Type keyword(s) to search

It's Deja Vu All Over Again: What Other TV/Movie Cast Are Reborn In TWD

• Start Topic

Hollywood's worst-kept secret is how hit shows and films are just old hit TV/Movies with a new gimmicks.

If you want a hit, copy a hit---starting with the characters. Some archetypes always ring the bell with the audience

We've already noted the similarity with the Wizard of Oz, and there's a Walking Dead/Toy Story analysis.

For example, The Breakfast Club:

Abraham is Andy ("Sporto")

Tara is Allison

Eugene is Brian

Lori was Claire

Merle is John Bender

RIck is Principal Vernon

Daryl is Carl the Janitor.

Now that Pai gow has hit on Star Trek...

Can you think of any more?

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 1

The thing with the walking dead is that it is a traveling road show. Where they perform different plays in different locations. At this very moment they are recreating the Seven Samurai or from the American perspective the Magnificent Seven. They did the Moses wandering Jew thing. I am not sure if the prison arc was the Alamo, the Punic wars are perhaps the Iliad.

Edited by Watcher0363
  • Love 3

The thing with the walking dead is that it is a traveling rode show. Where they perform different plays in different locations. At this very moment they are recreating the Seven Samurai or from the American perspective the Magnificent Seven. They did the Moses wandering Jew thing. I am not sure if the prison arc was the Alamo, the Punic wars are perhaps the Iliad.

I'm in stitches--stop, your killing me! :-D

If Rick = Picard, who = Riker? Michonne or Daryl?

Now you're confusing me. I thought Rick was Kirk, Daryl is Sulu, Glenn is Scotty, Michonne is McCoy, Rosita is Uhura, Herschel was Spock, and Eugene wishes he was Spock but he's just a Tribble.

The fate of humanity will be decided by your answer,,,,Choose wisely.

• Love 1

I've always seen it as Rick is Superman, Daryl is Batman, and Carol is Wonder Woman. Other random assignments: Glenn is Green Arrow, Maggie is Black Canary, Michone is the Flash, Abe is Hawkman, Rosita is Hawkwoman, Sasha and Tara...not sure. Eugene, Gabriel, and Noah can get identities when they become useful.

But Rick worked so hard on his Batman voice!

Who would be Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe, Joey, etc. on Friends?

Criminal Minds

Rick is Hotchner

Herschel was Rossi

Morgan is Gideon

Glen is Spencer

Andrea was Elle

Michonne is Prentiss

Carol is Strauss

Who's Derek?

Tara is Penelope

Derek's character is a revolving door of cast members.

What - too soon?

• Love 3

The Simpsons

(so many possible variations, please adjust as needed)

Rick is Homer (because everyone seems OK with his plans, no matter how insane--it's even funnier when you realize that the character who made this very observation about Homer was Frank Grimes.)

Darryl is Bart

Glen is Lisa

Judith is Maggie

Season 1 Carol is Marge

Beth is Milhouse

Michonne is Ms. Krabapple

Abraham is Ned

Deanna is Scorpio

Eugene is Barney

The Governor is Mr. Burns

Current Carol is McBane

Edited by morgankobi
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4

Okay now that our group is officially in the Delta quadrant. Err ASZ.

Rick is Janeway

Daryl is Chakotay

Glenn is Tom Paris

Maggie is B'Elanna

Carol is Seska

Michonne is 7 of 9

Carl is Ensign Kim

Abraham is Neelix

Judith is Naomi Wildman

Rosita is Kes

Herschel was Tuvok

Eugene is Emergency hologram doctor

Tara is Icheb

• Love 1

Deanna is a huge MASH fan. Well, early MASH. The reason she married Reg was that he reminded her of Henry Blake.

However, she's not nearly as good a judge of character as she thinks she is.

Pickled Pete has her convinced that drinking heavily during surgery means that he's Hawkeye Pierce.

And now Rick has her convinced that he's Frank Burns.

• Love 2

Here's another one, that hit me just as I was leaving for work today.

Which means that the entire way there, I was thinking and over-thinking the shit out of it.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Right off the bat, the obvious leads that popped into my mind were 

Happy Rick as Billy

Upset Rick as Dr. Horrible

Pickled Pete as Captain Hammer

and Jessie as Penny

But then I immediately realized, we've seen the same pattern before. It could just as easily be Rick, Shane, and Lori.

Say what you will about Lori. She did work a lot for the community, and she did manage to stay caught up on laundry.

And as far as whether Rick is Horrible and Shane is Hammer, or vice versa, different arguments could be made by both.

Or is Glenn Billy, and Aiden is Hammer? Who would be Penny then? Noah?

What about the recasting of the show that took place in Eugene's head before he met CDB?

