Type keyword(s) to search

S14: Joseph Charles Poli

• Start Topic

While I can understand him wanting Merline to be a bit less active and a little less loud this would have been his perfect opportunity to work with her and actually be part of a team. And, bonus, maybe learn something!

The quote below is from his Lifetime profile linked in this thread's initial post.

"Weaknesses as a designer?

Use of volume and color."

Asshole.

I can't even tell you how insulting it is to have this jackass announce that his jacked-up housecoat was important fashion because someone has to dress me. Yes, someone does. But since I'm not a size zero and your creation made your sylphlike model look blocky, it will not be you. Even if you do decide to design in a color my MIL doesn't have a velour track suit in.

• Love 4

I can't even tell you how insulting it is to have this jackass announce that his jacked-up housecoat was important fashion because someone has to dress me. Yes, someone does. But since I'm not a size zero and your creation made your sylphlike model look blocky, it will not be you. Even if you do decide to design in a color my MIL doesn't have a velour track suit in.

I'm discovering as I get um, cough (older) cough... that I have a real problem finding colors that flatter me NOT look like Mother of the Bride, mumsy, queen mother, matronly, etc. It doesn't help that after being a skinny ruler shape for most of my life, then a pear at 40-50, that I'm getting a belly and turning in an apple shape. There's something about the apple shape in general that seems to make us look "matronly" all by itself. Gaining weight around the middle specifically is so common in "women of a certain age" even when they didn't always have that shape.

So when the "Soft Summer" colors (ie - muted, medium value, cool color range) are what looks good on you, AND you are developing that "middle-age belly with boxy hips" thing (speaking for myself) style is even MORE important to avoid looking "matronly".

I could totally rock that muted lavender (based on my tv color) but not in such a staid design and so POORLY fit! OMG, that was the WORST part! How can he be SO bad at fitting a garment to a person's body if he has designed for "real women" who theoretically have curves and bulges?

Oh, I remember.. It was all Merline's fault. (eyeroll)

On.. and he's a tool... not the useful kind.

• Love 2

You know what is kind of weird? I noticed on rewatch that the dress, while still not attractive, really fit well on the dress form. I remember when I watched it the first time that I was surprised at the poor fit on the runway - maybe that was why.