Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast Of Shadowhunters: Seeing Is Believing

So I just remembered that Isaiah Mustafa was in an episode of Chuck and McG is directing this... do we think that McG just loves Mustafa? I mean... I'm not upset about the casting at all and really liked Mustafa as Luke. I just always love when directors have their favorite actors they like to work with.

Might we see Yvonne show up here? What has she even been up to since Chuck? I miss her! 

I would love to see Yvonne again. She was in the last season of Dexter.

I'm going to give this a few episodes because I do love the books (despite the Cassandra Clare fanfic controversies), but I hope the cast gets better at acting.  Dominick is pretty good, the guy playing Valentine is decent, but our main kids (outside of Dom and the guy playing Simon) are truly awful. They almost look like they are reading cue cards.  Every time Isabelle speaks she strikes a little pose and then says her line, and appears to be waiting for a laugh track or applause or something. It's really stilted.  However...having said all that I'm going to give them some time to find their footing.

• Love 2

The Isabelle casting has to be the biggest miss of all time.  She's a Latina actress who to me quite clearly has an issue speaking without an accent.  She's trying her darndest but her effort can be seen a mile away.  I have no problem casting the role of Isabelle as a latina but then you have to make the whole family latino.  And Alex is not latino and I seriously doubt the parents will be either.  

As for Yvonne.  This show is so far beneath her that I would be shocked to see her show up.  She did do the 24 reboot as well and Astronaut Wives Club.  I think she had an Amazon Pilot that didn't get great reviews.  Not sure what her next move will be but it won't be here.  

Edited by MV007

The Isabelle casting has to be the biggest miss of all time.  She's a Latina actress who to me quite clearly has an issue speaking without an accent.  She's trying her darndest but her effort can be seen a mile away.  I have no problem casting the role of Isabelle as a latina but then you have to make the whole family latino.  And Alex is not latino and I seriously doubt the parents will be either.  

I assumed the family was latino and the actor playing Alec was one of those 'well he looks close enough' casting decisions. 

Actually the actress playing Clary bothers me more --- I don't feel ANYTHING from her when she is talking about her mother -- it's like "now I'm saying my lines" and that's it.  I get that she's young, and like someone else pointed out, I'll give the cast the chance to grow into their roles a bit. But I looked her up on IMDB and she's done enough stuff that she should be better than she is.

I say the movie recently, and I wish we could mix and match the two casts! This Jace is so much better, but the movie's Clary was a lot better.