Type keyword(s) to search

Show & Yell: Great Scott

• Start Topic

Already said this on Twitter, but I was all ready to come in here and ask if anyone thought Scott Wolf and David G already knew one another due to the RW/RR connection and then of course, Joe mentioned it. And I also first guessed Nine for the Annie clue, so that makes three of us.

I first guessed Nine as well! In fact, I didn't even think of Annie, so... yeah, I think if it had been guessed, it should have been an option for an answer.

Also: Tara, I'm so sorry about your arm! I hope it heals super fast. You'll be back to typing normal names in no time. (Though I will say I think it's awesome that the injury is due to badass roller derby and not, like, tripping over your own feet or something equally wacky. Heee.)

Edited by sinkwriter

"Hey Crisco, quit shortening it up" is a great line.

I know Jeopardy will occasionally accept an answer that's technically correct but not the one they were expecting (well, short of "three people who have never been in my kitchen"), either on the fly or with a judge's review after the next break (I think I read a description of a taping once that the breaks could be quite long if they're debating whether to reverse a decision and accept an answer). Not sure if any other game show does that. It would be exceedingly unlikely in Wheel of Fortune for an alternate answer to exactly match the number of words/letters, including all those showing and eliminated, and the category. I'd expect that "Nine" wouldn't have gotten the point for "Annie", and you have to match the answer they have.

There was definitely something weird going on between Jane and David Walton. There seems to be a weird edit in his interview/plug segment that led to him giving her a hug.

Edited by BobH

Aah! So many things of this whole experience are so surreal. Now my name is being mentioned in a podcast?! Crazy! This was an experience of a lifetime. I agree with so many insights mentioned, so I'm glad we're on the same page. Thanks for the support. Finally all the time spent watching TV/movies paid off. If only I knew my days of the week! :) 

• Love 4

Hey Kimo! Great job, I was rooting for you! Tara and Joe, I'll talk to you guys any time :-) Like Kimo said, it was an experience of a lifetime! So fun to actually play after watching it and playing along for so long!

• Love 2

Hi Kimo! That Take The Hint was a killer!

Tell me about it! My heart was racing when the game started because I knew how it was gonna end. :( 

PS. Sorry about the autocorrection of my name! :P

Hey Kimo! Great job, I was rooting for you! Tara and Joe, I'll talk to you guys any time :-) Like Kimo said, it was an experience of a lifetime! So fun to actually play after watching it and playing along for so long!

Hey Patty! So glad to be a part of the HGN family! Still can't believe it wasn't a dream. 

Ooh, now I'm having eager thoughts of a special episode of Show & Yell with former HGN civilian contestants discussing behind-the-scenes stuff with Tara and Joe. 

Edited by smrou
  • Love 2

I have a question that is probably for Dave - I am listening to the podcast but I don't actually watch the show. Would it be possible for the show notes that I see in my podcast app to include who the celebrities are (like how you do the times on the regular EHG episodes)? Sometimes I don't know who they are and if I could read their names it would be helpful for pre-googling so I would have an idea before Joe and Tara start talking about them. I am enjoying the show, guys! Thank you!