Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Welcome Mat

• Start Topic

My puppy wants me to go barefoot. Every chance he gets...

20220210_210136.thumb.jpg.95a4f18bcd1ad61af6214ac7a8740ac4.jpg

You get a bit if a workout trying to recover it. And in the dark, with him out in the yard, there is no getting it back until he tires of it.

20220210_210252.thumb.jpg.3b03afc1188e254ba1e4cc04afd04e8b.jpg

All you have to do is kick off your shoes to change your clothes and before you know it, he appears out of nowhere and zips off with one of your shoes!

• LOL 1

Pain meds working, but not perfect. 

I take them 12 hours apart, but they only really work for about 8 hours. Or early in the morning and late afternoon, the pain comes back. Nowhere near as bad as originally. Otherwise all is good pain-wise. Unless, as previously said, I do something stupid like bend or twist suddenly.

Unfortunately, I've had stomach cramps or belly ache after meals for the last few days. Apparently an upset stomach is a possible side-effect of the tabs so...

But I've not had a solid meal since Tuesday. So tomorrow I will cook myself a stew of vegetables but I will also include carbs.

I bought two different varieties of sweet potato, and also some yams. I've never actually cooked both these types of sweet potato and eaten them together, so it might be interesting to see if there is any distinguishing difference in taste. As for the yam, I prefer if it is made into yam pie or something like that, but I can also enjoy it simply boiled, which is how I plan to cook it. 

While I'm on this carb-binge, I should have bought some green-figs and breadfruit. There was some breadfruit in the shop, too! Not a nice, long, yellow-meat breadfruit, but I don't care. Eff it name 'fruit, it mek fuh eat! I wonder if it makes sense for me to pop out and try to get one tomorrow? The trouble with buying a breadfruit is you end up eating it for several days because, well, even I ain't gonna eat a whole breadfruit at one sitting! Not because I couldn't (because, I prolly could if I tried hard enough), but because I'd fart myself into the next parish if I did!

As for the green-figs, I don't recall seeing any. But I've got a couple nice plantains. So they won't taste the same at all, but whatcha gonna do?

• LOL 2

I wish Yams were more available here in the US. I've never had yam pie, sweet potato pie yes but not yam.  I am not a sweet potato fan.  I keep trying them but have only liked them 2x, made in very different ways but with very specific recipes.  Most Americans believe they are the same thing when in fact they are not even in the same family and one is a tuber and the other is a root.  I've had quite the animated discussion with many folks over the issue.  The ubiquitous internet made possible by smart phones, has made the duration of these exchanges much shorter and significantly easier to prove.  Although in the past the other party often left the discussion in full belief they were correct; now depending on the personality they often leave in a huff utterly irritated that they "lost" or they leave completely baffled realizing what they've been told for years was incorrect.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Most Americans believe they are the same thing when in fact they are not even in the same family and one is a tuber and the other is a root.

People who think this have obviously never eaten both. The taste is distinctively different.

My mum used to serve sweet potatoes in one of two ways: Candied, or what she called "Sat on". For the latter, they are peeled and baked in the oven, then stock stuck on a skewer or a fork and singed over the gas flame, just to blacken the edges between where it was peeled. Then, they are crushed/pressed to sort of cause them to slightly flatten and have small cracks appear in the sides (that is the "sat on" part). I dunno the purpose of the singing singeing, unless the tiny bits of blackening alters the flavour, but it dries and hardens the outside of the sweet potato a bit, leaving the inside soft. As for the "sitting upon", I have no idea where that came from, but mum insisted upon it. But note: you can't actually sit on the sweet potato, or you will end up with it mashed. She would place a folded kitchen towel over it and press it with her hands. It's only slightly, until it is slightly flattened and little cracks start to appear in the edges.

