Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Redemption Road

(edited)

Welp, actually there are many marathon eppys all day in a row sun 6.28 naked and afraid XL starting at 10 am according to dvr. Then another at 11 and another at noon anc etc. So this is probably a E11, E12, and E 13 etc etc alll together unless we need separate threads? Do we need individual threads? Idk. It is all apparently cast of XL, one after the other snd they all get their own eppy I guess.

They are all described as "cast revealed" eppys.

The 10 am eppy is labeled "alana barfield" She tells the veiwer straight up that she is worried about the dude being attracted to her.... bc..... she is so hot? Her partner is named Keith who is not listed in the eppy title for whatever reason idk

Location Fiji.

Edited by ari333

I totally wou,ld not have known about any of these XL cast episodes if the dvr hadnt caught them. Hope it doesnt blow.... as marathons go, I mean. Summer tv is kind of slim pickens so I may give it a go if I feel bored . ;)

(edited)

Ok here is fhe line up if anyone cares heh,

XL cast

Sorry the caps key is wonky on me today.

alana barfield

hakim isler

e. j. synder

shane lewis

honora bowen

eva rupert

laura zerra

luke mclaughlin

dani julian

jeff zausch

chris fischer

danielle beauchmin

Some of tbese sound familiar

Edited by ari333

Some of tbese sound familiar

I agree.  How many Honoras can there be?  

So, not paying attention, what is XL?  Are they all going to be out together Survivor style?  Does is really take a full hour to meet each cast member?

My DVR had a million episodes of N&A listed as set to record today & I cancelled them. I suppose that was all the contestant announcements. I went to the Discovery website but didn't want to watch a bunch of bios. (It's Sunday & I'm feeling lazy even in the viewing department!) So I googled & People has a quick & dirty look at the bios. It also lists the start date as July 12 & describes the premise as:

As implied by its title, the competition is supersized, with 12 survivalists (six men and six women) enduring 40 days in the wild without the comfort or convenience of food, water and clothing.

• Love 1
(edited)

So the cast introduction episodes are just repeat episodes, I'm guessing to refamiliarize viewers with cast who will be on the XL episodes.

Alana immediately starts working my last nerve, just like she did the first time I watched her episode, lol.

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh, and I can't wait for the XL episides---some of my most and least favorite players will be featured, "most" being Laura, Hakim, EJ,& "least" being Honora, Alana, and Phaedra.

Edited to add Phaedra, because I'd forgotten how childish she acted, especially after Hakim was so caring and thoughtful.

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 1

So this marathon was just a string of reruns that the dvr labeled as new for some reason BAH Apparently they wanted to remind viewers of the personalities slated to be in the XL show. With 12 people and 40 days it could be train wreck worthy and snarka licious.

Thanks. I m watch the 10 pm eppy then.

I don't think Phaedra made the cast of 12, did she? Was she the Miley 2.0 woman?

Ari

Yes, she is Miley 2.0, and you're correct - - she won't be on XL. (Her partner Hakim, aka Black McGuyver will be.. )

It's going to be interesting to see how these personalities mesh on the XL episodes.

I'll be watching to see if any assholish behaviors pop up from the same people as before. It's easy to explain it away once, but not so much when it happens repeatedly.

The dynamic will be fun to watch. Will the group splinter ala "Lord of the Flies" ? If so, who will be Piggy?

• Love 2

Ari

Yes, she is Miley 2.0, and you're correct - - she won't be on XL. (Her partner Hakim, aka Black McGuyver will be.. )

It's going to be interesting to see how these personalities mesh on the XL episodes.

I'll be watching to see if any assholish behaviors pop up from the same people as before. It's easy to explain it away once, but not so much when it happens repeatedly.

The dynamic will be fun to watch. Will the group splinter ala "Lord of the Flies" ? If so, who will be Piggy?

omg yes! This! We will be watching for the same reasons. The xl show has potential for being a little more interesting or at least the thread here will be fun with you guys. Heh

• Love 1

I thought for sure she was going to tap out again when she complained about not being able to open her eyes. At least she was smart enough to build the 2nd shelter on the higher ground.

What I don't understand is how she was wearing a woven top and grass (?) skirt by day 2 when she couldn't open her eyes? No way her lacklustre partner made them for her, you don't often see two people less interested in each other's welfare.

Quick little explanation of last weekend's marathon.

None of the episodes they showed that day, except the last one, were new.

They were rerunning all 11 of the episodes featuring the 12 survivalists for Naked and Afraid XL. (Two of them, Jeff and Eva, were in the same episode).

Each hour included a preview commercial showing footage from Naked and Afraid XL, centered around each one of the survivalists.

So there was new material.  Just not new episodes.  Except for the last one that brought back AK from the failed Amazon challenge.

Actually, the 12 survivalists won't be paired off starting out. This time, they get dropped off in the wilderness alone with two survival items each.  They get told that others are out there, but there's no directions given as to where they might meet a partner.  Potentially, they could decide to go it alone.

Of course the ads have already spoiled some of the teams that do form.

• Love 2

The first preview has been posted on-line.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/naked-and-afraid-xl/videos/extended-sneak-peek/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Naked&Afraid

Slight correction - it seems they did put the survivalists into trios and are giving them a group PSR based on how well they work together.  The groups are...

Alana, Dani B. and Shane

Dani J, Eva and Laura

E.J., Hakim and Jeff
Chris, Honora and Luke.

The first video focuses on Alana, Dani B. and Shane.  Shane is looking more unbalanced than ever.

• Love 2