Type keyword(s) to search

Quotes: "You're the Panty Police?"

• Start Topic

Feel free to add any old quotes here!

Quotes from S10.E17: Do You Know?

Alex: You got a dog?
Cristina: Yes.
Alex: That thing's going to be dead in a week.
Ross: You named your dog Mrs. Rodriguez?
Cristina: When you meet him, you'll understand.
Alex: Meet him soon before he dies.

Cristina: So now we're back where we started. I never give you anything so the terms under which we're together are that your dreams die.

Cristina: Do you know who you are? Do you know what has happened to you? Do you want to live this way?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Yang is the only character that has remained true to who she is. Even during the Burke fiasco she recognized she was doing something against who she was at the core. The scene where she is being cut out of her dress is symbolic: Peel of what isnt you! She was desperate to get it off, relieved to be free, and uncertain if she would ever be allowed to just be. I love that moment. The sheer horror of realizing she was free and relieved by it. gets me every time!

• Love 1
(edited)

Intern: Dr. Yang? I'm an intern here. I just wanted to say congratulations. You are totally going to win.
Cristina: Are you from the future?
Intern: No.
Cristina: Then shut up!
Meredith: She means thank you.
Stephanie: I'm going to thank my parents, obviously.

Jo: Why? They didn't help you win the Harper Avery.
Stephanie: They gave birth to me. They should be publicly acknowledged.
Jo: I don't have parents so not going to waste any of my speech on them. It's going to be all about me. Humble but -
Stephanie: Self involved.
Jo: Exactly!

Leah: I remember being in medical school looking at these old medical journals and seeing a picture of [Ellis Grey] the first time she won. She was young. She was like 35 or something. I'm almost 35.
Stephanie: You're 27.

Meredith: I wore waterproof mascara today because I was sure I wouldn't make it through the day without crying. And if anybody saw me, I would say that I'm crying because I'm happy for her. And they would believe me because does a jealous friend plan a champagne toast?
Derek: You planned a champagne toast to cover up your jealousy? You're a genius.
Meredith: You should call the Harper Avery people. Maybe they'll give me an award.

Jo: Omigawd, you called Butthole!

Bailey: Yang! Congratulations on the Harper Avery.
Cristina: Oh, it's just a nomination.
Bailey: Cristina Yang, I taught you better than that! When someone congratulates you, you look them in the eye and smile and say, "Thank you."

(edited)

Kid patient: It's kind of braggy.
Cristina: Oh, it's supposed to be braggy. I'm winning an award.

Patient with knife in his head: Hey, doc, you figure out how you're gonna get these bastards out of my noggin?
Derek: Yes, it will be a very careful, very precise yank.
Jo: Oh, me! Me me me!

Cristina: Do I have to do that thing where I acknowledge the losers? Cause I have like five minutes. I don't want to waste it on people I don't even know.

Meredith: Alex, you're still here?
Alex: Night shift. You're still here?
Cristina: Yes, we're all still here obviously.
Alex: I always figured I'd read about you winning the Harper Avery. I didn't think I'd be operating with you the night before you won it.
Meredith: When is the last time we all pulled an all nighter together? Third year?
Cristina: Look at us now. You've got two kids.
Meredith: You're about to win a Harper Avery! And Alex...
Cristina: Oh, sad.
Alex: Shut up. I got my own stuff.
Meredith: What stuff?
Cristina: Oh, lying's sadder.
Alex: A private practice is interested in me and I think I'm going to take it.
Cristina: Private practice? Why would you want to do that?
Meredith: Is this the butt hole guy?
Alex: Because my fellowship is ending and it's a crapload of money. And I didn't come from a rich family like you and I'm probably not going to win a Harper Avery any time soon.
Cristina: Mmm, that's true.
Alex: Screw you.
Cristina: She might.
Meredith: Might? Screw you.

Derek: Doctors don't cry in hallways. We have stairwells for that.

Cristina: I made a mistake. I don't want to be here alone. You should be here. We should be drunk. Why aren't we drunk? And I want Owen here. He could, like, hold my purse and tell me things. Omigawd, and tell me to wear deodorant. I forgot to wear deodorant and now I stink.

(edited)

Cristina: Hey, you're probably asleep or something. I have no idea what time it is there. I barely know what day it is. I LOVE Zurich! Well, what I've seen of it, which is my hotel room. But Meredith, it is HUGE! This bed is like a giant's bed or something. If a giant were rich and liked weird shaped pillows. I have slept for 24 hours. Literally. Oh, and I have to give my talk, which is in a few hours and then I'm flying back -
Meredith: So you can't get my chocolates.
Cristina: So I don't think I'm going to have time to get you your stuff-
Meredith: Just get it at the airport.
Cristina: Wait, you know what, maybe I can just grab some at the airport.

