Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Hello, Kitty Girls!

• Start Topic

It's fascinating to read about this schism between Ginger/Kennedy and Pearl/Violet/Other Young Ones, because I sort of like them all at this point, except Kennedy who lost me last week for standing on the runway proclaiming herself to be less creative than the others only to survive in the end despite leaving the stage, which in my head was a rule violation.

I think that Pearl could go either way.  If she lets too much of the undying adoration of her fans in she'll probably get lazy, not develop her skills any further, and turn out to be a bit of an ass.  But, if she learns a bit I think that in a few years she'll be pretty awesome.  And Violet...I've not seen her perform, really, but she seems like she has some deep fashion knowledge which I appreciate, and she's creative.  In another season maybe it'd bother me for them to be around this long, but as it is I feel like both have a ton of potential, and that's good enough to go the distance in a reality show (again, this season), imho. 

I don't have any rational thoughts Ginger, I just like her schtick.  I assumed she was the season's winner from the first episode, 'cause she's funny and clever and would give them a Big Girl winner, but the editing has had me doubting that prediction which is nice, makes it a more interesting show.  

Point is, it's weird how the internet can pull people into corners, apparently, because just watching the show...they all seem pretty decent, imho.  And they all seem to like each other- I can't remember any real shade going in either direction.

That said, I really came here to vent my belief that Katya wuz robbed.  I needed to get that out to move forward with the season.  I'm all for a shocking elimination during a reality competition, I just thought Max filled that role already.

• Love 2

With that definition, I'd say Violet is quite fishy. On the runway, she reads as a woman to me just as much as Courtney did (what with Courtney having that boyish build).

But she still draws on breasts and uses clearly drag make up in clearly drag make up ways. Her style is draglesque, which tends to lean towards androgyny and played up glitz and make up with show girl/fetish/pin up/vintage styling. And she is really good at it.

Though if she wanted to do fishy, she could easily, since the fishiest queens are often those that could pass for women simple by wearing women's clothes and I could easily see Violet doing that, not quite to the level of Kenya, Stacy, Jade or Tatiana.

• Love 1

It's fascinating to read about this schism between Ginger/Kennedy and Pearl/Violet/Other Young Ones, because I sort of like them all at this point, except Kennedy who lost me last week for standing on the runway proclaiming herself to be less creative than the others only to survive in the end despite leaving the stage, which in my head was a rule violation.

I think that Pearl could go either way.  If she lets too much of the undying adoration of her fans in she'll probably get lazy, not develop her skills any further, and turn out to be a bit of an ass.  But, if she learns a bit I think that in a few years she'll be pretty awesome.  And Violet...I've not seen her perform, really, but she seems like she has some deep fashion knowledge which I appreciate, and she's creative.  In another season maybe it'd bother me for them to be around this long, but as it is I feel like both have a ton of potential, and that's good enough to go the distance in a reality show (again, this season), imho. 

I don't have any rational thoughts Ginger, I just like her schtick.  I assumed she was the season's winner from the first episode, 'cause she's funny and clever and would give them a Big Girl winner, but the editing has had me doubting that prediction which is nice, makes it a more interesting show.  

Point is, it's weird how the internet can pull people into corners, apparently, because just watching the show...they all seem pretty decent, imho.  And they all seem to like each other- I can't remember any real shade going in either direction.

That said, I really came here to vent my belief that Katya wuz robbed.  I needed to get that out to move forward with the season.  I'm all for a shocking elimination during a reality competition, I just thought Max filled that role already.

THIS. For all the animosity that's been played up between the "Bitter Old Lady Brigade" and the young sylphs, they actually seem to like each other quite a bit off the show and all seem to be decent people. In exit interviews with Trixie and Jaidynn, they said the two queens with difficult personalities were Violet and Kennedy, but that they get along with both now. Jaidynn elaborated a bit more and basically said Kennedy was trying to work with and that Violet was very bitchy, moreso than shown on the show (something that's been corroborated by a few other queens).

• Love 1
(edited)

If Ginger can't sew who the heck is sewing her outfits? They are not hot glued outfits.

Fake production bullshit, Ginger can sew, and pretty well from the look of her kitty outfit. She can certainly sew better than Pearl from what we're shown(Kennedy can sew as well, just like Detox her questionable level of taste hinders her when she's creating).

Admittedly, none of the challenges this season challenge people much on look creation, since there were only three design challenges and one was a nude illusion that was 90% nude body suits, one was heavily constrained by the conjoined concept and the 'Ball' involved only designing one actual look out of what is frankly shit material.

Edited by snakenax
  • Love 2

I don't like being treated like a fool.... I'd rather have a show that is honest about how those outfits get made. I don't care if someone else is sewing them. I'd still enjoy watching the contestants work with a seamstress to get the look they want.

I don't like being treated like a fool.... I'd rather have a show that is honest about how those outfits get made. I don't care if someone else is sewing them. I'd still enjoy watching the contestants work with a seamstress to get the look they want.

I assumed that none of the "Prancing Queens" outfits were actually made by the contestants.

• Love 1
(edited)
Fake production bullshit, Ginger can sew, and pretty well from the look of her kitty outfit. She can certainly sew better than Pearl from what we're shown

I didn't think Ginger's kitty outfit looked all that great in the closer-ups in Untucked. I'm also not sure how you can conclude that Ginger can sew better from Pearl. We had very few construction challenges this season, and Pearl's results were always fine. Pearl was also never nervous about making the outfits. Her conjoined twins one with Trixie was not simple, and IMHO, her Hello Kitty one was more complicated than she's given credit for. At the very least the ruffled hem of it was nicely constructed and indicative of beyond-the-basics (Ginger's, by contrast, had frou-frou Hello Kitty stuff attached to it--probably with hot glue--and may or may not have even been sewn).

I think its probably that Ginger can work a sewing machine and do some basic sewing. I don't think her "can't sew" contradicts that. I say I can't sew, but I can still do a sloppy hem on a machine because it's not that hard to do.

ETA: The Prancing Queens outfits were made by the contestants. Per interviews, they had a starting point for the boy drag part provided, but everything else was them. Trixie talks about helping Ginger with hers.

Edited by Zuleikha
  • Love 1

Yeah Pearl looked awful in that thing she wore. She did everything wrong yet got praise for looking like an ugly tube of lipstick? She had no wig on underneath the hood and could have done what Jinkx did on Snatch Game and pin a brooch or earring on one side, she literally had no padding or body shape, and she failed the assignment which was to make a couture outfit and a nightgown that an elderly grandma would wear to bed definitely isn’t couture. If some other queen like Adore Delano or even Willow Pill wore the same thing, they’d be in the bottom lip syncing after being ripped to shreds by the judges especially Ru.