Type keyword(s) to search

Watch A Supercut Of The Stars Whose Careers Were Launched On The Daily Show

To be fair, most of those listed don't have "mainstream" success. I was actually kind of surprised by Samantha Bee's inclusion. She was on the show forever and she also has a new show on TBS, but until that show comes out and does well, she's not really going to be well known beyond TDS fan circle. Same with Demitri Martin. What happened to him? Heck, Jason is a EP and starring in a TBS show coming out and he wasn't in the supercut. I don't think Lewis Black was included either and he's been on the show forever and he's everywhere. Same with Kristen Schaal.

Edited by solotrek
  • Love 2

Lots of weird omissions. No Matt Walsh? Rachael Harris? Dan Bakkedahl? Nancy Walls? Showalter? Lizz Winstead, for cryin' out loud?

Nancy Walls was from the Kilborn era, I'm pretty sure, and maybe Rachael Harris was too? I mean, so was Colbert, but you can't very well leave out the tied-for-biggest star ever to be a correspondent. But: I agree with you in general! I also don't know why Che's three seconds on The Daily Show merit his inclusion, particularly since he is TERRIBLE on SNL.

• Love 2

Nancy Walls was from the Kilborn era, I'm pretty sure

Walls worked a lot with Carrell-- they did the "I love Showbiz!!!" bits together (and she's married to him too) -- she fits. (Yeah, Che's inclusion made me think the people who did the cut owed him money or something.) Ahhh, I'm just grumbling and geek-obsessing over the fallacious use of 'supercut'. Phooey.

Nancy Walls joined in 1999 and Rachael Harris joined in 2002, so they weren't with Kilborn. Relatively few of the Kilborn people carried over as I recall. There was Colbert and Mo Rocca, who have already been mentioned. Beth Littleford stuck around for about a year. If we're counting the part-time contributors, then you can throw in Lewis Black and Frank DeCaro. I think that might be it.