Arizona: Ooh, Rainbow. I'm going to add that to my list of baby names.
April: Really?
Arizona: Yup, right after Bubba, Tulio, and Agamemnon.
April: Agamemnon. That, that is, that's pretty.
Arizona: No, it's not. It's child abuse. But Callie keeps shooting down all the cute names that I suggest so my new strategy is to bury the cute names in a sea of of terrible ones. So Zamboni, Hashtag, Dear.

Burke: I no longer have the ability to interpret your noises.

• Love 2
(edited)

Leah: You're a mess? I've gained eight pounds this week.
Ben: You could stop eating.

Bailey: Yang, I gave a patient a stem cell transplant using deactivated HIV as a viral vector in order to cure his SKID. I did so against his parents' wishes.
Yang: Whoa. Did it work?
Bailey: Damn right it did.
Yang: Up top!
Bailey: I've just informed the board.

Dancer patient: So you want to give me a bionic butthole?

(edited)

Cristina: You made me late already!
Owen: No, Meredith made you late. You were out drinking until 2 in the morning.
Cristina: Well, because that was our big goodbye!

Cristina voiceover: You know how people say, "Who knows? I could get hit by a bus tomorrow"? That seems pretty far fetched until you have a friend who got hit by a bus.

Jo: Are you really a boat guy?
Alex: How should I know? I've never had a boat.

Arizona: Are you going to be Dr. Junior Butthole?

April: I will work until [the baby] drops out of me. Kepners are built to have babies. We drop them in fields.

Cristina: How are you doing to cope with it?
Alex: What?
Cristina: The boredom. Making buttholes will be your whole career. How will you not stick your head in the oven?
Alex: Screw you. I'll cry about it on my boat.

Cristina: George is dead and Izzy is gone. It is supposed to be you and me and Alex.

Cristina: I thought you were competent. Well, no. When you got here, I thought you were an imbecile but you got competent like a decent handyman. It's like putting all that talent in a drawer. So maybe you ARE an imbecile. Gawd, what a relief. I'm still right.

Meredith: It was an accident, gas main, so no different than a train derailment or a ferry boat crash.

Shane: I quit. Respectfully.

Meredith: What do you need? An "I love you" or something? I love you.

Cristina: We'll call each other at least twice a month and we'll text all the time.
Meredith: I hate texting.
Cristina: Text me! And don't let Owen get all dark and twisty. Take care of him. And Alex. Take care of Alex. He needs to be mocked at least once a day or he'll be insufferable. Don't get on any little tiny planes that can crash or stick your hand in a body cavity that has a bomb in it or offer your life to a gunman! Don't do that. Don't be a hero. You're my person. I need you alive. You make me brave. Okay. Now we dance it out.

Cristina: You are a gifted surgeon with an extraordinary mind. Don't let what he wants eclipse what you need. He's very dreamy. But he is not the sun. You are.

Derek: You're being selfish.
Meredith: Well I have to be, Derek, because you believe that your career is more important than mine.

• Love 7

Meredith: I don't care about your boobs, Wilson.

Alex: You can't break into my house, wake me up to talk, and then tell me to shut up.

April: He's dying inside.
Jackson: No, he seems fine.
April: Well, sure, he's a soldier. He's stuffing everything down but he needs a buddy. You could be his buddy!
Jackson: Nope.
April: Come on! How would you feel if I were the one who left? You lying awake at night in your empty bed.
Jackson: What kind of buddy are you asking me to be?

Callie: They're sitting in each other's laps with no pants. Why aren't you wearing any pants?
Arizona: Well, I'll give you one little guess.
Owen: We're going to need to give them both c spines. Who's going to climb in there?
Callie & Arizona: NOT IT.

Geena Davis: Like the teens in the parking lot? How are they?
Arizona: They're fine.
Callie: They're morons.

Meredith: Pierce is no Yang. She's perky and chatty and I bet she likes cats.

Weber: You...have...very steady hands.
Owen: Thank you...?
Weber: Have you ever played Jenga? Where you stack the little bricks and you try not to make them fall?
Owen: Uh, yeah.
Weber: You should come over some time. I'll make snacks.

Derek: Oh, did you catch the game last night?
Owen: What game?
Derek: Wasn't there a game?
Owen: I don't know. I just asked you.
Derek: Alright, screw this. See, Kepner is worried about you. She asked me to take you out.
Owen: Like a date?
Derek: No, not a date. It's like a man date thing. Not like a date.

Alex: Grab your stuff. We're going drinking.
Meredith: Oh, I can't. I have to go home.
Alex: And fight with Shepherd? I think you need to whine about it some more to me first. You definitely need to drink.

