Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Justin Bieber vs. Deion Sanders

Wow, I'm surprised he gave it to Sanders. It was surprisingly close and a valid tie. Frankly, I gave the first round to Sanders, but the Beib rocked Crazy Train and had the sweet spot. Between that and the crowd, I would have thought it was a slam dunk for him. (And I despise Beiber; at least we didn't have to hear him sing!) 

• Love 2

Wow, I'm surprised he gave it to Sanders. It was surprisingly close and a valid tie. Frankly, I gave the first round to Sanders, but the Beib rocked Crazy Train and had the sweet spot. Between that and the crowd, I would have thought it was a slam dunk for him. (And I despise Beiber; at least we didn't have to hear him sing!) 

I agree with every sentiment here! I am not a Bieber fan at all, but he committed to it - and CT was super fun. I'm glad LL gave it to Prime TIme. And DS was trying to be gracious by saying it was a tie and then of course Bieber had to be a douche and say that he thought he won. Rise above, punk.

Willie Geist as Cool James??? yes, please.

My disgust/bewilderment/WTF-ness of Chrissy continues apace.

• Love 1

I've got to hand it to Justin.  He did very well in both rounds  Heck, I actually thought he was SINGING the first song.  Give the boy credit, he knows how to work a crowd. 

Sanders was one of the better athlete performers on the show.  His take on "Like a Virgin" was most impressive.  However, I also thought that Justin was the better performer this time.  Sanders would have destroyed Tyson or Stahan. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, he committed.

And yet Bieber was STILL enough of a douche to make sure he pulled his shirt up within 15 seconds of walking out on stage.

Also, he's been taking Stupid Hat tips from Pharrell, has't he?

My disgust/bewilderment/WTF-ness of Chrissy continues apace.

Hey, she's reliable...

We can always rely on her to act like a 15 year old.

Speaking of age.... I wonder who came up with the idea of the 47 year old Deion Sanders vs. the 21 year old Bieber.  Their demographics have nothing in common.  Maybe that was on purpose (in some misguided attempt to get both old and young watching).

Edited by Kromm
(edited)

Maybe Bieber has no friends?

I was shocked that I didn't totally hate him on this, honestly.

Given that this show gets big stars (and we have to admit he is one, even if he's also a worm), I wondered if they didn't try and get his alleged pal Miley Cyrus (Selina Gomez breaks up with his ass semi-regularly so it's not like they could count on using her).

I found myself wondering if we were supposed to laugh at the part where Bieber declared "I should have won".  He doesn't quite have the panache to carry off "egotism as deliberate comedy", but I suppose that could have been an attempt at it (or it was real).

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1