Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Victor Espinoza: Jockeying For Position

• Start Topic

VICTOR ESPINOZA After coming close twice, jockey Victor Espinoza earned the famous Triple Crown earlier this year, winning the Kentucky Derby, The Preakness and The Belmont Stakes aboard speedy American Pharoah. It was the first time in 37 years the feat had been accomplished. The first Hispanic jockey to ever win the Triple Crown, Espinoza has won over 3000 races in his career and donates 10% of his weekly winnings to The City of Hope for childhood cancer research. PRO DANCE PARTNER: KARINA SMIRNOFF

B9317164124Z.1_20150429172025_000_GRVAL6

To some degree, he reminds me of Helio Castroneves.  I hope he's at least as entertaining.

from his little vid they shared on fb idk if he has the moves lol

though most Hispanic people I know have a natural feel for rhythm and movement...

I like Espinoza from his interviews in conjunction with the Triple Crown (and I love this charitable tendencies), but that dance on Monday was just...quite ungood. Bless his heart for trying, but he is just not destined to last long. I hope he appears in the audience and such after he gets booted, because he does seem like a really good guy, just not a good dancer.

I'm being silly, since I'm sure he'll never see this post, but congratulations to Victor for riding American Pharaoh to victory in the Breeders' Cup! They're calling it the Grand Slam of horse racing, and Victor and American Pharaoh are the first to ever achieve it. Amazing! (Everybody drink!)

• Love 6