Type keyword(s) to search

The Painted Lady: AKA Jane Doe

• Start Topic

I like Jaime Alexander, but the tattoos already feel trite and overdone.  Maybe if there were a few tattoos with key clues on her body, I could deal.  But all over? And I suspect the reasoning behind them will come across especially lame. At least Michael Scofield's had a practical application, even if it was just as tedious. 

I don't know, reading an interview with Jaime Alexander where she talked about reading scripts with weakly-written women and by contrast this being a role she's been waiting for gives me a glimmer of hope. Though I do feel a pang of regret that she's not the lead of Lady Sif: The Series instead of this.

• Love 1

I wonder if they took Groucho's Lydia for inspiration. That encyclopydia...

I just remembered that in parochial school in I think the 4th grade I stood up in front of 40+ students, and a nun, and sang at least a couple of verses this song. Twice! Because after the first time there was dead silence, so I sang it again. The beginning of a career in obliviousness.

Edited by fauntleroy
  • Love 1

I like Jaime Alexander, but the tattoos already feel trite and overdone.  Maybe if there were a few tattoos with key clues on her body, I could deal.  But all over? And I suspect the reasoning behind them will come across especially lame. At least Michael Scofield's had a practical application, even if it was just as tedious. 

There's no point to the series without them though. It'd be like The Blacklist, if they just decided to occasionally go after people who aren't on The Blacklist. (yeah, I know there's been at least one episode like that, but it was lame)

Clearly they're setting up the idea that she's in on all of this (or was). But I find myself wondering if a network show actually has the balls to have a protagonist (much less a female one) who engages the audience as the hero, then turns out to be the ultimate villain.  I bet they don't.

It's going to turn out she was coaxed, much the same as how the Chinese guy was. Someone's got (or threatened) someone important to her and she basically sacrificed herself in trade for that.

Edited by Kromm

Shouldn't Jane have been deputized as a federal agent to justify her carrying a gun and participating in actual arrests? Doubt she could or would testify in court since she cannot be vetted.

But if this is about spies and national security I guess Jane could be used as a consultant or spy asset. But 'spies' or CIA are not supposed to operate on domestic soil. Maybe a counter terrorist unit.

I think they should show somekind of swearing in ceremony or give her a badge. I think federal law enforcement still has the ability to deputize someone.