You can pretty much do anything with a yam that you can do with a potato. Mashed, mixed with butter and milk or cream and then baked in a dish with breadcrumbs, etc, on the top is my favourite. We call that Yam Pie. You can also roll the same mixture into "Yam Balls" and bake or even shallow fry them. One thing that mashed yam does that mashed potato does not, is "set up" as it cools. So you can mold it into shapes and it will firm up and hold the shape quite well. Hence the Yam Balls, but they taste exactly like Yam Pie to me, and are harder to make.

4 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

now depending on the personality they often leave in a huff utterly irritated that they "lost" or they leave completely baffled realizing what they've been told for years was incorrect.

Well, if you live in a place where you don't have an opportunity to see the difference first hand, I suppose it's easy to fall into a misunderstanding of the facts. I'll photograph the pieces I have on hand and post it later.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ok, here are some examples out if my 'fridge:

20220212_105827854.thumb.jpg.691318c8c2972b7e4758835c53991f84.jpg

Two sweet potatoes and (on the right) a yam. Note that these are the smallest available that I could find, since to buy more than this represents a lot of carbs for myself to eat alone. That yam is about 6" ene end to end. The sweet potatoes can get bigger, maybe 3 or even 4 times larger. The yams han can be huge, with a yam getting as big as 50 lbs or more. The growers and marketers don't like to see them that big because they have to cut them up to sell them, since people rarely by yams 50 lbs at a time. (Once upon a time, folks would buy yams and sweet potatoes 100 lbs at a time in sacks, and keep them in a Yam Cellar which every house had, under the house. Nowadays very few houses are built with a yam cellar. Which householders regret every so often, because a yam cellar is the traditional place to shelter from a hurricane.)

By the way, the yellow/orange-fleshed sweet potato well known in the USA only made an appearance here within the last 2-3 years. I like the new type of sweet potato, but there were none available when I bought these, which are all white-fleshed, like the yam.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 1

Just popped out to buy some wrapping paper with hearts on it. But first, some cardio...

20220212_103921.thumb.jpg.af5a142206a95b7cca500135dfb4be4b.jpg

While I had him in the car I popped in to Central Vet South and borrowed their scale.

24.2 lbs. Last time he weighed was a fortnight ago and he was 20 lbs. So the Mouse is becoming a Monster!

ETA: Yesterday he was exactly 25 weeks old. He came home 17 weeks ago today.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 5

As can be seen...

20220212_133459957.thumb.jpg.339de8d232a23e2b4188eafbbbe4e323.jpg

I am an idiot. The sweet potato in the middle of the previous photo was in fact an orange-fleshed variety. Good! Coz I like them. And Dr. Kristi says they are better for me. But when I scratched the skin with my fingernail in the shop, there was no sign of that orange colour to be seen.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 1

OMG, what to do with this little boy?

After lunch (very nice!), I went into the bathroom to change from my street shorts to my house shorts. I kicked off one Croc, but before I could even get the other one off, Mo (who I thought was outside) zoomed in between my legs and...

20220212_153606.jpg.d395262a69e1f6389e98194a04746808.jpg

Well, what could I do? I kicked off the other Croc, took off my trousers, and as I was stepping into the other pair of shorts, he zoomed in, dropped the Croc he had just stolen, grabbed the other one, and...

20220212_152325.jpg.7b57fa79495d2206d59e70c02fc4e9c0.jpg

He is incorrigible. And sooner or later, he will destroy that pair of Crocs that I wear almost everywhere. Which wouldn't be a problem, except the "Crocs Shop" went out of business years ago, so I will have to import a replacement pair...

ETA: For some reason the forum limited my file upload size to 200k total, as opposed to the usual 1m  per post. For this reason, photo quality is probable even worse than usual.

Edited by Netfoot

I've been partially estranged from my family for over 10 years now, for reasons I won't go into because: boring and stupid.