Meredith: What are you afraid of?
Alex: I'm afraid you're going to keep crawling into my bed in the middle of the night. Yang left me her shares and her board seat and she left me you too. It's just us now.

• Love 3
(edited)

Maggie: Meredith Grey has an adopted daughter!
Weber: I know this.
Maggie: Well, I didn't!

Arizona: I'm sorry.
Maggie: About what? I wasn't listening.
Arizona: You're nice. And full of crap.

Amelia: I've had good sex, but not put you in the hospital sex. I feel like I'm missing out. I mean, I don't want a stroke but I'd like to get close.

• Love 4
(edited)

Alex: Get out! I'm naked here!z
Meredith: Okay, so what? I've seen it before. No big deal! I'm in crisis! [looks down] Okay, fine, your junk is spectacular. Jo is a very lucky girl. Can we get back to me now? Why are you making that face?
Alex: Mere, I realize I said that I would take over as your person. Maybe that means I have to buy your tampons and act like your husband's hair is special and crap.

Alex: Maybe [Pierce] thinks there's money to inherit.
Meredith: The only thing you inherit in this family is Alzheimer's.

Alex: You know who you should ask about this? The guy who was banging your mom back then.

Alex: It's Bailey!
Meredith: Bailey did deliver my baby and save my life. What have you ever done?
Alex: Why aren't you at your own house drinking and having bitch baby tears about your fake sister with your husband?

Meredith: I'm the sun and he can suck it!

Owen: I owe you an apology.
Callie: Were you going to give me one or is this just a heads up?

• Love 4
(edited)

Callie: It's called an in home separation. We live in the same house. We trade off caring for Sophia. We just can't talk or have sex.
Meredith: That's exactly what Derek and I are doing, only healthy.
Callie: Oh. Well, cheers to that. Good men in the storm. What's so good men in the storm about a break?

Meredith: How was your day today, Meredith? Did you cure death today, Meredith? When are you going to cure death, Meredith? I could have cured death if you let me move to DC and work for the president.

Callie: So I'm bisexual! So what? It's a thing and it's real. I mean, it's called LGBTQ for a reason. There's a B in there and it doesn't mean badass. Okay, it kind of does but it also means bi.

Meredith: My mom and the chief were doing it all over the hospital. All over the hospital like me and Derek cheating on Addison. I'm a legacy cheater.

Callie: Maybe Sophia will be a legacy cheater. Everyone in this hospital has cheated on me. Every single person I have ever married has cheated on me, all, uhhh, two of them. Yeah.

Meredith: Cristina was the third rail in our marriage - dangerous, fully charged, could kill us, but necessary for us to keep going. She got me. You think it's possible that my one true love in my life is a girl?
Callie: Did you get excited by her vagina?
Meredith: No.
Callie: Then no.
Meredith: Good point. Vagiiiina, va va.
Callie: Vagiiiina!
Meredith: Sing it.
Callie and Meredith: Va va vagiiiina!
Callie: Vagiiiiiiiiinaaaaaaa.
Meredith: It's a weird word.
Callie: I think it sounds pretty. People should say it more. Oh gawd, I miss sex.
Meredith: I'm hot. My husband's an idiot. [takes another shot] That might come back up.

• Love 5
(edited)

Alex: Do I have to learn it from Dr. Butthole?

Oliver: Dr. Butthole has arrived! I get that a lot. Also Dr. Poop Chute, Dr. Rear Gear, Dr. Rump Chump, but my favorite - the Sphincter Fairy.

Jackson: April! I know how to be sick!

Alex: Back off, Scrooge McDuck!
Jo: Your face is Scrooge McDuck!

• Love 1
(edited)

Derek: [Maggie] still calls you "Dr. Grey"?
Meredith: That's my name.
Derek: You should invite her over for dinner.
Meredith: Why?
Derek: She's family.
Meredith: Ish.
Derek: Dinner tomorrow night. It's what people do.
Meredith: What people?

Derek: Zola needs more black people in the family because I'm running out of ways to braid her hair and Bailey won't show me anymore.

April: You are the last person who gets to lecture me on avoiding my mother.
Jackson: That's not true. Mine is a nightmare and yours is the sweetest person I've ever met.

• Love 4

Weber: I don't know what else to do. I apologized, which she seemed to hear, but the next move is hers. At this point, I just have to sit here and wait for her to come to me.
Bailey: Oh, good idea. Just sit still and stare like a creep. That'll get you nothing more than hardened arteries and a restraining order.

Weber: Shepherd screwed me again.
Bailey: I don't care for the way that sounds.

Bailey: Kale rage talking!

