Type keyword(s) to search

Lori: Bug-Eyes McGee

• Start Topic

(edited)

Can't believe we don't have a Lori thread. Well even though she's dead (thank God for small favors) let's start one.

You know I still get pissed off whenever I think about her initial reaction to Rick killing Shane/Carl putting down Walker Shane. Shane was trying to kill Rick and steal his family. And this after she alternated between telling Rick that Shane was a threat, then doing a 180 and tell Shane that she still needed him around. And let's not forget that Shane tried to RAPE her. Why would she keep waffling about Shane after that?!

If she was more upset about Carl putting down Walker Shane, well, what the hell was he supposed to do, just stand there and let his father be eaten?!

No matter what way you spin it, it doesn't make Lori look good. So even though her death was tragic, I had zero fucks to give for Lori's "woe is me, my husband and son hate me" pity party in season 3. Especially when we never actually saw her apologize for lashing out at Rick.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 4

Oh, hell, you do NOT want to get me started on Lori.

Lori is proof positive there are some people willing to follow their own personal convictions, not matter the cost. Which is great, unless you're a fucking idiot.

And I think y'all have already seen my college-length dissertations on Lori as a case study of Kate Syndrome.

Lori was one of the main reasons I stopped watching in Se02. The world as we know it is gone, a massive epidemic of zombie-ism is going to push humanity to extinction and what was everyone focused on, endlessly? Lori and her pregnancy! Everyone talked about it! Everyone cared about it! Had me rolling my eyes so hard I could have seen out the back of my head. As though anyone other than Shane would have given a shit. The only scene I enjoyed with her in it was when Daryl called her "Olive Oyl."

• Love 1

The only scene I enjoyed with her in it was when Daryl called her "Olive Oyl."

A skinny, dark-haired, mostly useless shrew with a whiny voice that somehow managed to have two guys fighting over her.

Yup, that's Lori to a T all right.

• Love 5
(edited)

Maybe its because I marathon'd the first 4.5 seasons of the show, but I don't think I got the "full effect" of Lori.

She was tolerable at first - even when letting the 'dead' hubby's BF mount her [while shielding a pic of hubby from the goings-on] and then a couple days later enticing said hubby into a roll in the sleeping bag (pretty much right next to the slumbering young child). 

But by about a quarter of the way in to S2, she just became more and more intolerable, until it reached the point when her best use in any scene were the ones where she wasn't involved in any form or fashion.

I think it could be said that the impact of Lori's exit, w/ Carl, was more than the character deserved.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

Oh sad, this thread title.....

I think I am one of the few that doesn't hate Lori. She's certainly not my favorite character and she has her flaws, to be sure. I think she did an absolute shit job of watching her kid during the ZA. And yes, that moment where she was completely revolted by Rick doing what she basically told him to do was just awful. But I did think Lori was well-intentioned for the most part. I think she got into a very complicated situation and had a hard time figuring a way out of it. But I do think she loved Rick very much and tried her best to support him. In season 3, I think we saw a Lori who had fully realized the mistakes she made and was trying pretty damn hard to make up for them. 

That being said, while her death just killed me, it was time for her to go. 

• Love 1