during Arrow, lol.  

• Love 1

I promptly decided after a bit, Chloe and Oliver broke up but Chloe didn't want to move back to Metropolis since Clark was still weirdly engaged but still not married to Lois so she took a job to get as far away from  all the men in her life and moved in with Lana (hey, she ran off to the far east once before) just to make sure she'd never have to be surprised by an unexpected visit from Clark.  And the child was Lana's adopted son (cause she needed someone to love that wouldn't leave her). Toss in Clark figuring out there was a reason why after SEVEN years he and Lois still weren't married and now weren't even acknowledging at work that they were friends let along dating or engaged and yeah, I got my ending.   

Yes, it was ridiculous that Clark and Lois still weren't married in the seven years that got flash forwarded, BUT, that day, the day we saw Clark pull his shirt apart and then John Williams's wonderful score started, they were set to marry that day/evening. Clark told Lois to tell the preacher that he would be a little late to the wedding. So, assuming no big villains crashed, they were going to be married. I'm not sure how I missed that bit of dialogue the first time I watched it. Possibly because I couldn't believe that seven YEARS had passed and they still weren't married.

If you are watching Flash then you have NOT escaped.  See you at the big crossover in three weeks!  They've done a tricky thing and in order to watch your Flash people do Flash things in Central City you are going to have to tune in to the Arrow episode.  It's not two separate shows this year, just one long continuous episode that starts in Star City during the Flash episode and moves to Central during Arrow, lol.  

Oh, but I have. I only watch the cross-overs when I am forced to; it's how I know how horrid Dinah looks as Black Canary, and how Stephen still can't act for shit, and I get pissed because this show has stolen most of Bats' villains for Ollie; I wouldn't be surprised if Joker shows up; I mean, I'd heard/read that Harley is going to make an appearance? What the fuck ever. They can't get the rights to do a Batman show, so they steal as many of his plots/villains and give the hero all of Bruce's angst, and they can get away with it.

But, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to remember to record Arrow in three weeks. It's so fucking presumptuous of the show runners to assume that those that watch Flash must also be fans of and watch Arrow as well, and those that don't, like me, are lost when there are mini cross-overs.  Assholes. It makes me wish that Arrow could have been a show with Justin Hartley's Ollie. It wouldn't be as dark, dreary or eye roll worthy, I don't think, but, who knows? All I know is that Justin is a MUCH better actor than Amell is. And his Ollie is sexier, more charming and better looking.

Fortune had Chloe telling Clark that she'd talked to the wedding chapel people and it was all a joke only for Oliver to show up with the other half of the wedding certificate,

Chloe and Oliver also had a whole conversation in the finale about their marriage, and whether either one of them regretted it or how it happened. So, according to the show anyway, they were, indeed, married.

I also have a very hard time believing the kid was anyone but Chloe's, because it was very much framed as "mom telling story to son," and kind of doesn't make sense any other way. Meaning either the kid were her's and Oliver's, or she divorced Oliver and had a kid with someone else. Hopefully not Clark because, while they weren't married, it's clear at the end of the finale that he and Lois are heading that way. And that would suck for Chloe if they had a thing, she had his kid, then their thing ended and he went running to her cousin.

That being Chloe and Oliver's kid, and them still being married (notice the big rock on her finger) is just the most logical read of the situation. But I agree that they left it vague to keep everyone happy. (And I've learned to take anything the TPB of SV say with a huge grain of salt.)

Now leave me alone while I stick my fingers in my ears and go la, la, la, la. Hey, it's all fiction. After TEN fricken years, hell, I deserve to have whatever ending I want.

I'll join you in the lalalalalalalala!

Maybe I'd be there too if I was really into Chlark. But, while I liked the idea once upon a time, by the end of the show I disliked Clark too much to want him with Chloe. Basically, I thought Clark was a total ass by the end there, and thought Chloe (a character I still really liked) deserved way better. And, compared to Clark, Oliver was a total prince.

Edited by Bitterswete

Well, I finished. Overall, I liked the final season. I thought it was a good ending. Adored the Clark/Lois scenes in the finale (please don't ruin it for me guys), loved Lex and Clark's final conversation (how fitting that Clark tries to get reassurance from lex one last time), liked seeing Jonathon/Martha/the real Jimmy. Poor Tess. I didn't really think she'd actually die.

Also I liked Lex's life flash before his eyes as he was losing his memories. The small part of me that shipped Lex/Lana was glad to see she was in there a few times.