• Love 1
(edited)

Amy: It's a big cliff. You just gotta leap.

Arizona: I stole medical records. I racked up about a thousand HIPAA violations. It's not a cliff. That's prison and I'm too pretty for prison.

Karev: Why do you keep saying "we"? You're not doing anything at all. He's a kid.
Bailey: You don't tell me what I'm doing and not doing. You're a kid!

Herman: I left you alone for a few minutes. Will I find my wallet in your back pocket?

Alex: I stole a car once. I was 12. Didn't make it two blocks.
Jo: What stopped you?
Alex: A dumpster.

Alex: I stole a bunch of stuff and I turned out okay.

(edited)

Meredith: Residents are boring. All they want to do is learn.

Jo: They're adorable!
Meredith: They're weirdos.

Herman: Well you certainly are confident.
Amelia: Thank you.
Herman: Or delusional. One of the two. It's hard to tell. They look so similar.

Callie: Her vibes? You didn't feel her vibes? Major vibeage for Major Hunt.
Owen: You read that totally wrong.
Callie: Oh, please. "Your project is sexy as hell. Ooh, let's climb into bed." I was actually uncomfortable.
Owen: Stop it.

Stephanie: Didn't five surgeons say any one of these approaches would likely kill the patient?
Amelia: Six. But none of them tried it all at the same time! It should work.

Meredith: Holy crap.
Maggie: What?
Bailey: She's having an idea.
Meredith: I already had it. Last year, and it's brilliant!

Jackson: You called your mom?
April: Yeah. People need their mom in a crisis.
Jackson: Nope, not everyone does.

Sexy tech rep: I would say there's something about him that doesn't quite feel like he's my type.
Callie: What? No! [Owen]'s very attractive. He's nice. He's funny. People like funny, right? Come on, give him a chance. What about him isn't your type?
Sexy tech rep: He has a penis.

Meredith: It's like I don't know how to sleep alone.
Amelia: You don't. Before three months ago, anytime I called your house or came over or skyped or whatever, Cristina was there. There's no way you ever slept alone. I mean, you had Derek and if you didn't have Derek you had Cristina. I'm guessing if it came down to it, you were the middle spoon in the middle of a very weird spooning situation.

Bailey: Ben snores and sometimes he talks in his sleep. And he's hot, like a furnace, like flames shooting out of him. He's lucky I love him and he's a resident and hardly home at night or he'd be dead.

Meredith: Maybe I could print a Derek. Just for sleeping.

Owen: I pulled that icicle out of [Cristina]'s chest. I bathed her when she couldn't bathe herself. I can't imagine belonging to anyone like that again.

• Love 1

Jackson: Anderson?
April: That's a last name as a first name. I hate last names as first names.
Jackson: I have a last name as a first name.

April: I know he's your favorite uncle but you can't name a child Norbert. Norbert's the kid that gets his lunch money stolen. He's the kid that gets punched on the playground. That's not going to be our kid.

Bailey: What happened to this damn lab results?
Ben: I don't know. I gave them to an intern.
Bailey: I gave them to you, not to an intern so YOU better damn well find out what happened to them.

Brenda: I'm having a baby? They told me I can't have babies.
Callie: Well, they were wrong. You can and you are.

Herman: Robbins, let's go scrub.
Arizona: Coming. Listen, just talk to her. And maybe buy her a robe.
Alex: Why would I do that?
Herman: Is this about the naked resident? Oh, you and WIlson, you're a thing.
Alex: And Robbins can get handsy with the residents.
Herman: Really?
Arizona: I do not!
Alex: Last year she got handsy. HR got involved. There are policies now.
Herman: Because of you? Robbins, that's incredible!
Arizona: It's not. Both of you, stop, okay? Alex, it's inappropriate. She's a resident. I'm her superior. I'm a girl who likes girls. It just puts us in a very awkward position and you should respect that.
Alex: I'm kinda down for whatever happens.
Arizona: I'm gonna kill you.
Jo: Hey.
Alex: You need to start putting on pants around the house cause Robbins keeps checking out your ass.
Arizona: No, no, you don't need to put pants on. Your ass is fine.
Herman: See? That's reportable.

Katherine: [April] doesn't need space so much as the illusion of space. You should do what I do. Stay out of her way but not too far. Find something else to occupy your mind. Work is good. Be close but just out of sight. And you'll be there for her when she's ready.
Avery: Okay, I'm pretty sure what you just described is stalking.

Pierce: I thought we were finally getting somewhere. You trusted me with your kids.
Meredith: I trust my babysitter with my kids. That doesn't mean I owe her my life story.

