Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E34: Chips and Ice Cream

I know, I probably say, "Well, that was weird," but I think it fits more so with this episode. Something about imps that say "Chips" and "Ice Cream." I'm down with the Pokémon anime, so I'm used to it. A performer manages to transfer them from his head to Jake's noggin. Annoyance ensues . . . except for BMO, who is enthralled by the duo permanently attached to Jake's head.

It did amuse me a little their weird kissing pattern? "Chips" kissed once, but "ice cream" did twice...almost like not only their speech but everything they did have to go in one or two syllables respectively.

Yeah, weird. That's all I've got.

(edited)

Oh I have something now!

Is Finn Canadian? He wants Ketchup Chips!! And as far as I know those are only found in the Great White North cause everyone else hates them. Nice to know there's a little Canadiana in the Land of Ooo.

Ok that's all I got. Seriously that was a weird one.

Edited by Maximum Taco
(edited)

I liked it, particularly how Jake wasn't really put off by the two guys on his head. And BMO saves the day!

At the end, they do the same thing (kissing the bird and looking back wistfully) that they did in the puppet show.

At the marker - apparently ice cream doesn't have to be refrigerated in the future? Or, what are they eating that they call ice cream?

Edited by lathspel

Maybe it's all astronaut ice cream? I think that doesn't need to be frozen.

Can't decide which is more offputting, the ice cream never seemed to need to be kept cold, or that they were discussing "taco" and "pizza" ice cream like ain't no thang. It's all these weird moments where I'm like...did someone just think that'd be interesting and funny in a post apocalyptic society, or am I supposed to read something into that or put in deep thought? Not just about the ice cream I mean, but this show does that with lots of little details. On a lesser show I'd just assume "ok they're being random for the hell of it", yet somehow here, it feels like actual world building. Even when my response is "weird", I never question that it's intentional weird and part of the point...even if I can't tell what said point is, I have yet to lose confidence there is one, somewhere.

And then I wonder if I'm thinking too hard.

But still, it's nice to watch a show that can be totally bizarre sometimes but doesn't feel like writers just making shit up with no plan. It's really nice.

At the market - apparently ice cream doesn't have to be refrigerated in the future? Or, what are they eating that they call ice cream?

I assumed the stand at the market was a freezer or filled with ice.

No, it needs to be kept frozen as well.

No, it needs to be kept frozen as well.

The only kind of Astronaut ice cream I am familiar with is freeze dried and does not need to be kept frozen.

It didn't look like Astronaut ice cream, that's usually in little pieces.

At one point the performer guy just had a tub of it sitting on the counter.

Completely agree on the perplexing question of whether the weird stuff is intentional or not.