I learned today that my grand-niece Savannah is going to be married. While it is customary for the wedding to be held at the bride's hometown, this wedding will be held at the groom's hometown instead. This, due to the number of guests that would have to travel from his family, and the difficulties involved with travelling in the athlete's foot era. So, a wedding, weeks and months in preparation, to be held in Colorado.

Today.

4 hours ago, Netfoot said:

OMG, what to do with this little boy?

After lunch (very nice!), I went into the bathroom to change from my street shorts to my house shorts. I kicked off one Croc, but before I could even get the other one off, Mo (who I thought was outside) zoomed in between my legs and...

20220212_153606.jpg.d395262a69e1f6389e98194a04746808.jpg

Well, what could I do? I kicked off the other Croc, took off my trousers, and as I was stepping into the other pair of shorts, he zoomed in, dropped the Croc he had just stolen, grabbed the other one, and...

20220212_152325.jpg.7b57fa79495d2206d59e70c02fc4e9c0.jpg

He is incorrigible. And sooner or later, he will destroy that pair of Crocs that I wear almost everywhere. Which wouldn't be a problem, except the "Crocs Shop" went out of business years ago, so I will have to import a replacement pair...

ETA: For some reason the forum limited my file upload size to 200k total, as opposed to the usual 1m  per post. For this reason, photo quality is probable even worse than usual.

Hmmm, were YOU a cheeky monkey when YOU were a wee lad, @Netfoot? As they says what goes around, comes around!  🤣

• LOL 2
24 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

Hmmm, were YOU a cheeky monkey when YOU were a wee lad, @Netfoot?

Uh...  Maaaybe?

Never mind how I complain about my cheeky Monkey. I just love every inch of him. The little rascal!

mo.thumb.jpg.0ebead6f741a090883adab57e946a2e7.jpg

He just ate an enormous dinner, then came and demanded his share of mine!

• Love 3

This afternoon, if all goes according to plan, we're going to the cliff.

It will be Mo's first visit, and he will have to pass a test.

The test is: Is he smart enough not to jump off?

Film at 11. Or still photos maybe. If I remember to take some.

• Love 1

Rain stopped play (Cricket reference) at ten to six, and we all got a slight sprinkle as we packed up. Then a convoy, driving into the sunset, and chipping along as best we could to stay ahead of the advancing showers.

We were only a few hundred yards from home before the rain caught up with us, and I had to take another sprinkle in order to close the gate before letting Mo out of the car. He bitched about it very loudly, and then when released, he decided he would not come out of the car after all. His dinner bowl quickly put a stop to that plan...

I had a good afternoon and I think Mo did as well. Hope you guys aren't too ticked off with the stream-of-consciousness photo-blizzard.

BTW, in the "Ooooops!" photo -- did you notice that model was uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ?

• Love 5

Got a 57 second video (no audio track) of Rudy's fateful Aermacchi launch and the brief flight that followed. Anybody interested in a link? (Unfortunatley, can't post a video here directly.)

The recovered model showed a faulty linkage to one of the ailerons. This either caused the crash, or was caused by the crash. Your guess is as good as mine.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 1

Silent Video: 57 seconds long.
Mo puts in an appearance at about 0:43, scampering around between everyone's legs.

ETA:

0:00 -- Austin (center) flying his model while friends observe.

0:02 -- Rudy enters Stage Right with Aermacchi MB-339 model (Balsa fuselage, foam wing).

0:12 -- Rudy asks Tony to launch for him. (Tony is Rihanna's uncle, BTW.)

0:21 -- Tony launches, Rudy immediately has difficulty maintaining control of model.

0:35 -- Model goes down, more than one pair of hands go up!

0:37 -- Austin's model still in the air, makes an overhead pass.

0:40 -- Some fat guy enters the frame.

0:43 -- Mo enters Stage Right.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 4

Got a call from the Book-Tent ladies, who came around this afternoon and took away five cardboard boxes full of books. I didn't count them before they left, but I should think there were maybe 100-150 books, maybe more.