No doubt he was Billy, Abe was Hammer, and Rosita was Penny.

I imagine if you asked him today, he'd say Glenn was Billy, Aiden was Hammer, and Tara was Penny.

You see what this one is doing to me? I've got to just pick a cast, post it, and get the hell on with my life.

Rick Grimes is Billy Buddy/ Dr. Horrible. He's crazy, he has tragic taste in women, he hates laundry day, and he wants to force things to be better but sucks at actually bringing anything constructive to the table. He dreams of having enough time to bring his plans into fruition, but these brilliant plans themselves have yet to be seen. Or planned.

Lori is Penny, for reasons listed earlier.

Brillip is Captain Hammer. He isn't just a very tough guy who wants to make sure there are no dangerous criminals around hurting people. He himself is a psychotic bully who aggressively targets anyone who does not worship him, because he takes such an affront very personally. Also, both actors remind me of each other. A lot.

Moist is Carl. Or possibly Eugene.

The Groupies are Andrea, Katmiss, and Milton.

The Singing Cowboys are Abraham, Axel, and Jim.

And, obviously, Bad Horse is Buttons.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1
Beth is Milhouse

I can't stop laughing about this. 

I really want to do Parks and Rec, but it turns out I'm terrible at this. Help! 

Best I can do: Daryl is Jen Barkley ( due solely to their shared affinity for ponchos)

Carol is Ron

The Govenor wishes he was Greg Pikitis 

Lizzie is Orin

• Love 2

That's a tough one!

Woodberry is Eagleton

Carl's Hat is DJ Roomba

Beth is Mona Lisa, because she is the woo-oooorst :)

Michonne is April

Tyresse is Jerry/Gerry

Deanna is Chris?

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 1
(edited)

TMNT:

Morgan: Master Splinter. Wise, kind, speaks softly and carries a big stick. With which he is devastating.

Glenn: Leonardo. Friendly, honest, group-oriented, goal-oriented.

Eugene: Donatello. The gadgeteer of the group.

Daryl: Raphael. Works well on his own, which is good, because he's prone to wander off when feeling grouchy.

Abraham: Michelangelo. Loud, silly, boisterous, and fond of showing off.

Brillip: Shredder. Tough, gratuitously evil, and very angry about a face wound.

Merle and Tank Gunner Mitch: Rocksteady and Bebop. Shredder's right hand thugs.

Rick: Casey Jones. He wants to fight crime, but unfortunately he's crazy and a bit prone to overkill.

Deanna: Krang. She's small, weak, wrinkled, and runs a big operation staffed mostly by idiots.

Tara: April O'Neill. Young, pretty, sometimes quite capable but equally likely to be a damsel in distress. Also, she carries a pen to record information with.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 3
(edited)

Here's what I have so far for the Buffy/Angelverse

Rick; Buffy: leader in the apocalypse, leadership questioned, tortured romantic relationships, sanity in question at least once, notable haircut several seasons in

Carol: Willow: quiet and meek initially, history of relationship trouble, turns much darker and ultimately more lethal to both humans and non-humans

Hershel: Giles: elder of the group, imparting wisdom, not always right and not always listened to, refers to a book or books for guidance, loved one(s) killed by undead

Michonne: Angel: loyalties ambiguous at first, lurked in shadows, strong fighter, mission-oriented -- always up or a fight except when a fight might not be the best plan; including joining forces with a group others see as a adversary

Daryl: Spike: skilled fighter with notable takedowns, sometimes broody but sometimes the comic relief, known for leather jacket, some fans obsessed with relationships and appearance

Will add more later. I'm leaning toward the Governor being the Mayor, on account not just of their positions of power, but their collections of weird things, having undergone transformations, and having a problematic daughter or daughter-like protege.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 3

I could see early Rick as early Buffy, and late Rick as late Buffy.

I guess that means Carl would be Dawn. Hey, it's a step up. At least he's not The Annoying One any more.

Glenn is Xander, so I guess Maggie is early S3 Cordelia.

Shane would be early Faith.

Pete would be Caleb.

Abraham could be Olaf, I suppose. They're both big, loud, and love to chew scenery.

Eugene would be Clem.

Dawninatrix was Principal Snyder.

And Beth is Harmony, although more the AtS version than the BtVS one.

• Love 1

I could see early Rick as early Buffy, and late Rick as late Buffy.

I guess that means Carl would be Dawn. Hey, it's a step up. At least he's not The Annoying One any more.

Glenn is Xander, so I guess Maggie is early S3 Cordelia.

Shane would be early Faith.

Pete would be Caleb.

Abraham could be Olaf, I suppose. They're both big, loud, and love to chew scenery.

Eugene would be Clem.