• Love 2

Callie: Omigawd, am I actually wishing for a sexless relationship where I don't have to groom myself? Is that where I am now?
Maggie: Sounds good to me.
Meredith: Welcome to my life these days.
Alex: You two chicks need to get laid.
Maggie: That also sounds good to me.
Meredith: Not without the grooming.
Maggie: It's in there. He can find it. What, he can't do a little work first?

Amelia: My genius is flying around this room right now trying to find a clear path to land on me!

Callie: I thought Arizona would be here.

Owen: She's in surgery.

Callie: Wait, fetal surgery? By herself?

Ben: SHHHH!

Callie: Oh, relax. It's not the ballet or whatever.

Weber: Though it is a kind of dance. There's grace, a rhythm, an elegance.

Callie: Oh, okay, I get shushed but the purple prose is fine.

Everyone: SHHHHHH!

• Love 4

Meredith: She was perky and she sounded happy and tall with a lot of great hair.

Pierce: Do you need a drink of water?

Webber: I think Dr. Warren is trying to subtly tell you to shut up.

Callie: If you're going to keep lurking, please don't stare at me while I sleep.

Alex: Look, I've watched you two suck face for years. You've disgusted me for a long, long time. He's into you. And if a guy is still into you, it still means he wants to do you. If he still wants to do you, you're solid.

Pierce: I don't know you as well as everyone else here but I really need to tell you to stop talking.

Callie: Team MerDer!

Alex: I'm not saying that.

• Love 2

Owen: There's something wrong here. He's half your age. He's younger than I am. Mom, I think he's using you.

Owen's mom: For what? For sex? Well, God bless him.

Jo: I think I'm going to name [the leech] Herbie.

Stephanie: I'm going to put Herbie up your nose while you sleep.

• Love 2

Stephanie: He's 32 and wearing a high school letterman jacket. Your glory days are over, Steve. Give it up.

[Alex shows the kids an x-ray of a skull with a nail protruding from it]

Kids: Whooooooaa!

Alex: What did I tell you? Pretty cool, right? Any questions?

Kids: Ooh! Me, me!

Kid: I got a marble stuck in my nose once.

Alex: That's not a question.

Amelia: I don't want to make this all about me.

Amelia: I'm not judging. We are runners.

• Love 2

Meredith: So your sister and Owen?

Derek: Yeah, she told me last night.

Meredith: You knew? Your sister's doing Owen and you didn't tell me?

Derek: I was supposed to tell you that?

Meredith: Yes!

Derek: I don't even remember where I put my phone. Now I have to remember someone else's sex life?

Maggie: Did you see that?

Alex: See what?

Maggie: It was like he didn't even see me.

Alex: I was supposed to see a guy not see you?

Callie: [The cop] was all, "I save lives. I wear a uniform." Then I realized I save lives and I wear a uniform and I'm not boring. No second date for him.

Amelia: Owen and I are getting to know each other.

Meredith: How well? Pants on or pants off getting to know each other?

Jo: Have you thought about other options? Besides neuro, what do you feel really good about?

Stephanie: That's the problem. I'm really good at everything.

Katherine: Sometimes it takes crazy to love crazy.

Meredith: Don't pretend staring at me like that isn't creepy because it is.

Derek: Is it sexy creepy?

Derek: Your snoring is like a train, but much cuter.

Meredith: I don't snore.

Derek: Yes, you do. It's like music.It's like a bird song, a loud gargling bird on a train.

Bailey: Dr. Grey, do you need to be replaced?

Meredith: No, I'm fine.

Bailey: No, you're not fine. You're distracted. Look, you and Derek went down in a plane. You drowned. He got shot. You gave birth in a power outage.

Meredith: Is this supposed to make me feel better?

Alex: Where do you want me?

Arizona: Outside.

Alex: Oh, come on. Let me help.

Arizona: I don't need your help. I need you to stop hovering.

Alex: I'm not hovering.

Arizona: Yes, you are. You're hovering. And lurking and creeping.

Derek: Zola wants a car. Did she tell you? I told her, "I'm going to bring something back from DC. What would you like?" And she goes, "I would like to have a car."

April: I've heard you tell this story six different ways today and each time the plane seems to be getting closer. I'm pretty sure the next time it'll end with, "And then I died."

Weber: I think you're missing the point here.

April: I guarantee I am.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bailey: If something happens to me, do not let them hook me up to anything. Nothing, understand? Just donate my organs and let me go.
Ben: If that's what you want, okay. But if something happens to me, hook me up - to everything. Never let them unplug me. Ever.

Bailey: Ben, I'm not joking about this.

Ben: Neither am I. I want to live. I want extraordinary measures. The more extraordinary the better.

Arizona: How about you think before you start complaining that Derek Shepherd's death has been inconvenient for you?