Little Mo was inside the bedroom and wouldn't come out (the books were in the garage, so the ladies didn't have to come inside) so he didn't get a chance to meet them. Probably a good thing that he wasn't underfoot as we were carrying the boxes to their car, because if he hadn't tripped someone, he would definitely have done a runner and I'd still be chasing him around the neighborhood.

Bad tummy-ache again, after lunch. This morning, I took the last of the meds I got from Dr. Kristi. You're supposed to take them "with food" but there wasn't anything easily snacked upon, so I just took them on an empty stomach. Which prolly explains the tummy-ache. No more meds (and mostly no more back pain) so maybe no more tummy-aches.

Gave Dr. K. her Valentines prezzie this morning on my way to see Peggy. I usually get her Hershey's Kisses and put them in some sort of unique wrapping, like a wood-turned bowl, an origami box, etc. But search as I might, I couldn't find any Kisses to buy. So I got her a large bar of Dark Toblerone, which I wrapped in two layers of tissue. (The inner one had hearts and the outer one had metal sparkles.)

Then on to Peggy, who uses power tools, chisels, picks and hammers on my teeth every six months without actually managing to hurt. It is a very intense time (somewhat like the "Edge of the Razor" foreplay technique) because it feels the entire time like she is almost hurting or about to hurt you, but never does. So you feel no pain but you spend 30 minutes drenched in adrenaline. For the last I-don't-know-how-many years, I have seen Peggy on Valentines day, and in August. Only skipped in the middle of the athletes foot panic of 2020.

Speaking of athletes foot, I'm so glad to know that it will all be over within the next two weeks!

(Mo is eating one of my shoes while it is actually still on my foot!)

• LOL 2

My bad. Miscounted the pills. Thought I was done yesterday, but there was one more for this morning. And another tummy ache after lunch. 

Laying in bed on my side, a puppy sneaked up on me. Suddenly, he nipped on my heel, calf, thigh, butt and back, and when I turned to speak to him about it, he nipped my nose! So naturally, I grabbed him and began to chew on his ears. He didn't take it with good grace.

So, right now, he is sulking under the bed and occasionally jumping up to punish me, and I am grabbing him and chomping away at his ears again, but somehow he always managed to escape before I am able to catch an ear for a nibble.

Otherwise, just laying in bed with a book about post ice-age tribal machinations of early native americans getting up to hi-jinks that have zero chance of being authentic. Plus enjoying a cool breeze coming through the window, with the occasional sprinkle of rain. And listening to some Woodstock-era Hendrix.

And now the puppy comes for a cuddle, but I discover he's been out in the sprinkle, so he is like a wet fuzz-ball. He has taken umbrage with my bamboo back-scratcher, and is giving it a very serious talking-to. 

His collar is now quite snug. It isn't at all too tight, but there is no room for growth, so I will soon have to make him a new one. So once again the question of colours comes up. I suspect Princess Kimmie will vote for pink/burgundy again (and I'm OK with that), but I am also thinking burgundy/black or pink/black or even pink/silver..... or a host of other options. So anybody care to express a preference?

And after a shower heavy enough to force me to close the window, Mo looked out the window and couldn't resist.

20220215_171611602.thumb.jpg.c944392c12137e3c91e26be9a2f98f85.jpg

So out he went, only returning when he was thoroughly soaked from walking in the wet grass, but with his face absolutely covered in sweethearts. So he jumps into bed, and the wind is picking up again, with a strong smell of rain...

ETA: As I pick off the sweetheart one by one, he demands that I return them so he can eat them. He will prolly deposit some lurid, green bomit some time soon. 

Edited by Netfoot

I've just noticed a tiny boo-boo on Mo's toe!

20220216_011040603.thumb.jpg.c3dcdef5dc0be0f555d39a6c1f33788a.jpg

He doesn't seem to know about it. No licking or worrying at it at all. I've sprinkled some BNT on it, and because he's asleep he probably won't get around to immediately licking it off.

