Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Joe's Story

• Start Topic

I would imagine it also relates to busier parents, and lower standard of living (in some cases anyway)

Especially the lower standard of living, and I think education levels may be involved as well. It would be an interesting sociological study.

My life is very normal now -- but I'm 200 lbs less and doing things like running 10K's instead of spending all my time on the couch stuffing my face with cookies and bread.

I hope Joe does well and that we get a follow up with him.

How is it that you are one of the 7% to succeed? Why aren't the others succeeding. They also get the counselling, etc.

^^THIS. This right here.  They know salads are good and sodas are bad, but they say to Hell with that.  You think I don't Shake Shack every day?  Maybe wash it down with a milkshake or three?  Of course I would.  That would be EASIER.  

I guess they get that release of feel-good endorphins when they eat something fattening, much like a drunk after a drink? I am trying to understand, but sometimes they aren't even reasonable, or trying. They throw tantrums and abuse their caregivers. Why?

(edited)

1) Oh I'm so sorry "fat people" aren't worthy of your tax dollars. Really, what an offensive and judgemental statement. And yes I'm fat. They're living off my tax dollars too.

At first I couldn't see where you got this impression - then I read the first post. Yikes! I have to agree that it's a harsh post.

Edited by Chalby
On 3/11/2015 at 11:29 PM, Cherrio said:

Thats what I thought too.  I kept saying he is a guy who looks more like a girl.  I was also wondering if the reason his father ignored him was because he acted feminine as a child?

My husband thought Joe WAS a girl. I kinda have a soft spot for Joe. He wasn't a whiner and he seemed to be a polite, decent guy. I hope things turned out well for him. 

• Love 1
On 3/18/2015 at 11:35 PM, DangerousMinds said:

The make things to help with this. A long, arm-type device that reaches way back. Ugh. But they are out there and people buy them.What if the person got cancer from years of smoking? Still not self-inflicted? A slippery slope.

My husband is not obese but he is elderly, and two years ago had heart surgery. In his cardiac rehab, they gave him something called a "hip kit," which included a lot of simple devices to help people with mobility issues to groom and dress themselves. I know some of them don't own clothes big enough, but I would think some of the smaller patients would benefit from something like that.