Bailey: I will be locked up like some nun, withering and wasting away, lonely and alone, all because you mad at Jesus so I don't get to have Idris. You're taking away my Idris chance.

Ben: What?
Bailey: IDRIS. ELBA. He could come to Seattle, witness an accident, save a child's life, carry that child in his arms bare chested into my trauma room. You don't know.

Alex: I always hated eggnog. Why is yours so good?

Maggie: Mine's mostly hooch. It's basically a bourbon milkshake.

Meredith: Alex hosted a Christmas party?
Maggie: Well, "hosted" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Alex: Whatever. There was a tree.

Alex: They look stupid.

Meredith: They look like babies. Were we ever that young?

Ben: They're so well rested.

Alex: And stupid.

Edwards: I have three rules. One: listen to the nurses. Respect the nurses. Do whatever the nurses say. You may think you know more than the nurses. You do not. Two: your life is now all about me. Not about you or your boyfriend, your fight with your sister, or your nasty little rash down there. When we are focused on me, we are learning to be surgical gods. When we are focused on you, we're working at a gas station. Three: no complaining. You complain and you are out. Got it? You - rules, repeat.

New scrub: Listen to nurses, worship you, complain and die.

Jackson: I am supporting you. I'm your maid of honor. April said the job of the maid of honor is to support the bride, keep her company, so I'm supporting, keeping you company. You know, Meredith also said that the maid of honor drives the getaway car if you want to make a run for it so if you want to make a run for it, I'm standing by, ready to go.

Alex: You're not living in a tent.

Jo: I grew up in a car.

Alex: That had doors.

Andrew: How long have you two been married, Joan?

Joan: We're not married. We met nine months and three days ago. I barely knew him. It's crazy what you find out about a person when you get knocked up on the first date.

Alex: You're a complete tool sometimes.

Meredith: I've heard.

Alex: So I have to ask you something. Meredith asked me if she could move in. She's selling the house and she wants to move in. What do you think?

Jo: With the kids?

Alex: No, she's selling the kids with the house. Yes, with the kids.

Meredith: What is the matter with you two? My husband is dead. Yeah, I'm going to play that card. 

Jo: It's a loft space.

Alex: It's a crime scene.

I'm searching for a quote, I believe Christina said it.. Or maybe webber, but I'm not sure. It's something about how Meredith doesn't see things in black and white. I think it was around the time that Meredith tampered with dericks Alzheimer's trial. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!!

I'm searching for a quote, I believe Christina said it.. Or maybe webber, but I'm not sure. It's something about how Meredith doesn't see things in black and white. I think it was around the time that Meredith tampered with dericks Alzheimer's trial. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!!

I'm not a Meredith fan, but I do like Tyne Daly so I remember this, Derek's mother said it. When she came to visit she was telling him why Meredith was the one and she mentioned that she sees the gray areas or something to that extent and how he needed that in his life. It was the eppy, with the serial killer I think, and Meredith set it up so that he could commit suicide and then be able to donate his organs to that little boy who was Bailey's patient. Meanwhile they pit her against Derek and Cristina's points of view with regard to this patient which were the same because those two saw things in black and white.  I'm thinking that was in season five because I remember her being there when Owen first asked my fav. Cristina out on that date and then lost it in her shower. Yeah, she even had a scene with him asking him how he was doing because she was a former army nurse. That I believe was all in the same episode.

Edited by represent

Meredith: Why don't I learn? I take in strays because they're sad and lonely and homeless, but the truth is strays are flea-ridden creatures who pee on your stuff.

Maggie: Why do people act like that?

Callie: Karev?

Alex: Why are you asking me?

Callie: Because you're a bully.

Amelia: Will someone page me, please, the next time Pierce hulks out?

Meredith: There's a right and a wrong way for us to conduct ourselves.

Callie: Grey has a point. Next time leave the thumb outside when you clench. That way you avoid bone damage, see?

Arizona: Is it true? Callie punched a homophobe?

Amelia: Pierce punched a homophobe.

Arizona: Ooh, unexpected. High five!

Stephanie: You are kind of a legend with the interns and residents. You're one of the Seattle Grace Five.

Arizona: I survived a plane crash. Big deal.

Stephanie: And a car crash. And a shooting. You might be immortal. You mastered one of the most exclusive specialties basically overnight, then you took Herman's job - and her eyesight. You have screwed dozens of interns and you got them all fired. You speak really fast, like super human fast. You have a weird name.

Arizona: You know, that's not true. I only slept with ONE intern and I have an awesome name! What else? Do people have a problem with the fact that I have one leg? I mean, do people actually go there and talk crap about a one-legged person? Because that's just discrimination against amputees.