Tomorrow I will have another look at it. He fights like a pirate when you try to do anything for him, even if it's just picking stuff out if his whiskers. So dealing with that toe will be fun and games. All I want to do is sprinkle it with BNT from time to time, clean it if it gets dirty, and if it becomes infected or doesn't show signs of improvement, take him to the vet. Let's hope it doesn't come to that - I've already spent a grand on him this month!

No Voltaren for breakfast. No belly-ache for lunch. 

Mo is eyeing up my glass of milk. He's already had the top 1½" already. And the top of the glass is wider than the bottom.

Going to bed without seeing the latest episode. Will hope to catch it first thing tomorrow.

20220216_230451.thumb.jpg.a69c4c5852b9aed0d78c5653aad9fefa.jpg

On 2/15/2022 at 3:35 PM, Netfoot said:

His collar is now quite snug. It isn't at all too tight, but there is no room for growth, so I will soon have to make him a new one. So once again the question of colours comes up. I suspect Princess Kimmie will vote for pink/burgundy again (and I'm OK with that), but I am also thinking burgundy/black or pink/black or even pink/silver..... or a host of other options. So anybody care to express a preference?

I think a change of colour would be nice . . . but avoid black since Mo has enough of that already - he wants his collar to pop! Burgundy or pink with blue or yellow maybe? It doesn't look like he gets his collars very dirty.

• Love 3

Another day without bellyaches. I'm going to take it for granted the Voltaren was to blame. Will confirm with Dr. Kristi when I see her next. (Blood-draw next Tuesday, do may see her then.)

Instead of a belly-ache, I had a headache! Don't get them very often and a couple of Panadol has dealt with it.

Couldn't get to sleep until late last night, like 2:30 AM, so unsurprisingly tired tonight. But Monster has got hold of a milk carton, and while I was distracted, got to work on it in bed.

20220217_235248895.thumb.jpg.fbe3037172d18f53412421e94235d87f.jpg

Gonna have to clean that up a bit before I turn the lights out.

What was your favourite Superbowl advert? I didn't watch the Superbowl (obviously), but I've watched the adverts on YT and I can't say I was impressed with any of them. But props to Gwyneth Paltrow for eating the, uh, "scented" candle. Dumb ad, though. What do you suppose she got paid for that? And whoever approached her with the idea obviously has balls the size of coconuts...

Good. Puppy has tired of his milk carton, so I can clear it away and bin it, now.

Rudy's Saito 180 running on the test-bench.

20220220_164031.thumb.jpg.b11df565e7966108791c354e29fb1f71.jpg

This is a big sucker of a glow engine, running on a mixture of methanol, castor oil (or a synthetic equivalent) and nitromethane. The prop is just a blur, distorted by the camera sensor.

• Love 1

Rudy finally got it going. 

20220220_181917.thumb.jpg.aa9618570b5edebf737984b3b9cad94e.jpg

But just as he was about to launch, the transmitter issued a "low battery" alarm!

Alarm or no, Rudy insisted in a flight.

20220220_181816.thumb.jpg.eae71644a683c08183a7a845b442a1a5.jpg

But he came home after a single circuit, just to be on the save safe side.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 2

T'was a pleasant afternoon at the field today, despite the fact that Aussie couldn't stay. 

Rudy had some issues with his 140 160 two-stroke. It repeatedly started in reverse! This will happen from time to time but when it happens a lot, it is usually a timing issue. I suggested as much, but nobody wanted to take a gat guy seriously. It's a crank-case supercharged two-stroke, so there is no way to adjust the timing, I was told. True... but by changing plugs, you can get the engine to fire earlier or later in the cycle, effectively changing the timing. I said as much and asked if the plug had been changed. Yes, the night before. So on my suggestion, they tried a different plug... and the engine ran perfectly.