I've started watching The Flash. Don't think I'll do Arrow, as the Felicity character bothers me. Go away, copy of Chloe!

Yes, it was ridiculous that Clark and Lois still weren't married in the seven years that got flash forwarded, BUT, that day, the day we saw Clark pull his shirt apart and then John Williams's wonderful score started, they were set to marry that day/evening. Clark told Lois to tell the preacher that he would be a little late to the wedding. So, assuming no big villains crashed, they were going to be married.

After seven years, I felt confidant that this wasn't the first time he's said "I'll be there" and then wasn't.  So yeah, that's how I roll.

I've started watching The Flash. Don't think I'll do Arrow, as the Felicity character bothers me. Go away, copy of Chloe!

Chloe and Felicity are really vastly different characters.  I love them both but the only thing they have in common is hair color and that they are good at getting answers. They are both awesome, but they don't at all share the same personality or motivations.  So don't hate on Felicity as some kind of lesser Chloe and yeah, there are those that really want you to but usually it's because they have their own axe to grind and she's in their way.  

Really in many ways, she's the next generation that is treated better by the show because of the hard work put in by the previous generation.  I don't feel like Smallville ever let Chloe be explored honestly, but Arrow was willing to let the show go where the characters were taking it.  (Season three was manufactured angst but it still had good moments)  I consider every success that Felicity has as another win attributed to Chloe. 

Arrow isn't the easiest show to get into since I think it took half a dozen episodes to find itself (it was too dour and gritty at first) and there was also a failed love interest that had to be dealt with (Hi Laurel!)  but I sincerely think that Stephen Amell is a far better actor than given credit. 

It makes me wish that Arrow could have been a show with Justin Hartley's Ollie. It wouldn't be as dark, dreary or eye roll worthy, I don't think, but, who knows? All I know is that Justin is a MUCH better actor than Amell is. And his Ollie is sexier, more charming and better looking.

That would have been a vastly different show for sure.  I really don't think Hartley would have been a good fit for Arrow's darker feel.  JH was great with the light stuff but he even at his "darkest" never really felt all that dark.  I also had trouble buying into his pain or trauma and that's where Amell's Arrow shines.  Plus as you get to know the character better, he gets better looking and honestly, I think he had sexy covered before even that.  He spends a LOT of time in the first season shirtless.  And working out.  Shirtless all the time. 

JH was very charming but the character on Arrow is written in such a manner that charm is a negative thing.  When he's being charming on purpose, that's when he's the worst.  All his easy charm is saved for the stupid cheating irresponsible idiot that existed before his five years away transformed him.  His "charm" only exists during flashbacks when he was a pretty crappy human being.  (Laurel's sister brings up the 10 girls that they know of that he cheated on her with) And the mere fact that I can tell the difference between sincere present day Oliver vs insincere yet very charming Ollie from his play boy days says a lot about the actor's ability. 

That's not to say that he remains a batman rip off.  Bruce Wayne will always be a dark character.  Oliver has been moving through a transformation away from that and toward the more traditional amusing Green Arrow.   

I watch and enjoy Flash but it's never going to get me as emotionally invested in the characters as Arrow has. (Which is probably why it made it on the ballot for People's Choice rather than the more watched Flash)   Still, the show is not over and I have a number of Smallville survivors that will only watch if they are giving the all clear at the end of Arrow's run and we are only four years in so a lot of dickery could still occur -  Smallville has hammered home that lesson - but so far, I'm feeling hopeful. 

Black Canary is awful but hating her doesn't get in the way of me loving all the other characters.  Smallville also taught me how to handle that.  Ha,ha.  

Yeah, fair enough. I didn't really like what I saw of Felicity in the one episode that she was in of The Flash, so I'll admit to that. Maybe seeing more of her would make me like her better.

I'll admit, another big part of me not wanting to watch arrow is because JH doesn't play him. It would be too weird for me to see someone else as him (just like the batman vs. superman movie is going to be weird because it has someone else playing Lex)

(edited)

Yeah, fair enough. I didn't really like what I saw of Felicity in the one episode that she was in of The Flash, so I'll admit to that. Maybe seeing more of her would make me like her better.

I'll admit, another big part of me not wanting to watch arrow is because JH doesn't play him. It would be too weird for me to see someone else as him (just like the batman vs. superman movie is going to be weird because it has someone else playing Lex)

If the episode you saw also included Ray Palmer, don't blame Felicity.  There was a lot of weird OOC stuff in that episode. 

