Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E05: Miranda Hart, Rupert Everett, Electro Velvet

• Start Topic

Graham Norton presents his talk show. Among the guests on the sofa: comedienne Miranda Hart, moving from sitcom star to Hollywood actress in the action comedy Spy, actor and writer Rupert Everett, starring in new film A Royal Night Out, and music from this year's UK Eurovision hopeful, Electro Velvet.

• Love 1

I wondered if Graham would note how tall the couch was. Hee. As a six-foot woman, I know exactly how Miranda felt when she said she felt petite. That doesn't happen very often.

the song was hilariously awful, just like Eurovision acts should be.

Given the quality of recent Eurovision entries, I expected something much worse. But then Electro Velvet said what they performed on the show isn't their Eurovision entry, so there's still hope for something insanely tacky and terrible.

Is that the first time everyone in the Big Red Chair walked? 

• Love 1

Rupert Everett's plastic face made me incredibly sad. He was so handsome!

Me too! I was so disappointed in him for doing that to himself, dammit. I really hope he lays off the Botox -- I love Rupert's autobiographies, and he's a genuinely witty, smart guy (who can write), and it was disappointing to see him looking so needlessly strange and stretched. But I thought he was funny and engaging, and very generous to the other couch members (I always like it when people actively seek to involve the other couch members in the conversations, and he did that several times).

The irony is, if Rupert would just stop lifting and tucking and injecting, he'd probably still be handsome as hell, no matter how old.

• Love 1