Dawninatrix was Principal Snyder.

And Beth is Harmony, although more the AtS version than the BtVS one.

I like it! And how about:

Gareth as Glory: territorial and egotistical, enjoys taunting and ingesting others

Andrea as Anya: became less powerful as her stint progressed, occasional bloodlust, seen in underwear; spur-of-the-moment liaison with male colleague

• Love 1

I think it's "Game of Thrones" Time....

I'll keep these vague, to avoid spoiling those who haven't watched yet.

Rick is Ned Stark. His heroism turns to complete confusion when things get zany.

Carl is Bran. Often missing, often in danger, and growing WAY to fast.

Judith is Rickon. Small, useless, and survives mainly by eating nuts.

Lori is Catelyn. Strong views about family, honor, duty, and the role of women. 

Enid is Arya. Scrappy, but generally gets along with other kids, and carries a nice blade.

Beth is Sansa. Pretty, but not very smart.

Michonne is Osha. Knows about the dangers out there, good combat and survival skills, came in from woods with wild-woman hair.

Tyreese is Hodor. A great big nanny who hates violence.

Father Pee Pants is Varys. Except not as cool. They are, however, both bald, both apparently useless in a fight, and neither one has any balls.

Merle is The Hound. Evil, but sometimes with traces of a heart. Very tough, very crude, and sometimes hilarious.

Sam is Hot Pie. An annoying little kid, interested in cooking, who ends up growing on you.

Carol is Olenna Tyrell. She's seen it all and just isn't that impressed. Knows about ten ways to handle anything.

Pete is Robert Baratheon. Powerful warrior, but also a total drunk who sucks at both his marriage and his job.

Shane is Theon Greyjoy. Tough, lecherous, a bit of a douche, and suffering some confusion about family loyalties.

Eugene is Sam Tarly. Fat, horny, and weak, but also smart, well educated, and beginning to show some spine.

Gareth is Ramsay Snow. Charismatic, gleefully sadistic, and certainly not squeamish.

Sasha is Ygritte. Small, pretty, and tough. Also very emotional, which is taking its toll on her.

And of course, Basically Anybody in Alexandria is Jon Snow. They know nothing.

Feh, this could go on forever. But, time for work. I'm outa here.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not sure about Carol. On the one hand, I love her as Lady Olenna.

On the other hand, though, she could be Tyrion. Both come from abusive homes, are easily underestimated, rely on brains more than muscle, frequently stand up for the downtrodden, have tough lower-class friends, and, when really confronted with danger, like to 

use fire.

Meanwhile, Abraham is obvious. He's a big, strong, red-headed guy, who combines "boisterous" with "brutal."

Abraham is obviously Tormund.

And the Governor? He was constantly involved in overly complicated plots that ended the same way- with him killing as many people as he possible could, often for no reason whatsoever. Littlefinger, perhaps? Nope. 

The Governor was George R. R. Martin.

Either that or Abraham is. Because of his motto. "All Men Must Dye!"

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1

Since season 1, I've often thought Daryl was just like Sawyer from Lost. Sadly, Daryl has gotten way less funny.

Rick is like Jack Shepard, the fearless leader that often makes ridiculous decisions that his sheep will follow. And the important ones always survive somehow. (Sorry, red shirts)

Carol is like Juliet, the bad ass woman who knows how to keep her emotions in check, and get stuff (and things) done.

Early Glenn reminds me of Hurley. Resistant to violence and kind of preoccupied with having fun, despite the bad situation.

Andrea was like Kate. Wanted to be the "strong woman," but was really just in the way a lot. Not happy unless she was being adored.

Baby Judith is like Baby Aaron. They tend to get separated from their parents a lot, through no fault of their own.

Beth is Shannon, but with less promiscuous behavior and screaming, but more sad crying and singing.

• Love 1

Andrea was like Kate. Wanted to be the "strong woman," but was really just in the way a lot. Not happy unless she was being adored.

Andrea had many Kate-like qualities; IMHO, however, Lori had more. 

And it's no accident KATE rhymes with HATE

Or that Lori, Kate, and HATE are all four-letter words.

• Love 1

Andrea had many Kate-like qualities; IMHO, however, Lori had more.

And it's no accident KATE rhymes with HATE.

Or that Lori, Kate, and HATE are all four-letter words.

I thought about making Lori the Kate, but in Kate's defense, when she wasn't preoccupied with men, she was actually able to make some worthwhile contributions. I also thought about making Lori the Shannon, too, but both Shannon and Beth were very young which kind of served as their excuse. Maybe Lori can be the crazy French woman?

Also, Tyreese is Claire. In a "relationship" that received way to much hype, and carries around a baby all day.

• Love 1