Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Two Men Talking

That wasn't bad. Best of the season by far, i think. 

Nothing really memorable, but nothing that made e cringe, either. Everyone pretty much acted in character, the Travis & Ellie stuff felt honest and earned, and the Andy/Laurie  wasn't terrible either. 

Low bar to clear, but at least i didn't feel angry at the end.

• Love 2

Better than last week, but still not great. It must be at least the 15th time we've had a story about Jules ignoring the fact Grayson likes to be alone. I kept getting distracted by her boobs - even if she'd buttoned up her shirt it still would have been very low cut.

• Love 1
(edited)

It took nine episodes for the culdesac crew to get back into gear completely which is just disappointing, but I really enjoyed everything about this episode.

I think it was the writer though, Melody has written a lot of the shows great episodes.

Edited by Delphi

I was surprised that a main component of this episode was Jules getting Greyson to be her dad's BFF as it just seems like a couple of episodes ago she wanted Greyson to be Andy's BFF.  Repeating an idea from another season is one thing, but from the same season?

• Love 3

That wasn't bad. Best of the season by far, i think. 

Nothing really memorable, but nothing that made e cringe, either. Everyone pretty much acted in character, the Travis & Ellie stuff felt honest and earned, and the Andy/Laurie  wasn't terrible either. 

Low bar to clear, but at least i didn't feel angry at the end.

While I have always enjoyed Ellie and Travis's interactions, there's no way they were having an emotional affair. They are friends. I'm sure couples share things with their friends that they don't share with their partners and vice versa. Not everyone is over-sharing Jules Cobb. Loved that Ellie admits to putting butter in Andy's food because she likes him husky. ITA, Ellie. I've always thought Ellie and Travis were the smartest people in the room; it's a shame they made him a loser tied to a white trash baby mama.

That's some law firm Ellie works for -- out of the workforce for years, but able to jump right back in, telecommute, and set her own hours.

Almost zero Tom, which was a plus, until they ruined it with his patheticness again, this time with the alpha moms.

Only real laugh I got out of this one was Laurie sitting down next to Travis and Travis blurting out "I'm a good person!" He's pretty much been the saving grace of the season for me. All the stuff they do with Chick is boring and depressing, I wish they'd left him as a minor, recurring character.