Type keyword(s) to search

Drop Dead Diva - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just watched this last night and I'm glad I did but sorry to see the show I had loved in the first few seasons become this mess. I agree with the ones that thought a big musical number would have been a great farewell!! this show did them so well. Anyway so long Jane, Stacy and gang. I loved watching you for a brief moment in time

I had to double check to make sure this was the series finale and not just a mid-seasoner.  What a waste. The show had already jumped the ship but there was so much they could have done with the final episode.  I know it sounds silly, but I'm really upset that we didn't get to know the names of the twins.  That's really important to me!  I was afraid they'd name them Deb and Grayson, so maybe I'm glad we don't know.

I thought the ending would have been really nice if we'd been able to see Jane and Ian fade away into Deb and Grayson at the piano singing to each other.  I wasn't quite used to Ian as Jane's soulmate yet and it would have been nice for the show to emphasize the Grayson/Deb connection. It also would have been nice to see the Deb actress one more time.  I know they panned to the picture and that seeing their souls wouldn't have been realistic...but this is a show about a woman who pressed the return key.  Come on.

The thing that stood out for me - Owen is in with Stacy while she's giving birth and he doesn't even bother to loosen his tie??? Not realistic!

You made me giggle! The premise of this show and that's what you find unrealistic? I loved this show in the early years, Lots of fantasy, dream sequences, and dance numbers with Jane singing. I hate it lost its course. But in my imagination, everyone's doing grand.

I had to stop watching just now at episode 5.09 given that it looks like Stacey is going to have Jane apologize for not only Stacey wanting her ex-fiance's sperm but now that faithless little bitch wants Owen too and I can just bet that Jane will end up apologizing for being upset about it. Her own therapist said that there was no such thing as a girl code???!!!! What.the.actual.fuck. Yeah, I like my food IN my stomach so I'm peacing out right now.

Edited by slayer2
On 1/16/2023 at 4:54 PM, StaceyNotStacie said:

Hallmark Movies and Mysteries is now showing episodes of the show. I watched for the first time in years and I forgot how much I enjoyed the show when it originally aired. 

I've been doing a rewatch with DVDs from my local library.  I'm halfway through the final season.  The show stayed consistently entertaining throughout it's run. I missed it when it was over. Hence my rewatch.

On 1/18/2023 at 1:59 PM, bluegirl147 said:

I've been doing a rewatch with DVDs from my local library.  I'm halfway through the final season.  The show stayed consistently entertaining throughout it's run. I missed it when it was over. Hence my rewatch.

Is all of the original music replaced on the DVD?