Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E03: Crazy Is As Crazy Does

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Though if women players are more likely to play the 'under the radar' game (not sure that's true) then I can see them showing that game less in footage, because there's not much to show.

In some cases women may actually be playing an "under the radar" game, but in some cases maybe they're not and the editing just makes it appear that way very often for women. An example of that (and I'm sure there are better examples that I can't think of right now) is that Jefra appeared very under the radar in Cagayan and then in post-show interviews it turned out that she was much more proactive than what was shown. Apparently Jefra had an instrumental part in convincing Kass to flip sides after the merge, but that wasn't shown. And I really don't think this was just revisionist history on her part, because several players confirmed this was true. So if this happens to a number of female players on the show it's hard to justify their poor edits by saying, "oh, well, she just played an under the radar game". 

Also, does anyone know if Jeff has ever been directly called out on his sexism? I mean to his face. I know Linda Holmes wrote that article on sexism on Survivor, but I don't think Jeff ever commented on it. The closest thing to him commenting on this issue that I remember was in some EW interview with Dalton Ross where Dalton asked how returning female players were chosen or something and Jeff made the dumb comment about how it's hard to cast the returning women because female players aren't big enough characters or aren't dynamic enough or something.

Edited by wudpixie
  • Love 2

So if this happens to a number of female players on the show it's hard to justify their poor edits by saying, "oh, well, she just played an under the radar game". 

I don't think that.  I think they just have to make editing choices because not everyone can get their strategy shown.  We didn't even see Vince and Nina claiming Nina had an idol.  Vince even made a phony idol package for her out of fabric.  They just pick their stories.  I see 'neglected' male players as much as females.  

Jeff said that females tend to be more relaxed leader types, not crazies like the men, so when they're casting for returnees that are big 'characters' they do feel like they have more men to pick from, unless they go back to their favorite women over and over-- Parvati, Cirie, Amanda, etc.  

It was Mike's home they were making fun of. But yea, Rodney was basically saying that houses are cheaper in TX, because no one wants to live there - compared with $400,000 Mass homes. Apparently Boston is the place to be.

I wish someone would tell that to the droves of people moving to Austin.

• Love 1