Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Cry Havoc

Episode Synopsis:

In the wake of the Grand Rite –- merely the first phase of the Hive’s dark undertaking –- a horrendous plague sweeps through Salem. Tensions escalate between Tituba and Mary, who tries to enjoy what limited time she is allowed to spend with her young, recently returned son. Mary confronts Mercy Lewis in a bid to strike a bargain with the upstart Witch, but Mercy already has diabolical plans of her own in play. As Anne Hale begins to comprehend the nature of her own true power, she is extended an offer that may provide her some clarity and relief. Meanwhile , as Mary attempts to exert her mortal influence over the citizenry of Salem, she makes the acquaintance of an intriguing true man of science, Dr. Samuel Wainwright, who may threaten her cause. Back in Boston, a haunted Cotton Mather must answer for his failure in Salem; and Mary learns John Alden’s fate.... or so she thinks.

I… don't even know what to say about Mercy replacing guys' dicks with crows. But I think when even the pustule-covered and/or no-eye-socket crones that live in the woods are going, "ew, what's the matter with you?", some self-reflection may be in order.

Which reminds me… does the elders' deaths mean Mary doesn't have to give her kid back every night?

Hi Lucy! I didn't catch your character's name but drowning him with your bath water was inspired.

• Love 1

So, basically, it seems like the "Witch War" is going to be Mercy and her Coven vs. Mary and Tituba?  Right now, it's a bit lopsided from a numbers perspective, but I do think Mary will have the advantage when it comes to scheming.  And, I'm guessing Anne Hale is going to end up being caught in the middle somehow.  Oh, and this new witch played by Lucy Lawless (yay!), will no doubt come into play.

Hope Cotton isn't stuck in Boston for too long.  I want him back with the rest of the cast.  I especially want more Cotton/Alden scenes again.

Speaking of Alden, he's now done some kind of Native American ritual, and is going to try and kill all the witches.  Good luck.

They sure went all out with the violence, between the replacing dicks with crows scenes, and The Seer just yanking out his eye-balls.  Did Mary even give them back to him?

Stuart Townsed is also here as some kind of doctor, who might be able to cure the pox.  Fun!

• Love 1

Why didn't the Grand Rite kill everyone?  It immediately killed Isaac and I though the plague was supposed to spread throughout the entire town.

That's what I thought, as well. 

They sure went all out with the violence, between the replacing dicks with crows scenes, and The Seer just yanking out his eye-balls.  Did Mary even give them back to him?

Stuart Townsed is also here as some kind of doctor, who might be able to cure the pox.  Fun!

Looked like Mary just walked out still holding the seer's eyeballs.

Was Isaac dead? I thought he was the plague victim the Dr found and brought back to Salem.

A quesion, did this show air on Easter Sunday or was my local wgn station seriously playing Seinfeld when it came on?  I had to watch this on demand and I don't know if this was because the show actually started or because they were starting a few days earlier on demand?