Type keyword(s) to search

Show & Yell: You Can't Almost Spell 'All-Star' Without 'Paul Scheer'

• Start Topic

In defence of nanaparticles, or whatever her grandkids calls her, "you can get yourself clean" is an actual line from "Y.M.C.A." Just not the one Jane was looking for.

And I'm with Joe regarding Amy Smart. There was entirely too much, "How did they know that!? They're good! Oh my god!" going on with her.* Constance knew a Gloria Gaynor song, Amy, she didn't perform brain surgery live on stage. She also seemed pretty humorless when asked about her yoga.

* also known as "Ciara-ing"

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • Love 1

Um, I just LOVE this podcast. Joe and Tara, you guys are as obsessed with this show as I am. The only thing that could make these better would be special guest previous contestants to give you insider insight maybe? #PickME #ImAvailable #ImObsessed

Man, I completely agree with this line from the podcast: "Not a good idea for civilians to try to match celebrities' charisma." That perfectly says how I've felt for so long. I've often felt this way when watching a 'regular' person on a TV show -- like HGN, Whose Line, even Jeopardy -- who tries so hard to be funny or quirky. It rarely works.

To be fair Brian is a regional sales manager so I think that's just his personality to be "on" particularly when he is in front of a group be it his sales associates, clients, his friends at a party or the audience of HGN and not that he was looking to get discovered.

• Love 2

Wow, I guess I really wasn't paying attention because I didn't think anything of Brian's personality. I didn't notice him being overly annoying, except for the way he said a couple of answers in the bonus round. I must have been blocking out everything except Paul Scheer's dominance. haha

Once Joe pointed it out, I do agree that most of those celebs were targeted to bros. But I definitely did not expect Brian to get Blake Lively. Do bros watch Gossip Girl?

I also had no idea that Ed Harris was up on that screen with NPH. That one was very hard. And I agree that the race switching in that game is uncomfortable.

While I agree that Bobby was the best player from the other team, I was a little worried that he might talk over Paul in the final round. I was glad to see they worked well together.

Wow, I guess I really wasn't paying attention because I didn't think anything of Brian's personality. I didn't notice him being overly annoying, except for the way he said a couple of answers in the bonus round. I must have been blocking out everything except Paul Scheer's dominance. haha

Once Joe pointed it out, I do agree that most of those celebs were targeted to bros. But I definitely did not expect Brian to get Blake Lively. Do bros watch Gossip Girl?

I also had no idea that Ed Harris was up on that screen with NPH. That one was very hard. And I agree that the race switching in that game is uncomfortable.

While I agree that Bobby was the best player from the other team, I was a little worried that he might talk over Paul in the final round. I was glad to see they worked well together.

Eh, I don't care about race switching in the face change game. It works to make the game harder. As a black male, it doesn't offend me on that level either. As for the Lively point. You don't have to watch a show to be aware of people that are in it. That's all you need is to be aware of it. I don't think the last round was too bro. I mean, i feel like there is a lot of targeting towards the final round for things I almost never see.
  • Love 1

Actress in Green Lantern, would be a better clue for fanboy bros. Unfortunately, not many people saw the movie.... 

In defence of nanaparticles, or whatever her grandkids calls her, "you can get yourself clean" is an actual line from "Y.M.C.A." Just not the one Jane was looking for.

Yeah, during the episode I thought it was ridiculous that Jane was making fun of Ginger for those lyrics considering those are actually lyrics to the song. So in my living room at home I was mocking Jane Lynch for ignorantly (I assume) mocking Ginger. Then I was surprised to hear Tara also making fun of it. Is it really that big a goof to give lyrics from a different part of the song? It seems like an easy mistake to me and a lot less mockable than just making shit up, which some of the other people did.

Man, I completely agree with this line from the podcast: "Not a good idea for civilians to try to match celebrities' charisma."

Absolutely. Leave the mugging to the celebs. I didn't actually find Brian particularly obnoxious, but I think that's partly because after his intro I was bracing myself fort he worst and then when he wasn't totally over-the-top I was relieved.

Edited by smrou