Type keyword(s) to search

Meg Maley: Cute as a Button…and Just as Dumb

My thanks to Yogi Mantle in the Feeds thread, from whose post this title is adapted.  Even this is nicer than any titles I had in mind, because I just find her so effin' fake.  About all I can say for her is that she's not as mean as Jason and she has nice boobs.  But "Meg Maley: Nice. Boob." would probably have been a little too harsh.

Now watch, she'll get to F4.  (Pre-emptive sigh.)

• Love 1

Yeah, I was trying to think of a title for her too but there are no words to describe Meg. Someone brought up the opinion that she believes she's at a summer camp so I thought of something like Meg Maley: Welcome to Camp Big Brother! But eh, this title is just as accurate.

She is the dumbest houseguest this season. And we have Clay, of all people. Hey, maybe those two can get together. They're both vain and shallow enough, they're fake, emotional and they suck at the game.

• Love 2

She is the dumbest houseguest this season. And we have Clay, of all people. Hey, maybe those two can get together. They're both vain and shallow enough, they're fake, emotional and they suck at the game.

Aaaand cue last night's scene. I want Shelli to go just to maybe get some Clay/Meg.

I had high hopes for her but she started losing me when she first wore her rapist glasses (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcyNANK5cY). Then her whole summer camp attitude brought back memories of Victoria. She thinks she's got this final 8 (8!) alliance with Vanessa and that made me lose any like I had for her. The fact that she relies on this (fake) alliancevmade the first week and doesn't worry about playing the game and just assumes shes safe makes me lose any interest. It's just one big social summer party to her.

Edited by ShaNaeNae

She grew up in a town 15 min from me and her dad is the current Mayor.  Small town feel for being right outside Philadelphia.  Many from around here (like Kelly Ripa who was a couple years behind me in high school), just want to get out and get to NYC.

Def not in it to win it.  Think she is just here for exposure for her fledgling youtube career.

Also, does anyone else notice how she walks?  Reminds me of a coworker's daughter who is 4 and always walks on her tiptoes.

I think she said on the feeds that shortly before she came into the house, she had surgery on her foot. So her walk is weird bc she's still recovering.

(edited)

I've read it's her knee.  She supposedly has arthritis (see Jason's comment about her "jelly leg"), which would be odd at her age, but not unheard of.

She says she owes her being on the show to being best friends with Frankie Grande's best friend (she named Frankie as her favorite HG) and she's also met others from the S16 cast.  She's friends with two-time (S22, S26) Survivor vet Andrea Boehlke (who can be seen in the "Meg gets her key" segment in episode 17.01) and they even did this video together:

(I've only ever seen it called St. Paddy's Day, but whatever.)  So those who think she's more in this for the TV hosting possibilities may be right.  The fact that she's from Kelly Ripa's hometown fits right in, I guess.  (Sigh.)

ETA:  More of Meg being desperate.  (I mean, "charming".  I meant charming.  Honest.) :

Meg talks about hosting for Allywire and how she goes to cities around the country and drinks beer.  Clearly it's obvious she's from South Jersey, because any true New Yorker (even from the suburbs) would never name Chicago as her favorite non-New York city.  (Bunch of try-hards.  When A.J. Liebling named it "The Second City", he was not being complimentary.)

The girls from "Movie Talk Show", which seems to resemble nothing so much as a wretched Saturday Night Live skit, have Meg on to talk about her cringe-worthy "Fruitflies" web series.  Meg doesn't appear to have the heart to point out that a web series is nothing like a movie, so we get long giggly chats about the three gays Meg lives with and how clean they are and what great accessories they make and other dehumanizing stereotypes.  (I didn't stick around long enough to find out if Meg's gays actually have names or anything that would qualify them as actual individuals, rather than props.)

Meg returns to the scene of the crime to hang with Lesley and Carrie and some other annoying person.  (Actually, given that they're all wearing the same outfits, it's probably a different episode, but shot the same day.)  Barely made it 15 seconds into this one, even after skipping the intro segment.  The good news is that the sound is almost inaudible…

Edited by DAngelus

I think she said on the feeds that shortly before she came into the house, she had surgery on her foot. So her walk is weird bc she's still recovering.

Peachmangosteen said in Wednesday's episode thread that she has psoriatic arthritis, so the foot surgery might have been as a result of that.

