Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: I'm Sorry

(edited)

Another great episode, I thought.  I especially loved the Late Night sketch, and when the shot came back and Amy's legs were gold.  I always notice how lubed up actresses legs can be on those shows.  Sometimes it looks like they are dripping wet from olive oil.  I remember a lot of comments about Letterman's last interview with Blake Lively so I thought that was the specific inspiration for the general idea of how women are treated on those shows. 

I apologize all the time, but I'm usually not really sorry.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 2
(edited)

Amy was so happy to find that woman on the street who shared her distaste for post-sex narrating. I've never run into that quirk myself, but her exuberance made me laugh. I also snorted over her comment about UTIs and needing to get up to pee right afterwards, because true.

Her interview segments are always good but the gigolo actually shocked her. I expect her to work in references to The Container Store in her act now.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 4

I don't watch talk shows, but Amy's "forced cutey" tone of voice was hilarious. I'd probably strangle someone if they talked like that fir real.

The interview was great. That guy was so full of it about not having gay sex for 50 grand, but Amy's quick aside was funny. Her stunned silence took the interview though.

• Love 1
(edited)

The self-critical "what is it with us women feeling we need to apologize for everything all the time?" sketch was more pure gold in a season that's had more than its share of it.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 3

You guys do know the gigolo is Vin from Showtime's "Gigolos" (a guilty pleasure of mine, although I blame it for killing my sex drive...)

• Love 1
(edited)

You guys do know the gigolo is Vin from Showtime's "Gigolos" (a guilty pleasure of mine, although I blame it for killing my sex drive...)

I knew nothing about such a show! The thought did cross my mind that Vin wasn't all that hunky, but then, sex-trade workers in general don't seem to be any more attractive than a random cross section of people who aren't making a living off their bodies.

But I am curious about your sex drive. :)

Edited by lordonia

Vin not hunky?  Before you say that, you might want to see him "at work".  He doesn't do much for me, saw his middle school photo from a yearbook (he was raised in the area where I'm from), so it's hard to correlate the two.  He has a bit of a goofy side, but all of the gigolos on the show are more than the sum of their parts.

I don't know why this is so funny to me but Amy often uses the same weird names for people's wives or kids. Bill Hader's talk show character's wife was named "Darflin" and I know that name has been used in other skits. I am not even sure it is a commentary on anything.