As for having trouble with new actors playing favorite characters, I understand your pain.  I made peace with it by adopting the multiverse theory to TV and movie watching.  Every new actor is the character, just in some other parallel universe.  So there is a universe IMO where Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher are still rom-coming it up but there is also a world where Christopher Reeve's Superman saves the world and another entirely separate offshoot for the Superman Returns scenario and again for Man of Steel and of course Smallville. 

I play the multiverse game even within Smallville.  In one version I do accept that Chloe and Oliver got married and lived happily ever after but I also have a bunch for different Chlarky endings and another completely separate one where the real epic romance was the untold hidden story of what was going on between Chloe and Carter Hall  http://archiveofourown.org/works/3386528/chapters/7408862  (FYI, not SFW)

Infinate worlds and infinite possibilities.  If I hate one, I can just move it to it's own universe and console myself that in the rest it NEVER HAPPENED.  :D

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I'm with everyone who couldn't do Arrow because of SV burnout. It took news of Barry Allen coming on to change that.

By the way..the most egregious thing the show did (in a season full of them) was erasing Lex's memories. THEN WHY WOULD HE TURN EVIL

By the way..the most egregious thing the show did (in a season full of them) was erasing Lex's memories. THEN WHY WOULD HE TURN EVIL

Because he's a Luthor and all Luthor blood is automatically evol! Except for Tess. And Connor (aka Superboy). And E1 Lionel kind of got redeemed. And the clone of Juliane was fine. And Lucas was only a conman, not really evil. No, only Lex is a true Luthor thus evol even if he has no motivation, reason or explanation why.

Alexander who?

• Love 3

He told Pete after Pete saw him and Jonathan "steal" Clark's ship.  And he had to show him his powers which freaked Pete out, so that had him telling Pete his secret.  As for Chloe, he did trust her; it's been a mantra of this show that the reason he didn't tell Chloe, Lana, or anyone else was to protect them, and not because he didn't trust them. Lex was the exception, because Clark could see why he couldn't tell Lex.  And the only reason he told Lois was because of what he saw in the future. If he really trusted her, he would have told her without that. If you recall, he didn't want to tell her because, again, that protection nonsense, and because "she was special" as he told her in the 8th season, when Jor-El, took him on his "It's a Wonderful Life" and he saw that Chloe and Lana were happy without him, but that Kara was Lex's henchwoman, etc.  Before he went back to change everything back, he still refused to tell Lois. Yep, that's trust allright.  

As for Chloe? She knew and kept his secret, knowing he would tell her when he felt the time was right; She is the only one who was able to keep his secret, protect him at all times, not caring about the cost to herself.  And when she told him she knew, he told her wasn't a freak, but who he really was. And having that secret not be a secret anymore? Man, the friendship and the feelings between those two? BEST thing ever.  It was never a lack of trust on Clark's part. At least not to me.

As for Lois? She treated him like a God and not a person. Until Chloe set her straight.

Totally agree

In my opinion S10 is a season with super moments and really bad ones.

Speaking for Clois, I'd say that in S10 I got accustomed to them, because I knew that this show would make them end together. There was no other possible choice for them**, although I really wanted to be anything except that. At least they didn't marry.

**but they played with Chlarkers a couple of times (in the hangover and when Chloe is saved by a fake Clark...)

There were some moments when they were really hard to watch. I don't remember the episode, I think it is the one in which AQuaman appears, when Clois start arguing at the end of the episode, and what lasted 10 minutes felt like a 20 hour boring argument to me. Then we had Lois in the multiverse, that, of course, had to be in love with realClark, no matter how bad was Clark in her universe!!!!! But they forgot something.....

"what about the bracelet Clark was supposed to give to her "real love" that appeared in S2? So maybe Smallville Lois is not his real love...."

Oh....but there were good moments....the multiverse brought back to life Lionel, and badClark was super hot and wonderfully well-played by Tom Welling. Unfortunately, Lionel was not the one of our universe, but anyway, that was super intense. I am a passionate of science-fiction, and I loved how they brought those things (which are from the comics) to the show. They explored a whole new world, that had been mentioned and visited in previous seasons, but this time was a new level.

Then we had Chloe, who, not only saved the day, but saved the entire season 10 and Superman! She appeared only in a few episodes, but, they were great. Even the "Matrix" episode was amazing, when she lgave her hand to Clark, but he didn't trust her...(that was hard to watch too).

I loved Tess in Season 10. LLL was a great twist and I ended up loving her so much.

What else? Zod returned, and Clark and Oliver were gladiators!

Edited by Chloe