Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: False Start

I'm so concerned that Divya is paying more attention to Jeremiah and wondering if she made a mistake dismissing his interest. I swear if she decides marrying him (or worse - he goes along with it!) to help her keep the baby, I WILL NOT BE HAPPY.

Poor Hank - that girl was batshit crazy. When he approached the beach I got all excited it might be Joanna Garcia. Why can't she come back? I liked them together!

DId anyone notice Evan's indifference when she stopped breathing? I even rewound it. It just seemed off to me. "Hank, she can't breathe." No inflection, nothing. Now I realize that Evan has had a front row seat to most of Hank's MacGyver saves, but there wasn't even any urgency to his voice. Paige at least looked appropriately horrified.

Evan baby faces were creepy. Paige is a saint to put up with the crazy. But I do like them together - they balance each other out. I love that Jeremiah is seeing Bob!

I wouldn't mind seeing this POW again - i mean, did Jane show?? Are they in love??  :-)

Ugh, way TMI on Evan's motility problem. Like we should care? It's not like the world really needs another one of him! I figured no one had used the sample because: LOSER! Don't need to see his "baby making attempts" either.

Well, Divya got off pretty easily, but we're going to have baby custody angst for the next 6 eps, I'm sure. I dunno. I thought this was the last (short) season, but it seems there's a season 8 in the wings. Why?

• Love 2

So, within 2 minutes of the show, Jeremiah takes care of Divya's ludicrous situation. Thank you, Jeremiah. I find it ridiculous, however, that the cop didn't know who she was or didn't see a business card and followed up. 

If Paige was a few days late it doesn't mean she was pregnant IMO.  Could have even been caused by constipation, nerves from moving, a change of diet.  I know - it's fiction but this line is certainly misleading.  They should have scripted it for a month or two late.

• Love 1
(edited)

They showed Paige taking multiple pregnancy tests, and they were all positive. I suspect a false negative (not enough of the marker hormone in the urine to detect) is probably more likely than a false positive.

Edited by Reishe
  • Love 1

So, within 2 minutes of the show, Jeremiah takes care of Divya's ludicrous situation. Thank you, Jeremiah. I find it ridiculous, however, that the cop didn't know who she was or didn't see a business card and followed up. 

What's even  more ridiculous is the way the writers made Divya stupid about the whole situation.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jeremiah makes everything work. I'm not interested in Hank's dating profile. I mean, we're the same age. He's never used online dating before? Especially since for someone so busy. Hank says, "Whatever happened to just meeting people?" Well, since you work constantly, and there's nothing wrong with that, you don't go out much, so the only people you might run into are at the hospital. Online dating was basically invented for active professionals. Not for nothing, either, it's 2015, so to be complaining about it is just lazy writing. I know a lot of people who met online. 

I'm glad Evan and Paige aren't fighting over the baby situation, but I just don't find this plot interesting. Evan's got a new job, Paige has her own job. There's plenty of things from there to show. 

Who leaves their date passed out drunk *outside*? And on her back?

I'm not even remotely interested in this custody plot either. Granted, the video isn't good and Divya shouldn't have freaked out, but what are they going to do when they get to court and there's actual evidence of Divya 50 feet away tending a medical emergency? There's no pattern of neglect, and she can call like 10 people as character witnesses.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2

Well, thank god Jeremiah came back this week because the cops in the Hamptons are too stupid to actually follow up on Divya's statement, like checking on the 911 call or the parking meter charge. SERIOUSLY?! And I love that Jeremiah is still seeing "therapist" Bob and it's helping him. Good for him! 

I'm not even remotely interested in this custody plot either. Granted, the video isn't good and Divya shouldn't have freaked out, but what are they going to do when they get to court and there's actual evidence of Divya 50 feet away tending a medical emergency? There's no pattern of neglect, and she can call like 10 people as character witnesses.

This is what continues to make this plot so stupid. Divya (via HankMed) should be known throughout the Hamptons, even if they don't know them all personally. There are enough people to vouch for her and eventually the skateboarder will be found.

Of course Evan donated sperm. Because... of course he did.

I'm glad Hank checked on Paige-- but man, I think it would be so awkward to have your brother-in-law doing that.

• Love 2

The Evan sperm plot was actually what the show should be. Breezy, a little silly, and fun. Paige was all supportive until she found out he did it for a sandwich. She still went in to the clinic and didn't make a fuss. Then they cut to the deli and she's horking down one of the subs herself. 

When the show always gets too overly much, it drags. Boris whatever, but at least his plots were just out there. Hank doesn't need a love interest. He doesn't even need to be the main character anymore. Just solve weird ailments. The show is decent when they do that. 

• Love 2