Type keyword(s) to search

Shadowhunters Anticipation

I can't decide how I feel about this. On one hand I'm excited because I love the books, and the cast is looking good.

On the other hand, it airing on ABC Family doesn't fill me with much hope (and it means it probably won't be aired on UK channels, as ABC Family shows don't do well over here). Then again, at least it might not get cancelled so quickly (RIP Constatine)

• Love 1

I'm pretty excited. I mean, I even loved the movie despite what a mess it was. I can't wait to see this done as a series.

I loved the movie too, I didn't think it was as bad as everyone made out, questionable acting aside (Godfrey Gao sounds like he's reading of cue cards, and Jamie didn't really have the sarcasm needed as Jace). Though I admit, I started laughing at Valentine's entrance when I saw what they'd done to his hair 

I loved Lily Collins as Clary, and the big kiss between Jace and Clary in the greenhouse was great (as well as the use of Demi's 'Heart By Heart'.)

• Love 1

I really dislike the author and like to hate-read the books so of course I'm going to watch. Heh heh heh. 

A part of me is boggled that they're giving the books a show after the movie flopped so miserably, but then again, look at what happened to Buffy. I guess the potential is there. I just wish that it would happen to a nicer author. Who didn't have such a thing for incest, or faux-incest. 

• Love 3

I really dislike the author and like to hate-read the books so of course I'm going to watch. Heh heh heh.

I can't even give her the satisfaction of hate views.  I found her fanfic absolutely insufferable, I can't imagine how bad her original fiction is.

• Love 2

I could barely fast-forward through the movie version, it was just one unbearably predictable, poorly written cliche after another.  Which I guess makes sense since the author just took some harry potter fanfiction and changed the names to make it legal (no, not 'original.')   I can't believe this derivative crap is getting a second shot as a tv series. 

Edited by Glade
  • Love 2

Which I guess makes sense since the author just took some harry potter fanfiction and changed the names to make it legal (no, not 'original.')   I can't believe this derivative crap is getting a second shot as a tv series. 

And changed the lines from BtVS and other sources that she liberally used in said fic. Maybe the show will just be "based on" and go in different, more interesting places. After all, ABC Family did the same with Pretty Little Liars.

• Love 1

On one hand, it would be great if the show managed to fully realize the story, because I always felt like the idea had potential. On the other hand... I utterly loathe Cassie Clare and you just know if the show takes off, she'll just glom on to it forever and be an insufferable jerk about it. 

Did I mention that I hate Cassie Clare? She's such an asshole, not just to her detractors but even to her fans. She's so condescending and patronizing. She made me appreciate Stephenie Meyer a lot in hindsight; say what you will about Meyer, but for all her faults, IIRC she was always very gracious towards her fans.