Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Boating With the Bates

• Start Topic

Chad's mother visits the new parents, Tori goes shopping with her grandma's gift card, Michael's bridal party dresses arrive, and the whole family enjoys a day at the lake.

Sorry, but that flower girl dress was hideous and looked like a potato sack.  I don't think I've ever seen such an ugly flower girl dress.

Gil is a badass on water skis.  

• Love 2

Yuck to the flower girl dresses. There are so many cute dresses for flower girls and that's what she ended up with???

I still can't get past the modesty swimwear. It's better than wearing jeans in the water or something, but it just seems uncomfortable. 

Yeah, I yelled out, "Burlap sack!" when Michael held up that poor girl's flower girl ensemble. The bridesmaid dress was awful as well. It read peach on my TV, not pink. Plus, who wears 3/4 sleeves in the Dog Days of August? She could have at least put them in cap sleeves, and no one would have objected. 

Yes, Gil can definitely shred on water skis. I was impressed. 

• Love 1

Chad's mom and Erin sound oddly alike.

I love how they said "Jannie" gave her the gift card, but it was obviously given to her by Burlington.

How cute is Bradley? He is such an adorable baby.

• Love 1

Re-watching last night's episode to get a better look at Michael's dresses, and I found the first Bates freebie: there was a commercial for Burlington right after the segment when Tori showed off her clothes. Okey doke...

LIttle girls' dresses still read as tiered burlap, and the bridesmaid dresses more orange than pink (lace overlay...gah). I don't have much hope that her dress will save this hot mess. Girl has NO sense of style.

• Love 2

I'm puzzled about how the Bates own a boat and two jet skis. How does a self-employed family with SO many kids afford those things?  Do you think they bought them after the TV money started coming in? Or that they buy broken things and then - with so many people - figure out how to fix them?  

And, yeah, the Burlington product placement was blatant. The Bates daughter even did a fashion show of the items. Maybe the flower girl dresses are being comped too, since the name of the website has been mentioned and now the dress has been modeled. 

• Love 1

I wouldn't be surprised if they bought the boat and jetskis from someone Gil worked for, and fixed them up.  That seems to be how they acquire a lot of stuff.

Good call on the Burlington product placement.  That did not occur to me, but it should have after Tori's unnecessary fashion show.

• Love 2