Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Closet

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Sorry you feel that way, Whimsey. Agree that we do get way more emphasis on what they play at instead of what they work at. Maybe that's how it's going to be, but I think it's just as likely: 1) we won't see the husbands work because, please, they are lawyers and there are lots of shows for people to watch that; 2) we will see both Grace and Frankie expand their work focus as they reshape how they spend their time; and 3) during the 1st season we have been seeing the 4 main characters under high stress, so maybe there's been more drinking and drugging and doing beach rituals than usual. Have to admit, didn't notice the cursing.

Not specifically about Grace and Frankie, so I thought I'd just put this in Small Talk.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jane-fonda-dolly-parton-present-lily-tomlin-life-achievement-award-at-sag-awards-2017-965140?facebook_20170117

The Screen Actors Guild Awards have planned a 9 to 5 reunion for the presentation of the SAG Life Achievement Award to Lily Tomlin.

Jane Fonda and Dolly Parton will present Tomlin with the honor at the live SAG Awards ceremony on Sunday, Jan. 29.

• Love 4

Thanks for sharing that info; I don't normally watch award shows, but I will definitely tune in for that. 

9 to 5 has been one of my favorite movies since it came out, and I've seen it so many times I can recite along verbatim.  I love that, on top of making a great movie, they so thoroughly enjoyed working together and stayed friends all these years.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AuntieMame said:

Are the Murdoch mysteries good? I need a new series. I like English mysteries but usually prefer books in that genre, but I'm open and I too have Acorn via my Roku. 

It's a Canadian show, taking place in Toronto in late 1800s, early 1900s. It's great! Murdoch's inventing of new items that the 21st century has is a funny sidenote to the essential mysteries. Personally, I think Constable Crabtree is actually the heart of the show; I'm more emotionally invested in George than I am in Murdoch. (But then, it might be because I just adore Jonny Harris - especially his show "Still Standing" where he visits small towns in Canada - I get that one on Amazon Prime.) Murdoch frequently has real-life personalities visiting Toronto, like Nikola Tesla, Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edision, etc. Even Elizabeth Arden shows up (with her original name of Florence Nightingale Graham) developing her first skin cream. You actually end up learning stuff!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

It's a Canadian show, taking place in Toronto in late 1800s, early 1900s. It's great! Murdoch's inventing of new items that the 21st century has is a funny sidenote to the essential mysteries. Personally, I think Constable Crabtree is actually the heart of the show; I'm more emotionally invested in George than I am in Murdoch. (But then, it might be because I just adore Jonny Harris - especially his show "Still Standing" where he visits small towns in Canada - I get that one on Amazon Prime.) Murdoch frequently has real-life personalities visiting Toronto, like Nikola Tesla, Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edision, etc. Even Elizabeth Arden shows up (with her original name of Florence Nightingale Graham) developing her first skin cream. You actually end up learning stuff!

Thank you! That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm definitely going to check it out. 

9 hours ago, AuntieMame said:

Are the Murdoch mysteries good? I need a new series. I like English mysteries but usually prefer books in that genre, but I'm open and I too have Acorn via my Roku. 

Have you watched the Doctor Blake mysteries? Australian show. It's great. 

The-Doctor-Blake-Mysteries.jpg

• Love 1