Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Emotional Contagion

Tara Ariano

Best line of the episode, in light of forum speculations and snark last week, goes to Mitch's "I'm with Abe", I cried with laughter.[/quote

The best part of that was that pause after the fact, like Mitch's mind suddenly said "OMFG I just made a pass at Abe."

• Love 1

It's the same unwritten law that says anyone starting a fire MUST have a big flip open Zippo lighter, even if they don't smoke.

Which they throw onto the fire because

1.Zippos are cheaper than matches, and if the fire fails to catch, well, you buy your Zippos 30 at a time, right?

2.When the forensic team find the Zippo at the point the fire started, they won't instantly think arson, because even non-smokers buy their Zippos 30 at a time, so they turn up everywhere, all the time, anyhow.

It's just that they make such a cool clack noise. And they never have inscriptions and insignias on them.

• Love 1

Holy hell, is it an electroporator they want? (1) you can find that at literally any university with a basic microbiology lab and (2) it's pronounced "electro-pore-ater" because it puts things into cells with a little electric zap. There must be literally zero scientists on staff at any point in the production of this show.

Edited by AndreaK1041

There must be literally zero scientists on staff at any point in the production of this show.

Gee, ya think?  Like I keep saying this ain't PBS.  Edward O. Wilson isn't consulting.  This OUGHT to free them up to REALLY go nuts on the fake crazy drive-in Zero Science. and yet it's all so timid and dull.

Edited by ratgirlagogo

I didn't mean to imply there was scientific accuracy anywhere I the show, but even someone with a superficial knowledge of lab equipment would catch that. Not to mention the fact that you can alternatively put cells in hot water for 30 seconds and it does the same thing as that little piece of crap that someone was worth getting shot over?

I don't know why that bothered me over so much of the other nonsense. Funny how a little thing like mispronounced words can make you say "this is no longer ok".

• Love 4

I didn't mean to imply there was scientific accuracy anywhere I the show, but even someone with a superficial knowledge of lab equipment would catch that. Not to mention the fact that you can alternatively put cells in hot water for 30 seconds and it does the same thing as that little piece of crap that someone was worth getting shot over?

I don't know why that bothered me over so much of the other nonsense. Funny how a little thing like mispronounced words can make you say "this is no longer ok".

True, they should have consultants on the show that would do stuff like this.  But I would imagine 90% of the audience are like me and the guy talking about the "velociraptor".  At least the show tried to have the name of something real instead of just making up some kind of technical doohickey gadget.

At least the show tried to have the name of something real instead of just making up some kind of technical doohickey gadget.

I know what you're saying but those tiny little bitsy pieces of scientific accuracy just annoy me in the face of the bigger ridiculousness.  I wish they WOULD just make up some kind of technical doohickey gadget McGuffin to go along with biochemical genetic hoohaw McGuffins like the Mother Cell.

• Love 3