Stephanie: They say that you have two legs and you are only pretending that one is amputated - for the parking space.

Andrew: Is the room still available?

Arizona: Did your friends put you up to this? Did you lose a bet? Do you have a thing for feet?

Andrew: Uh, no. Why?

Arizona: Why would you want to live with me instead of your intern buddies?

Andrew: I, uh, don't have any intern buddies. They think I posed as an attending on purpose and they made up all this stuff about me and it isn't even true. Nobody wants to talk with me, let alone live with me.

Meredith: I'm sorry I said you had fleas.

Amelia: What?!

Meredith: I don't totally like you.

Amelia: Wow, okay.

Meredith: But I don't have to because you're family. I love you.

• Love 1

April: I have on paper panties. Do you know how paper panties feel?

Arizona: I imagine that there's some chafing.

Bailey: I should be chief of surgery. Oh wait, I already am!

Amelia: Have you ever had a friend who's like a really good friend but you just want to make out with him all the time?

Callie: Oh, yeah. I used to do that for years.

Amelia: And what happened?

Callie: Sophia.

Jo: Good job on the door, DeLuca. Quick thinking.

Isaac: Yeah, you should be a contractor. You still could. You're young.

• Love 1

Arizona: Awww, I think you'll be a good dad. Your babies will be so foul-mouthed and dirty and cute.

Amelia: Men do it all the time. They adjust their man parts and demand more money.

Maggie: Nobody wants me.

[Callie gives Meredith the "you're her sister" look]

Meredith: Yeah, we want you.

Maggie: But I can't have sex with you!

Jackson: I really just want to have my burrito and go to sleep.

April: Save it! I made dinner.

Jackson: What is it? Boiled bunny? Cause you sound crazy. I feel like a hostage, but a reverse hostage where the kidnapper just follows me everywhere and won't leave my damn house.

April: You know what they call that? Marriage.

[uh, no, April, that is NOT marriage]

April: And it gets hard, but you don't just leave. You don't just stop.

Jackson: You do. YOU DO just stop. You know what they call that? Divorce. Tomorrow morning when you go to work, I'm having the locks changed.

April: Yeah, tomorrow night when I get home from work, I'm bringing a crowbar.

Jackson: Listen to yourself!

Meredith: Well you aren't shy and you have a filthy mouth.

Amelia: Did he go down to lady town? Because I find that if they don't go down to lady town the first time, there should be no next time.

Arizona: I can do this. It's cool. I'm cool.

April: Cool people don't say they're cool.

Abe: Hey, sweetheart!

Arizona: It's Dr. Sweetheart.

Maggie: Who does that? Who screws the interns? What kind of person does that?

Meredith: The father of my children. You think you're the first person to have inappropriate work sex? We all do it. All over the hospital.

(edited)

Alex: What's wrong? You're being weird. She's being weird, right?
Jo: She's being nice. To me. Which is weird.

Meredith: We are not ordering pizza. There is plenty of food here.
Amelia: No one knows how to cook it. Everybody loves pizza!

Arizona: Maybe I should date Penny!

Maggie: Why are you here?
Andrew: I just go where they tell me to go!

Meredith: Ow!
Alex: Shut up.

April: Maybe no more knife for you.

Alex: Hey, that smells good. You need help?
April: Sure, you can mince the garlic.
Alex: Yeah, I don't know what that means.

Amelia: Okay, scale from one to ten, how badly does this party suck so far?
Alex: Like one sucks most or ten sucks most? Cause it's one of those.
Amelia: Come on!
Alex: Look, I only came for the free food and there's no food.
Jackson: Your guests are making the dinner.

Jo: Chief, please, sit at the head!
Bailey: Where'd you think I was going to sit?

Arizona: What? I'm being nice!
Bailey: Dr. Robbins, you're drunk. I don't think I've ever seen that. I like drunk Robbins.
Arizona: I do too!

Meredith: Perfect Penny killed my husband. Kepner, the food is getting cold. Let's pass those peas.

Amelia: You knew who she was all night and you never bothered telling me. She killed Derek. You invite her in here, you let me sit there and talk to her all night. I hugged her! Why? Why would you do that to me?
Meredith: I did this to you?
Amelia: You should have told me. You should have. I thought that you and I-
Meredith: I did nothing to you. I lost my husband and the father of my children and YOU'RE falling apart? I don't get to do that because I have three kids. So please SHUT UP and get out of my room!

Maggie: Your hair. It's very confident and swoopy.

Amelia: They can't do this to me.
Owen: No one did anything to you. This is a terrible night for a lot of people, not just you.

• Love 2
(edited)

Penny: Dr. Grey, I just want to say I don't want today to be awkward or uncomfortable.

