Type keyword(s) to search

Trashy or Tacky: WE channel

• Start Topic

I just watch Law & Order reruns, but I see all the advertisements for a lot of trashy and tacky shows. I sometimes just want to vent about how tacky and trashy.

for example, Match Made in Heaven - the bachelor says, "I've had my fun, now I want a wife", wives can't be fun? I think his mother is just playing for the camera, anyway I hope so because why would anyone want to be her daughter-in-law? If you married mama's boy, you'd need to move far away & cut the phone service.

Sex Box - need I say more?

And all the women's trashing each other shows...I guess they are Real Housewives of wannabes and I don't watch any of those either.

• Love 3

I only watch WE for Law & Order and Will & Grace re-runs, and sometimes mute during commercials, because the promos for their other stuff is so bad. Wasn't looking at the screen one night and thought I heard "sex box", and assumed I heard wrong. Nope, that's what I heard. I'm afraid to even find out what that is.

• Love 1

I only watch WE for Law & Order and Will & Grace re-runs, and sometimes mute during commercials, because the promos for their other stuff is so bad. Wasn't looking at the screen one night and thought I heard "sex box", and assumed I heard wrong. Nope, that's what I heard. I'm afraid to even find out what that is.

So am I O_O. It's like they've finally reached the bottom of the barrel when it comes down to tv programming.

• Love 2

I read the description of this from the cable program guide and it's couples going into a box to have sex and then talking about it afterwards. That's.....creative? I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the pitch meetings for these shows. I loved "Network" and "Idiocracy", but they didn't have to be a guide for the future.

Sex Box was originally a British show.

Those saucy and randy Brits. Cheeky!

Been watching Law & Order reruns again. It's gotten so bad with the ads for reality shows, that I see if I can find something else first, my love for Jerry Orbach and Sam Waterston does have limits.

On all the ads for the reality shows, there is always one woman who has decided she is boss of the world. And.she.always.speaks.like.this. in a very loud voice that demands that every one will follow her orders. 

Been watching Law & Order reruns again. It's gotten so bad with the ads for reality shows, that I see if I can find something else first, my love for Jerry Orbach and Sam Waterston does have limits.

On all the ads for the reality shows, there is always one woman who has decided she is boss of the world. And.she.always.speaks.like.this. in a very loud voice that demands that every one will follow her orders. 

Let me guess, the reruns are on We, which is becoming the new (tacky) TLC. Remember when We was geared as a Lifetime alternative? (Apparently it failed, hence the conversion to 99% crap.) Then again, even Lifetime loves its reality garbage now, too.  :-(  It's like a virus, permeating everything...

By the way, the first line was part sarcasm. Hee. I know this is the We thread, but the post fits!

• Love 2

I also watch WE for L&O.  The garbage on this channel is outrageous.  Now it's non stop ads for Kendra on Top and the other new show with Ray J.   Who in the world watches these shows? Kendra & Ray J are their "stars"?  Give me a break. Then they've done another spin on David Tutera's show.  I'd rather it go back to the bridal shows than this crap or reruns of other shows.

• Love 1

I watch WE for the Mothership and L&O: CI repeats. Like the rest of you, the sheer amount of trash confounds me. How does this channel stay on the air? Do these procedurals (along with the cheesy CSI: Miami) and House repeats keep this channel afloat?

• Love 1

You gotta be kidding me: I was watching the usual L&O Mothership and Criminal Intent repeats when a commercial for yet another new "reality" show pops up. This one? Mama June, formerly of Honey Boo Boo from that other trashy network, TLC. I guess it's about weight loss as the title is From Not To Hot. Didn't TLC drop her and her family due to moral issues or something?

If not for the above repeats, I'd never watch this mess of a channel. I really do wonder, as I asked above before, if the procedurals do keep the money going for the reality crap. I assume those don't do gangbusters with their original airings as almost every commercial for these shows says/begs: "Set your DVR!"

• Love 2

I haven't been in this thread in a while. Haven't had satellite in a over a year, now I'm trying Sling and it doesn't have this channel, funny, I'm ok with that. I get a little L&O on ION now & then. Sounds like they are still up to their usual crap. 

12 hours ago, friendperidot said:

I haven't been in this thread in a while. Haven't had satellite in a over a year, now I'm trying Sling and it doesn't have this channel, funny, I'm ok with that. I get a little L&O on ION now & then. Sounds like they are still up to their usual crap. 

@friendperidot, Sling TV is now how I get WE since my cable provider dropped it last month; it is an extra $5 under the Lifestyle Plus Package! (I only added it for the said L&O/L&O: CI repeats.)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

I will have to look, I thought that was the package I got, wanted to get rid of sports channels, but they appear to still be there. Guess I need to go check in and change some things around.

If you need help, you can PM me. :-)

I have Sling Blue which is what I planned on, I see there is a Sling Blue Extra and a Sling Orange Extra that is $15 more/month that includes WE. Since I don't see much on there that interests me and I really don't think WE is worth $15 more a month. I think I will do without. I have Netflix also, so I can always find things I want to watch. Also with the Roku, I discovered I can get YouTube on my tv and that suits me just fine. 

3 hours ago, friendperidot said:

I have Sling Blue which is what I planned on, I see there is a Sling Blue Extra and a Sling Orange Extra that is $15 more/month that includes WE. Since I don't see much on there that interests me and I really don't think WE is worth $15 more a month. I think I will do without. I have Netflix also, so I can always find things I want to watch. Also with the Roku, I discovered I can get YouTube on my tv and that suits me just fine. 

That's odd since, according to what I see, Sling Blue is $5 more than Orange (which is what I have) and doesn't include it! But glad you have other options.  :-)

• Love 1

I finally found a streaming service that has the kind of channels I like and includes WE! Philo, $16/month, 37 channels, missing some I'd like to have like TCM and SyFy and TNT. 

Started watching some old Law & Order the other day, yay! I was tired of the last 7 seasons on ION, seems like they repeated about every 3 weeks, so now I have some old episodes. And they just started with Law & Order: Criminal Intent Episode 1, Season 1 this morning, haven't seen these in ages either. And they were showing Monk a few days ago, I look forward to seeing him soon.

Now for the tacky & trashy, I see the Bridezillas are back and some Family Bootcamp for dysfunctional families. Is Kendra still around? I haven't investigated the channel to see all the shows they have. But I kind of consider Kendra to be the queen of tacky and trashy, there were contenders for that title when last I watched, but thankfully I can't remember what they were.