Sometimes it feels good to walk around, polishing my nails on my waistcoat, and looking smug!

Puppy Mo had a good time, despite being on the leash quite a bit, to protect him from propellers.

20220220_233447.thumb.jpg.71397a93e3c8114d8bcd0feb3429e898.jpg

(Unka Rudy got a minor prop-strike but it was a real nothing burger, stopped bleeding almost entirely immediately and didn't even hurt. Much. He's very lucky. A bad strike from a big engine like that and you could possibly break a bone or even lose a finger!)

20220220_171829617.thumb.jpg.97d26a6b2d191b7c3ea03006346878f0.jpg

Here is the little man observing the action from my lap!

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 3

So there I was, on the throne, when Mo strolls in calm as a cucumber, and strolls out again with one of my Crocs!

20220221_142828081.thumb.jpg.99775621eec178dc57e3b6ff8fcf5256.jpg

As soon as I was free to do so, I gave chase. It wasn't that hard to recover it, but there was a little bit of a tug-o-war at the end, there.....

20220221_142847211.thumb.jpg.0942cb142210576d800f2f3c4f01113d.jpg

Have you guys noticed his tale tail is kind of wrinkly towards the end?

Edited by Netfoot
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Checked Most Mo's collar and it was tight! Haven't had a chance to make him a new collar yet, so I quickly knocked up this extender by tying the two halves of a spare buckle together back to back. 

20220221_225916965.thumb.jpg.ec7b24307288159c52a62b0ff4eccabf.jpg

That will hold him a few days until I get a round tuit. It adds about 1¼" in length to the collar.

By the way, a while back I mentioned that I'd found a boo-boo under his footie. I kept checking on it and reapplying the BNT powder.  After about 2 days it had vanished without trace. Should have said before now. 

Mentioned in my last post about Mo's "wrinkly" tail. Not kidding. The last few inches of his tail are not straight. Not that it matters but l just thought it was a little weird! I'd take another photo, but he is currently in his crate. His choice, but I gave him a bit of a bolicking just now and showed him the bamboo back-scratcher. 

I took a pre-bedtime shower, and Mo joined me. I tried to chase him off because, well, wet doggie in bed. He didn't get too wet, just a sprinkle, because I kept blocking the spray from him, so he was only getting the overspray. Anyway, I get back to the bedroom and Molasses is siting on top of the pile of pillows, drying himself off! And then, when I chase him off, he goes on the warpath. 

He lay on his back, right next to me using his front paws and teeth to prevent my using the phone. (You try to use your phone with someone constantly bumping and pawing at your hand!) And occasionally, just to add spice to life, he would occasionally turn his head and nip my left nipple! <yeowch!> After a bit if of that, I showed him the back scratcher and he took himself off into the crate.

PT/INR at Dr. Kristi tomorrow. I'm really sick of them, but it's every 6 weeks for life, apparently.

Look out! Here he comes...

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 2

Went for my blood-draw this morning and took Mo along for the ride. He was an absolute hellion in the car, and it took me more than 5 minutes to get out of it without him doing a runner. There is a leash that I clip him to to prevent him squeezing out of the car when I am getting out. That wasn't working this morning, because he repeatedly popped open the buckle on his collar and attempted to escape. I finally got out of the car and left him inside raising 19 kinds of hell, as I went in to the clinic.

Got the needle (ouch!) and as I was waiting for my bill, Dr. Kristi came out and asked after him. I explained the terrible behaviour, and when she asked why he was behaving like that, I blamed her.

"Your fault! You came out and spoke to him at out last visit, and now he expects that all the time!"
"Well, there are no patients in the clinic right now, so go and get him!"

I reattached the collar and used the leash to walk him to the clinic. He popped the collar within 3.4 nanoseconds, and was off down the car park! Fortunately, Clauda was waiting at the door, and called him back, and - amazingly - he listened!

