Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Tsunami (2)

thewhiteowl

I can't say the plot of this episode was a huge surprise (everything from Carolyn trying the Flatliner machines herself to her questioning the "findings" to her realizing the woman in the green scarf was indeed gone after all), but I still enjoyed watching the episode quite a bit. I liked that her husband found out about everything (but I'm sad that he's so angry with her right now, even though it's understandable and he's right that she does need some help with dealing with her son's death). I was surprised the daughter stood with her mom instead of yelling at her for taking such a risk that Carolyn could have died and she would have been left with no brother and no mother. I felt really bad for Zed.

And I admit I got a bit of a chill when Carolyn appeared back in Turing's hospital room after realizing that the woman with the green scarf was gone. The smile she had on her face was sweet and encouraging but also a little creepy! LOL. Mainly because I do worry for her mental health. She's becoming so obsessed with seeing Will again, I'm worried that this new finding will push her deeper into her obsession and she'll take even more risks. Especially now that she has no job, and I'm sure Turing will fund whatever she needs. The two of them might become a duo of obsessed seekers. 

I do hope this show gets a second season. I'm intrigued to see where it goes next. But if it doesn't continue, this is an interesting place to end things. It's kind of hopeful yet still leaves enough of a question mark that it's not insisting upon any particular option as absolute truth.

Side note: I wonder if the new woman with the beige scarf who's delivering the flowers is another like the woman with the green scarf or if she's just a regular volunteer. The actress played it vaguely enough that I felt a little suspicious of her character. LOL.

Edited by sinkwriter

I can't say the plot of this episode was a huge surprise (everything from Carolyn trying the Flatliner machines herself to her questioning the "findings" to her realizing the woman in the green scarf was indeed gone after all), but I still enjoyed watching the episode quite a bit. I liked that her husband found out about everything (but I'm sad that he's so angry with her right now, even though it's understandable and he's right that she does need some help with dealing with her son's death). I was surprised the daughter stood with her mom instead of yelling at her for taking such a risk that Carolyn could have died and she would have been left with no brother and no mother. I felt really bad for Zed.

Agreed.   I would add that the dad should be worried about his daughter's mental health as well as his wife's, since she seems to be as obsessed about seeing her brother again.

I feel sorry for Zed too.

And I admit I got a bit of a chill when Carolyn appeared back in Turing's hospital room after realizing that the woman with the green scarf was gone. The smile she had on her face was sweet and encouraging but also a little creepy! LOL. .

I am not sure if I like the bright light when something unexplained happens or if I find it heavy handed.

Ha! The moment that happened during the scene above, daughter walked in the room and said "that's a lens flare, right?"  (she's seen the Star Trek Reboot! movie enough times to recognize one now)

• Love 1
I was surprised the daughter stood with her mom instead of yelling at her for taking such a risk that Carolyn could have died and she would have been left with no brother and no mother.

So am I. I really expected her to be angry and yelling at her mom for almost killing herself and freaking

out that her mom "died" so she could see her son. That she'd rather die to see him then live to see

her. That obviously could give her daughter all kinds of issues. But agreeing with her. That wasn't

expected and but then once she did I really expected Carolyn to hear that and have it be what

snapped her out of it or lead her to realize she needs serious help. But no.

• Love 1