Meredith: So don't make it awkward or uncomfortable like this right now.

Kamal: I rode on a bus, a train, a plane, three cars, and a helicopter!

April: I didn't lie.

Nathan: You bent the truth.

Jackson: Until it broke.

April: It was a good lie.

[Jackson scoffs]

April: Okay, it was a bad lie but for a good reason.

Paul: Man, you look bald.

Weber: And you look old.

Amelia: Things were better when we weren't talking.

April: [Jackson]'s talking about divorce.

Nathan: Well, you kind of saw that coming though, right? He said, "Don't go," you went. On some level-

April: It's not going to happen. It's not what I want. I don't believe it's what he wants. I know it's not what God wants for me.

Nathan: We're looking at a kid who's lost his family, his home. He might even lose his hands now. Maybe God has more on his mind than judging whether you get a divorce or not. Don't you think he has bigger fish to fry?

Weber: There was a dance called the Bump before your time, and I excelled at it.

Bailey: This was [Jackson]'s last night in my house.

Ben: You just made the man pancakes!

Bailey: Because I am a benevolent leader and a good host.

Meredith: I thought that I could treat [blake] like any other resident but that was really hard because I wanted to punch her in the face. Like a lot.

Amelia: I hate that this is an issue all of a sudden.

Pierce: Well, it's not an issue - for you. And it's not all of a sudden.

Pierce: Did Edwards tell you that she's okay?

Amelia: Yes.

Pierce: Okay. Then don't give her the extra work of having to make you feel good about it.

Pierce: Listen to the words that are coming out of her mouth and believe them.

Pierce: If you feel uncomfortable having done it, check your white privilege and don't do it again.

Arizona: You know they're saying it's about you. That you and Riggs had a torrid affair in Jordan.

April: No, that is not-

Arizona: Don't worry. I shut that down.

April: Thank you. I think it goes back further than that because I worked with Riggs and he never even mentioned knowing Hunt.

Arizona: Omigosh, Hunt and Riggs! What if they had the torrid affair? Think about it. War time, no rules, men in uniform. Kissing.

Weber: Stand on the stairs when you talk to them. It makes them feel watched over.

Bailey: Is that why you did that?

Arizona: She's funny and cute and she actively contributes to public safety!

Weber: She's one of the firefighters?

Arizona: Yes, and she's great. And I think that she thinks that I'm great, but I need you to find out.

Weber: Sure. Why don't you write her a little note, you know, with the boxes you can check? And I'll pass it along.

Arizona: Don't you think that sounds a little childish?

Weber: Yes, it does!

Amelia: I don't want to gossip about [Hunt and Riggs].

Cross: Dr. Hunt's a sleep walker and a sleep talker.

Amelia: Enough!

Cross: It's not gossip. It happened.

Arizona: I just tried to segueway from a wound closure to a first date invite.

Weber: Now that's just clumsy.

Arizona: Over her exposed butt.

Weber: That's creepy.

Callie: Break up sex is the best.

Ben: Yeah, but then you're broken up.

Callie: You're right. Make up sex is better.

Jo: You can't just ignore me forever. You don't have to like me or be my friend or even be polite to me but at least acknowledge that I exist. Acknowledge that I am a person standing in front of you saying words.

Amelia: We don't think Riggs and Owen's mom - we don't think that's the thing.

Meredith: No. But do you think Owen's mom is Riggs' mom? Because that has happened to me before.

Amelia: You are the most loyal person I have ever met to everyone except me. You're loyal to some woman halfway across the world.

Meredith: Yes, I am.

Amelia: When I am right here. Cristina left you. I'm here. I'm your sister.

Meredith: You are not my sister. Cristina is my sister. You are Derek's sister and Derek is gone.

Amelia: Like [Penny]? Something you cling to to keep the memory [of Derek] alive?

Meredith: You are such a child.

Alex: You SUCK at proposing!

Weber: You can't work on your family.

Alex: Everyone in this damn room is [Meredith's] family!

Weber: Forgiveness is a powerful thing, Meredith. Not only to make the other person feel good, but to heal you. You need to forgive [Amelia], Meredith. Forgive her for not being Derek, for being the wrong Shepherd, just enough to remind you of what's missing but not enough to bring him back. That's not her fault. You need to forgive her. You don't have to like her. You don't have to love her. But forgive her. So you can forgive Blake for being in that room when a wrong decision cost you your husband. To forgive Derek for dying too soon. To forgive yourself for hating him for dying too soon. Let it go, Meredith. And forgive.

Meredith: You have a voice. So use it. Speak up. Raise your hands. Shout your answers. Make yourself heard.

• Love 1