Now that she's been able to fulfill her dream of kissing her summer camp crush, maybe she'll want to go home.

I've paid almost no attention to Meg, because she's pretty much a non-entity on this show.  I know they call her Grandma in the house, and I thought it was harmless enough.   I finally figured out they call her that because she has arthritis.  I've read both psoriatic arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.  Which ever one she has, it's not the typical wear and tear arthritis that the elderly experience.  Both RA and PA are autoimmune diseases, and as someone who experienced JRA, I'm a little pissed on her behalf.  The pain and damage to your joints is no laughing matter, and there's also no cure.  I looked a little closer at Meg, and she seems to have slight chipmunk cheeks, which is a common side effect of steroids.

• Love 1

Which ever one she has, it's not the typical wear and tear arthritis that the elderly experience.  Both RA and PA are autoimmune diseases, and as someone who experienced JRA, I'm a little pissed on her behalf.  The pain and damage to your joints is no laughing matter, and there's also no cure.  

Yeah, I've made it clear that Meg is my least-favorite of the remaining HGs, but I thought tonight's ep was in pretty poor taste.  Ha-ha, the girl with the arthritic knee fell!  Isn't that high-larious?  Um, no.

Johnny Mac gently bopping Meg with a beach ball is fine; the show making comedy out of the fact that Meg's leg is kind of messed up is…not really fine, IMO.  With Becky and the "train" jokes, it's something she's overcome.  With Meg, it's something she might have to live with for the rest of her life.  Ease up, show. JMO.

• Love 3

Yeah, I've made it clear that Meg is my least-favorite of the remaining HGs, but I thought tonight's ep was in pretty poor taste.  Ha-ha, the girl with the arthritic knee fell!  Isn't that high-larious?  Um, no.

Johnny Mac gently bopping Meg with a beach ball is fine; the show making comedy out of the fact that Meg's leg is kind of messed up is…not really fine, IMO.  With Becky and the "train" jokes, it's something she's overcome.  With Meg, it's something she might have to live with for the rest of her life.  Ease up, show. JMO.

Swear to god - I don't know how she avoided a concussion on that fall. Or if she did.

Yes, it's one thing for her to make fun of herself, and for the houseguests who know her and have become friends with her to go along with that. My family has a morbid sense of humor like that, so I'm comfortable with that. But the show doesn't have that relationship with her, and hasn't bothered to explain the underlying condition. I'd bet that Meg wouldn't mind if she knew about it, but her family might be upset on her behalf.

Swear to god - I don't know how she avoided a concussion on that fall. Or if she did.

I'm a nurse, and I was yelling - where's the medic.  I cannot believe how cavalier they are. 

Yes, it's one thing for her to make fun of herself, and for the houseguests who know her and have become friends with her to go along with that. My family has a morbid sense of humor like that, so I'm comfortable with that. But the show doesn't have that relationship with her, and hasn't bothered to explain the underlying condition. I'd bet that Meg wouldn't mind if she knew about it, but her family might be upset on her behalf.

Per Joker's, Meg expressed to someone that she thought "Grandma" would only last a day, and her name is Meg if anyone cares to use it.  Sounds to me that she's pretty sick of the nickname.  Steve even apologized to her for calling her grandma during a comp, where it might be aired on the show.

• Love 1

I'm a nurse, and I was yelling - where's the medic.  I cannot believe how cavalier they are. 

Echo echo. I was shocked they didn't have someone on her ASAP holding C-spine. The position of her neck on that hit was begging for an X-ray.

Per Joker's, Meg expressed to someone that she thought "Grandma" would only last a day, and her name is Meg if anyone cares to use it.  Sounds to me that she's pretty sick of the nickname.  Steve even apologized to her for calling her grandma during a comp, where it might be aired on the show.

Originally it started out as a joke about Meg's glasses - and if it had stayed that, she'd probably have been right. Her arthritis also chose that singularly inappropriate time to rear its ugly head, however, and she was due (overdue?) for her knee shots - so the Grandma parallel (pardon the pun) grew legs of its own.

• Love 2

Wasn't sure where to put this, in the media or under her thread.  I was paging through "Arthritis Today" at the doctor's office and found an article about Meg--can't find that specific article online but these blog posts basically says the same stuff:  

Post #1

Post #2

And I say good for her for both helping to educate people re psoriatic arthritis, and for dating Mike Holloway from Survivor!  

• Love 2