Type keyword(s) to search

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2015)

wlk68
  • Start Topic

I thought this was good but not quite as good as the first one. I kinda felt like some of the characters took a step backwards in their growth from where the first movie ended. Some of the plot developments were pretty obviously telegraphed but others somewhat surprised me. Overall I enjoyed it. Dames Judy and Maggie can do no wrong and Dev Patel is cute as a button!

• Love 2

Thanks for your comments re: this movie.  I'm still debating whether or not I want to see it (cannot stand Richard Gere for some reason...not sure why).  I'll probably see it with the same friends I saw the first movie.  Love Dench, Smith and Wilbon!

I saw the movie this afternoon and loved it. In my opinion the first movie was more poignant; this one is lighter. I agree with the poster who commented that this movie could be an ad for India tourism. I've been to India. I found it fascinating but not quite as much fun or as easy to navigate as the movie depicts.

I would love to see the Taj Mahal in person but it's just so dang far! I'm anxiously waiting for transporter technology a la Star Trek. Beam me in, beam me out. :-) 

Count me in as seeing this and enjoying it ... however, I must have been under a brick because I didn't even know there was a first one.  So I am off to watch the first one and compare.

I loved it, I am finding myself attracted to Indian films more so that I realized ... I loved Outsourced, Life of Pi, and yes, even A Passage to India ... I need to revisit my Netflix queue.

I saw A Passage to India so long ago that I remember nothing of the plot, but I do recall it serving as one huge huge travel advertisement for India's tourism industry - every frame of the film was gorgeous!

I saw A Passage to India so long ago that I remember nothing of the plot, but I do recall it serving as one huge huge travel advertisement for India's tourism industry - every frame of the film was gorgeous!

That's the only movie I almost walked out of.  As it was, I had a hard time staying awake.  Snooze fest.

Second Best was on HBO last night. I enjoyed it, and actually laughed a few times. Richard Gere's role was smaller than I had been lead to believe, which is fine with me. I'd say this film was less optimistic than the first, but good.