Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Iggy Azalea vs. Nick Young

Is this the first time someone who writes singer on the occupation line of their tax form has been on the show?

No. We've also had John Legend, Common, Queen Latifah, Salt n' Pepa, and Justin Bieber. (Not counting cameos by Jennifer Lopez, Meghan Trainer, and Bel Biv DeVoe.)
  • Love 2

I FFd through both Iggy's songs and Nick's first song. I didn't know them and they bored me. She and Nick Young may be in a relationship but it honestly felt awkward and uncomfortable. That one got deleted from my DVR. He was not a good lip syncer, but I liked his "Here I go again." To me the weakest of season 1. Even Tyson vs Crews was better than these two. 

Was a toss up either way. I think Iggy rocked the first song and did ok on the second. Nick rocked the power ballad, but if you're going to use the mic as a prop, you need to USE it as a prop. He kept dropping it away which broke the illusion for me. Otherwise he'd probably have been better off using a headset mic prop or something , even if it's an anacrhonism for the era of his song.

I FFd through both Iggy's songs and Nick's first song. I didn't know them and they bored me. She and Nick Young may be in a relationship but it honestly felt awkward and uncomfortable. That one got deleted from my DVR. He was not a good lip syncer, but I liked his "Here I go again." To me the weakest of season 1. Even Tyson vs Crews was better than these two. 

agreed on weakest. I admit i'm 45 and had only barely heard of IA. I recognize the name, but would have a hard time picking her out. And I could recite every boyfriend Jennifer Aniston or Gwyneth ever had, but I can't keep up with the youngsters.  Couple that with a hatred of professional basketball, and I hadn't a clue who her boyfriend was. #oldlady

I liked both of her songs - she at least looked like she was having a good time. Of course I thought her second song was some parody from Lonely Island....until I googled it. Did I mention I'm old? He was a horrible lip-syncer --- didn't even know the words! And if you're going to do Whitesnake, DO WHITESNAKE. Put on a blonde wig at least! That's what the second number is supposed to be! Pure cheese! The Tawny stand-in was poor. 

They clearly front-loaded the season to get people to tune in. At least Terence v Taraji next week looks like a blast!

• Love 1

To me the weakest of Season 1. Even Tyson Vs. Crews was better than these two.

And that was only because of Crews.

Lame episode. If they had to have a real-life couple on the show, then it should have been one that would have been much more fun to watch-like, say, Chris Pratt Vs. Anna Faris, Channing Tatum Vs. his wife Jenna Dewan Tatum or Ryan Reynolds Vs. Blake Lively.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4