Got him inside and he went completely ballistic, bouncing off the walls and running back and forth between Dr. K and Clauda to give kisses and love-ups. (Dad got only the occasional kiss.) Then, a patient arrived, and Dr. K. let her in, because she knew she was a dog lover. So Mo went ballistic again, because he had another person to give kisses to! It went on relentlessly, until Dr. K. spotted another patient approaching who she thought might not like puppers, so Mo had to be hand-carried (he's getting heavy!) back to the car to prevent another escape.

On returning home, I examined the collar and the problem was that the clasp extension I added yesterday was faulty. The slightest tug and it would fall open. I fixed it by shaving off a little unneeded plastic with a sharp knife, and tried again. Now, a substantial tug, and it still holds.

Gotta get busy and make him his new collar. Still undecided as to colours. I've got a lot of different shades of blue and green paracord, so maybe I will try a couple of those for a while? Maybe just a solid colour? 

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Gotta get busy and make him his new collar. Still undecided as to colours. I've got a lot of different shades of blue and green paracord, so maybe I will try a couple of those for a while? Maybe just a solid colour? 

Princess wants to know (after checking the colors in your previous posts) if you could do bright light blue and hot pink? She's in a neon kind of mood. She also liked the neon lime green but couldn't decide what would look good with it.

Sorry it took us so long to answer but life has definitely been intruding in our fun time. Mostly straightened out now, so life goes on...

Hope all is well with you and the puppers! The Princess asks that you give (Mo)Mo some ear scritches for her. (BTW- she calls him (Mo)mo as we had a 150 lb (68kg) lap puppy with that name. He was nicknamed that from a cryptozoological beast from the next state over. Hope Mo is not insulted by that!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_the_Monster

• Love 2

Just after dinner, I realized one of my Crocs was missing. So, what else is new?

I put on the one remaining Croc and got a torch. It didn't take me long to spot it on the grass, but as I walked towards it, a little rocketship zoomed past me and grabbed it. Thereafter came an unequal battle between my fuzzy-faced, supercharged son, and the Forces of Good.

The Forces of Good were able to vanquish the foe only because they were equipped with superior technology: I switched my tactical torch from candlelight mode to eye-searing strobe, and while the enemy was confused and temporarily blinded, I grabbed the Croc.

On the way back across the lawn, I spotted two stainless steel pot scourers and a pair of khaki trousers that had also been captured by the Forces of Evil. I was able to recover them as well.

@Schnickelfritz, tell your princess I will dig out some nice, bright blue and pink cord and make Momo a new collar... but it will be a few days before I get around to it. The collar extender seems to be working for now (after adjustment this morning), and I have other stuff I'm trying to get done. So hang on for a little while. It's well past midnight and I only just got to bed!

And the puppy has not come to join me as yet. I wanted to get a picture of his wrinkly tail... Ah! He has just joined me.

20220223_003013371.thumb.jpg.0831773863ba5880cc482ebf01a9fe04.jpg

Now, is that tail wrinkly? Or not? If you hold his tail between two fingers and slide them down to the top, you can feel the wrinklies!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

I wonder if he broke his tail before he come to you?

I wondered about that, but he was only 8 weeks old when he came home with me, and I'd been visiting him for several days before that. Could he have broken and healed his tail in that time?

When you run your finger down his tail, you feel the bones like pearls on a necklace. then as you approach the tip, those pearls aren't all in a straight line. They seem to offset one way and then the next.

Understand that it doesn't matter. I don't care that he has a very slightly wrinkly tail, and he doesn't care either. I can't see how it might manifest itself as some sort of problem later in life, so I don't believe this is any sort of an issue. I only mentioned it because I thought it was unusual, and because it was visible in a recent photo. 

Mo was extremely snuggly and cuddly last night. And he is usually quite cuddly to start with. He loves to cuddle and snuggle, and he loves body contact. He is by far the most canoodley pup I've ever known.

• Love 3